« Back to the SEGA Forum

Saturn Stans United

Posted by O Alentejano

posted

Forum: SEGA Group

Let's talk about the Taboo Console, with all it's weird experimental releases, the FMV games, and and it's sad untimely demise.

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lau

posted

The Saturn was truly amazing,the Capcom fighting games port were sensational.Sadly I haven't played much titles, mostly because i don't own one and emulation can be hard sometimes. 

My favorite games have to be Virtual-On and Burning Rangers, i love the looks from those games. 

Report Reply

Reply by NoName141203

posted

Some of my favourite games from that console are the Panzer Dragoon series, Sakura Wars and Burning Rangers.

The Saturn really had some real gems.
Sadly I don't have a Saturn, although I have a copy of Sakura Wars 2 :P

Report Reply

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

One of the reasons it's still my favourite consoles, are the Arcade ports and the FPS ports.
Namely, Virtua cop games, House of the dead, and Duke Nukem 3d. All 3 are amazing ports, with some true wizardry behind them.

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

I'm actually sat next to my Saturn as I type.

I recently got it out of storage from my parents attic and it still works like a dream, well apart from the control pads but I managed to pick up some dirt-cheap one's from Amazon that work great.

I was hoping to find a treasure trove of games as I remember classics like Panzer Dragoon, Exhumed, Virtua Fighter and Dark Saviour but unfortunately all I found was pretty much sports games. Although Sega Worldwide Soccer 97 is an amazing title.

I don't think I fully appreciated the Saturn upon original release, I was still young and was pissed off that within a year of purchasing the console it was discontinued. If only it had a flagship Sonic title, or maybe a continuation of many of the franchises that made Sega stand out on Mega Drive (Genesis) such as Streets of Rage and Golden Axe.  I think the lack of those titles really hit the console hard.

I think with the recent boost in retro gaming, the Saturn is becoming very collectable, Which means it's finally getting some recognition, the down side is that games now cost a fortune!

Report Reply

Reply by Reggie Boruto

posted

I agree with Luke.
I had a Saturn but Dreamcast will always be my Gaming HEART. I did love me some Burning Rangers, I played **** out of that game, I would dream I had the Japanese version for some dumb reason i can't remember anymore.

Report Reply

Reply by unrestedjade

posted

I sold my Saturn a few years ago because I badly needed the cash, and now I'm kicking myself a little because the price has jumped up so much. >_>;

My collection was never very big, but there was something enchanting about that system. It didn't feel at all like PlayStation or N64, it was off in its own little dimension.

Report Reply

Reply by Mina Moon

posted

I've had my mother's Sega Saturn ever since she passed 21 years ago. I've modded the hell out of it though. The Saturn has always been my favorite console, and I have built up an extensive collection of games. 

Report Reply

Reply by HyperSAM

posted

My favorite game on it so far is Panzer Dragoon Saga, it's a very fun JRPG twist on the rail shooter series. I also just finished Burning rangers, and talked about it on my blog.

Report Reply