« Back to the 2000s fashion trends and nostalgia Forum

Hi? Pretty nervous to post this ;-;

Ok, so who wants to talk 00s slang? I think its pretty cool, ych! (thats my catchphrase btw XD)

Report Topic

38 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by bapHOEmet

posted

My mom grounded me once for telling her to stfu, and when my friend group all decided we were going to change our names online to $c3n3 $lutzz I lost internet for a week. I’ll have to go through old messages to find all of the stupid phrases and slang terms we used! 

The only one that I really remember offhand otherwise is ‘lunchbox,’ so like, when someone thought something was REALLY funny we would say it was lunchin’ and if you couldn’t stop laughing you were a lunchbox. xD

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted

i very much remember calling gross/disgusting things “festy” lol

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted
updated

theres a bunch i still use today sometimes like "wicked" or "heaps cool"

Report Reply

Reply by Frenkli

posted

I like when people said teh as the.

Report Reply

Reply by JJ3005

posted

I do not really think this is early 2000s slang but I like using XD more than using the laughing crying emoji. I didn't get access to the internet til the early 2000s was over with :/ 

Report Reply

Reply by leviiiiiiiw

posted

awesomesauce  idk if its a slang but i find it pretty coolz xD

Report Reply

Reply by Hankuken

posted

Me too Frank, i use teh, even with my english teacher, and i make her angry

Report Reply

Reply by Captain Zonko

posted

I remember the cool side of 2000s slang to be only on the internet, like we had the best smileys and wrote in weird ways. In rl, everyone was saying shit like 'faggot' like it was nothing. 

Report Reply

Reply by Rox Paradox

posted
updated

I never stopped using the text emoticons. XD I just, uh, held on strong until they came back around. >.>

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

Idk if this is very popular but <g> meant grin

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted

Rawr means ily in dinosaurs, obvs. x3

Hopefully that hits some notes! Feels like forever since I've used any of that slang, but I do hold tight to those text emoticons. I used them so much its muscle memory at this point. xD

Report Reply

Reply by Eva Prentiss

posted

I used to text boys with alllll the smiley emoticons. :] was one of my faves but I would also do :]]] to show more emotion 

Report Reply

Reply by BerryxManga

posted

Reply by BerryxManga

posted

Reply by MoontT pSYTRANCE

posted

No se si sea una jerga< pero escuchaba mucho a mis primos adolescentes de ese entonces decir(TRASHH) para todo era como ( waaao que trashh) a diferentes respuestas y recuerdo que se me pego bastante esa palabra sjsjsjja que trash.

Report Reply

Reply by Killian (any pronouns)

posted

HELLA

💋

Report Reply

Reply by sm11thy

posted

omg here goes 

TTYL
BRB
ASL
WUU2
LYK
BBY
BC4BC
sweet
peeps
chilax
noob
sketchy
diss
phat
Theres probably so much more I used but can't remember 

Report Reply

Reply by Soup

posted

Quick question, was vamping ever a term used to describe staying up all night texting someone? I got grounded for doing this once (I wasn't allowed to go to literally the coolest birthday party of the year. anyways im def not still bitter about it) and an adult in my life told me this was called vamping. She wasn't that much older than me so I thought what she said was true but ever since then I have never in my life heard anyone say this ever again.

Report Reply

Reply by Zecnetovk V.

posted

Here in PR I remember a lot 

Raitrú (for real, really), 
Mamao (idiot) 
and the overuse of Mamey(is a fruit but we use it to describe overly simple stuff that can be done with no much effort

Context:
¡Ah pero decirlo es un mamey!
(Saying is a Mamey, used in the context of superficial effort with no actual action taken.)

Report Reply

Reply by Gigi

posted

^_^ and ^-^ were my favorite text faces as well as 0_o 

Report Reply

Reply by _Ryan_guro_

posted

i am brazilian and here we have so much 00s slangs till this days lol

Report Reply

Reply by Sazycute

posted
updated

>ROFL - gawd who remembers that?

>"Computer says nah"
>WUU2?

big one: "MΨ MΛTΣ§", all of my phone folders used text like this LOLZ

Report Reply

Reply by Eamon

posted
updated

We used to use the term "PA" for Parent Alert on AIM when our parents were in the room lol

Also "Owned" or "Pwned" whenever someone had a funny comeback on the forums

Lylas/lylab (love you like a sister/brother) was used a lot too

Report Reply

Reply by Corgibutt

posted

Oh man, reading this post takes me right back to my days on AOL~ 
I still use terms like "Rad, Cool beans, Lolz, pwned, phat, yo, TTYL..." And of course emotes like... 

^^ ^.^ ^-^ ^=^
o.o o.O O-o
<=/
>=D
>.>  >.< <.<; >////<

Report Reply

Reply by evia

posted

i used to use ROFL without ever knowing it's meaning, i thought it was just some kind of cool and EPICC word people used

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆ ★ki3⋆ ★

posted

um ive always liked the early 2000s “slang” i dont use it much but the “:3” :0” faces im in love with 

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆ ★ki3⋆ ★

posted

um ive always liked the early 2000s “slang” i dont use it much but the “:3” :0” faces im in love with 

Report Reply

Reply by gage ౨ৎ

posted

unironically, i use awesome sauce and wicked when i see or hear something cool.. not sure if thats 2000s slang but i do use it lmfao

Report Reply

Reply by blingandpink

posted

idk if this is necessarily slang but i like saying that's sick and as paris hilton would say, "thats hot"

Report Reply

Reply by III

posted

Those 00s songs are hitting hard man!

Report Reply

Reply by Yoon

posted

I remember seeing a lot of people use the term rofl a lot !!! though ifdk if it wasnt really 2000s moreso it was the 2010s i think

Report Reply

Reply by Nayeli

posted

This is more late 2000s and early 2010s but sometimes I still say "I can't even" or "on fleek". I rarely hear anyone saying it, but that's just me :/

Report Reply

Reply by -XxJOSHxX-

posted

Rawr LOOL

Report Reply

Reply by Boop

posted

Omg I love this, I always used lol, omg, coolio, cool beans, brb, ttyl, chill. I still use most of these today lol XD

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

I started using the word G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time) when referring to my best friend back in 2007. Haven't seen him since the 5th grade, but I think he's still active on Facebook so I could try looking up his name.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚜

posted
updated

fetch, wack, jk, whatevs, totes, fo shizz, shomgwtf, XD, i3oi3, /\/, g2g, i ReAlLy DiDnT cArE fOr ThIs TyPe StYlE

Report Reply

"I did it for the lulz", and "prommie" come to mind (I was on Gaia Online religiously back in the day). Oh, and then there was 1337 speak, and using the word "sick" to describe something awesome. Some of us were even saying yeet before 2010 (to describe excitement--it wasn't used as a verb yet like it is today).

Report Reply

Reply by Zime

posted