« Back to the Deranged SpaceHey Gamers Forum

What Gaming System is a Must Have For You?

What system do you prefer over all the others and why? I'm a huge PlayStation fan so I can't go without playing it. I've always been a fan so it's more sentimental to me. :D

Report Topic

34 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

These days? PC.
Yes, parts are scarce and scalped for crazy mark-ups, but you get so much more freedom, not just in sheer volume of releases, but a whole indie scene, and all the backward compatibility one could ask for, not to mention emulation.
I remember when people were able to install linux on their PS3s, tho, feels like a life-time ago.

Report Reply

Reply by Strongbad

posted

I've been a Sony Fanboy since I was a child, so I'm all about that PlayStation life lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Budweiser

posted

Would like to own a PC one day, but I will always love my Playstation. I can't wait to finally be able to buy a PS5. I'm ordering a Vita next week and I am super stoked for it because I never had one when they first came out.

Report Reply

Reply by Ðꧧï©åtêÐ ©ø®þ§ê

posted

PC for sure, but I also got a PS4 for games like Bloodborne, Nier:Automata an Dark souls and a PS2 for older games like SH, RE and Killzone.

Report Reply

Reply by sputnik

posted

pc, switch, ps3

Report Reply

Reply by N30V3N0M

posted

Mostly play on PC and on the console side of things, Xbox.ย  I've been gaming on PC since like the 80's starting the the Commodore 64.ย  Why Xbox over the other?ย  I prefer the UI over the others and enjoyed everything about the 360 and XB1.ย  I don't own a Series X yet cause of the damn shortage on those new consoles.

Report Reply

Reply by Bunny๐ŸฐWaifu๐Ÿ’–Dana

posted

Playstation for me.

Report Reply

Reply by Steven ๐Ÿฆ‡

posted

Used to be the Xbox consoles (mainly the 360) for Halo but after Halo 5 I've lost interest in the series going forward. Now it's probably PC.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Amber

posted

I play all the systems they have but Iโ€™m mostly for Xbox.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Fluff Pocket

posted

PC, most definitely!!

Report Reply

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

PC but I am interested in the idea of getting a portable gaming system to get away from the games that are advertised on your phone. I only have a handful that I don't think are a complete waste of my time (Sudoku, Solitare and Snake - someone has put Snake on the Google Play store).

Report Reply

Reply by SC_Johnny

posted

I'm always into the latest Nintendo console. Had all of them with the exception of the Wii.

Report Reply

Reply by Kaymaera

posted

PC, because didn't really grow up with console I guess. HOWEVER, I do have a Switch Lite and thinking about getting the Pro maybe when it comes out...

Report Reply

Reply by Fred The Boy Blue

posted

Reply by SWH (Punk Jesus)

posted

Sega Megadrive will always have a place in my home no matter how long goes by. My PC also has a permenant fixture in my home for gaming if nothing else because it can play games from pretty much any generation (even if it does need a little patching/emulating/sacrifice to the digital gods...)ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Rivers

posted

A better PC than the one I got. Lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

I really want a PS5 so I can continue playing with people online, since I am more of a console person, but I've also been considering switching to PC because of the compatibility with other consoles and players. Idk it also depends on what I can afford too,

Report Reply

Reply by Greg

posted

My go to system for gaming is Xbox. I'm really used to the controller layout and I'm really enjoying Game Pass.

Report Reply

Reply by Mike

posted

To be honest it'd have to be ps5 for demon souls, spiderman, god of war, etc. Then xbox for halo and future Bethesda games

Report Reply

Reply by BetteringDave

posted

Well it isn't out yet, but I can't wait to try the steam deck. I currently use a shit pc or my oculus quest 2.

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted

It would be a toss up between my PS2 or N64. I have a lot of good memories linked to both, especially the N64.

Report Reply

I dont have one yet but i would have to go with oculus quest 2 or a pc better than mine

Report Reply

I dont have one yet but i would have to go with oculus quest 2 or a pc better than mine

Report Reply

Reply by CKhaos

posted

PC. Don't think anything else matters lolย 

Report Reply

Reply by John W

posted

Reply by gethin gould

posted

ps5 but when i get some more money together i will get a pcย ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Apav

posted

I'm a huge PlayStation fan, so it would have to be a PlayStation. Now the PS2 is my favorite console, but one I couldn't live without is either PSP or PS3. Most my favorite PS2 games are already remastered on PS3, and the PSP got so many similar games (Daxter, ATV Offroad Fury Pro, GUN). Plus I recently modded my PSP so I can emulate GBA and PS1, along with a fanmade MineCraft clone, which is making it something I can't live without.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

Reply by Dino

posted

I would say PC but...then I think about my childhood of gaming on Xbox and the Xbox controller connected to my pc for some games I play. I guess an Xbox controller, PC is second place. Why specifically an Xbox controller? Simply because of nostalgia and I hate PS controllers.

Report Reply

Reply by DeryckEleven

posted

Iโ€™m on console almost exclusively, with XBox Series X being my most used right now. Game Pass is a big part of that.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by R00by!

posted

Pc in general honestly. There's so much you can play with decades of games readily available through the common platforms as well as endless streams of software

Report Reply

Reply by Radpops

posted

All Nintendo for me. Especially my Switch.

Report Reply

Reply by Nyx

posted

Depending on what iโ€™m playing I jump between playstation and my Nintendo Switch.ย 

Would like to get a PC one day but due to unfortunate things (adulting) I havenโ€™t been able to afford one.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Barb

posted

Besides PC being the obvi, I personally prefer the Wii or the 3dsย 
they are classics for me and I always fall back on itย 

Report Reply