« Back to the SEGA Forum

PSO2 Megathread

Posted by Lau

posted

Forum: SEGA Group

Artwork of PSO2

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a free to play action MMORPG developed by Sega in the year 2012 and released globally outside of Japan in 2020.The game is available in PC (Steam, Epic Games, Microsoft Store) and Xbox One and Series S/X for Global users, while japanese players can play it in PC, PS4 and Nintendo Switch via the Cloud service.

The game will be reborn as Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. Featuring a graphical overhaul, open fields, a new story and new enemies releasing in June 9th of this year. You can try the NGS character creator and benchmark here.

PSO2 has been in other media, it had 2 animes. The first one being PSO2 The Animation,an alternate story that's set between the episodes 3 and 4 of the game's story mode, following the life of the high school student Itsuki Tachibana as he plays PSO2. The Second one being Episode Oracle, an adaptation based on the first 3 episodes of the game, if you're interested in PSO2 but don't want to play the game, I'd recommend Episode Oracle.

There are other Phantasy Star titles set in the PSO2 universe, like Phantasy Star Nova for the PS Vita, PSO2ES and Idola Phantasy Star Saga for mobile phones. Idola has gotten an english release by Boltrend Games in 2020.

From my experience, PSO2 is the best free to play game I've ever played since there's no pay to win element to it and the only things you can purchase are purely cosmetic. 

What ship do you play on? JP or NA? Who's your favorite character? What class do you main? 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by NoName141203

posted

Ship 02 JP

My favorite characters are Afin, Lisa/Risa, Xiao, Stratos, Io and Matoi.
I will be a Luster till I die.

Report Reply

Ship 02 JP. Alma. Ranger because WB.

Report Reply

Reply by HyperSAM

posted

Ship 2 NA. My favorite characters are Shiva, Enga, and Luther. I'm a Luster in base PSO2 but I don't really have a main in NGS because I wanted to be Gunner but Gunners are all style no damage in NGS.

Report Reply

Reply by HyperSAM

posted

Yea I got youpso2 character

Report Reply