« Back to the SpaceHey Forum

being logged out [closed]

I am being logged out every time I press the home button

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Frenkli

posted

Omg so it’s not just me I’ve been having the same problems and it only started a few days ago. It seems like a bug probably.

Report Reply

Reply by Julian Kim

posted

Well I think, everybody has same issues. Maybe the bug will be fixed at some point.

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted
updated

It's not happening to me, so maybe just some are affected but I can see how it must be annoying to keep getting logged out once the "Home" tab is clicked on, resulting in having to log in again so I hope the issue gets fixed soon for those who are affected by this.

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

Okay, this bug is a really strange one... I noticed it happening too but only with one of my accounts and only on my mobile phone... I don't have any explanation/fix for it yet because I really didn't change anything on the login system in the past weeks at all. Strange!

If this bug has happened to you, could you please give me some more details so I can look into it a bit more?
When exactly did it happen? Only when clicking on the "Home" tab or also when clicking on the logo? On which device (mobile/desktop) and which browser did it happen? Did a refresh on the login screen log you back in?

Thank you for your help everyone! Let's hope I can find the cause for this bug soon!

Report Reply

Reply by andrew covell

posted

i can return no problem if i don't close my browser but letely if i close out the tab but not the browser and then return i'm logged out again when i first noticed the issue i dismissed it since i knew groups where coming the next day but now that groups is here it does seem to be an issue i'm on the chrome browser  also while i'm here giving details about this i would like to suggest an option to stay logged in when logging in so that way we don't need to log in everytime we enter our browser 

Report Reply

Reply by ThisIsHistory

posted

So this was happening to me for a bit on both pc and mobile but it stopped when I turned my adblocker off.
The thing is, I turned my adblocker back on and I wasn't getting logged out anymore/
So even though it fixed the issue on both devices I can't seem to reproduce it.

Report Reply

Reply by Anxo

posted

For me, it happens in mobile (with Firefox):
When I click on the tabs:
-Logo
-Home
-Bulletins

The rest of the tabs work well, and if I have notifications and I click on the bell, it works as well.

On computer everything works well. I think it started the day before the Groups were opened.

Report Reply

Reply by farerudesu

posted

Yup, i have the same issue for this bug that is need to be fixed, beacuse i already check the "remember my password" when i was log in to my account.

Report Reply

Reply by Ember Ashes

posted

okay some more details about me being logged out, 

it happens sometimes,
mostly when I hit the home button or the space hey logo to go home, if I press browse THEN PRESS HOME it will keep me logged in.

that's also how I get around logging back in, cause it seems that it actually doesnt log you out it just looks like it did?

so if it "logs me out" I  just press browse then home again 
this happens on my PC and phone

if I press any other tab besides the home button it does not log me out.

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

Okay, thank you everyone for the details! Really strange bug!
What device and browser are y'all using when this happens?

Report Reply

Reply by Please leave a message

posted
updated

For what it's worth,

I used to have this problem where if I clicked the SpaceHey logo on the top left of the screen to go back to my home page, it would log me out/take me to the main page where it asks you to log in. The strange thing was that even if I didn't log back in and clicked on links like 'Browse' or 'Groups' or 'Bulletins', it would still treat me like I was still logged in.

Doing a hard refresh (Holding down CTRL + F5) fixed it for me. I'm on Windows desktop using Chrome.

Edit: The "logged out" bug happens again after a while so the CTRL+F5 solution is only temporary until you refresh again

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted
updated

Okay, thank you all for the details! That helped a lot!

I just pushed a change to the page-routing system of SpaceHey which should (hopefully) fix this weird bug!
Due to caching, it may take up to a few hours until the fix is rolled out to everyone. In the meantime, try pressing F5 (or refresh the page) when you encounter this bug to temporarily fix it on your end.

I hope this update fully eliminates this bug! Please keep me posted in this Forum Topic if you still encounter this bug (after a few hours) or if it works now for you!

Have a great day!

Report Reply

Reply by Donald

posted

Still just happened, macbook-firefox, was on this forum then clicked home, and it ook me to the login screen, I did not log back in but clicked on browse/bulletins/groups and it acts like i am still logged in to my account.

So it looks to me like a fake logout and a problem with clicking on 'home' from the top menu

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

This bug should be fixed now once and for all! Thank you all for your help!

Report Reply

An closed this Forum Topic