« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Conspiracy Theories

Do you believe in conspiracy theories? What’s your favorite conspiracy theory? Which ones do you think are true? What conspiracy had you go down a huge rabbit hole? I love to learn about new ones and have been finding some interesting ones on tik tok recently. 

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Robot

posted

"I think it is very likely to have some sort of a 'cognitive component' to the system. It's a little bit like how a brain is made, but in that case the 'cortex' will have to be a little bigger to be a brain." – David B. B. (talk) 17:19, 17 June 2017 (UTC) "If the human body was made up of a lot more parts, it wouldn't look very similar. It could be very similar in some ways to how it works on a computer. But it could also have different functions. I don't know. I think there could be a 'cortex of some sort,' but I don't think that is what it looks like in real life." – David B. B. (talk) 19:14, 19 July 2017 (UTC) "There are many, many different kinds of 'cortisol receptors,' or 'sodium receptors' in the body that are involved with the brain. I have seen people who have a very strong connection to a specific body type and that body type is a very different type than the one we're talking about, which may or may not be a human." – David B. B. (talk) 19:22, 19 September 2017 (UTC) "If there is an actual brain structure or function in this, I would think that that is the brain that is responsible for the brain structure, and I would think that the brain is going into some sort of an altered form. I'm just not quite sure how I would describe it." – David B. B. (talk) 20:04, 21 October 2017 (UTC) I think there is a difference of opinion on this, but I think it would be best if we just go by a general rule. The body is a very different body, it's just a little more of an organism, so you could argue that the body is a different kind of thing, but I think that the human body, and especially our brain, is different, because it's very, very different." -David B. B.

Report Reply

Reply by ⴰ༢ .˳⁺⁎ eira ˒༄ ೃ࿔

posted

i spent a long time in high school researching conspiracy theories but found it entirely too easy to find myself entrenched in clearly delusional and harmful/racist ideologies (reptile people, ritual sacrifice, & other antisemitic tropes) so I've moved away from it quite as much. i think an excess of conspiratorial thinking can lead to derealization, or at least it has in my experience. i do still enjoy hearing people talk about their beliefs and some conspiracy theories are pretty fun.

Report Reply

Reply by 「Black Wings Society」

posted
updated

Is anything conspiracy? Is anything truth? In the post-truth reality of real-time
video and image editing, voice synthesis, endless streams fed to
every user … truth becomes a legacy concept of the physical world
and increasingly irrelevant, does it not?

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted

I like high-level conspiracies... the ones that not only gets you thinking but lifts your awareness to a different state of mind

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ zöe ♡

posted

My favourite conspiracies are the ones that "conspiracy theorists" flat-out refuse to acknowledge or go near. When someone who's personality trait consists of questioning the norm against society refuses to touch something due to societal disapproval, that's how you know it's an interesting theory 

Report Reply

Reply by Nexus_Retrograde

posted

1. I believe that 5g technology isn’t refined enough to be safe, and I think the companies know that. We’ve seen it cause issues with aircraft in the US and abroad, as well as harm wildlife living near it. Plus, it will require a transmitter for mobile phones at around every 3-10 homes and businesses. The world health org has classified wireless as a carcinogen which could cause cellular damage via radiation poisoning. Animal testing has already shown that it’s very possible this kind of wireless tech can cause cancer. Plus it’s bad for the environment as it’s producing cellular radiation.

2.  The Covid vaccine was untested and not safe for release, it was purely rushed for profit as there’s no actual proof being vaccinated keeps your from getting or spreading the disease. Now we’re seeing a high rate of blood clotting and internal tissue damage that could potentially be from ingredients of the vaccine. 

3. I certainly believe (albeit a bit far fetched) that the Nazi regime mastered UFO technology. The full extent of their technological marvels hasn’t even been revealed and it’s very plausible that they made some sort of gravity defying craft with the utilization of some kind of zero point engine. We already know they created some of the first rockets that could be propelled into space, and that’s likely just scratching the surface of what they could do as their scientific program was one of the best in the world at the time.

Report Reply