Topic: Fellow Alternative Peeps!

Sort Replies:

Reply by $YD

posted

RE: xXskull_loverXx

• "anyone else get banned from wearing black in middle school? lol parents eventually unbanned me from my favorite color"

Never by my mother who has always been very supportive of style and subculture choices BUT in school (before highschool so like 13 and younger) both my brother and I wore mostly Gothic fashion (although both different subtypes) and our principal had such a huge issue with this that she tried having us not allowed to dress in our desired styles. But thankfully my mother challenged this and the principal in the end was NOT allowed to ban this since we were still technically following dress codes. Oh the wonderful life of Catholic school!

Report Reply

Reply by $YD

posted

RE: kennerfee100

• "uhhh, isnt alternative a music genre and not a clothing style?"

Yes but, typically genres over time grow into a subculture that goes beyond just the music that includes common style elements among the people aligning with the subculture that end up becoming the standard image associated with the music and such :]

Report Reply

Reply by $YD

posted

I wouldn't say that me being alternative was a phase at any point in my life BUT I definitely have phases where I'm more aligned with one specific subculture, otherwise I'm just a mashup of evrythangg

Just for fun a lil timeline of my lil "phases"

Mall Goth ==> Scemo ==> Punk ==> Decora ==> Emo ==> Decora Punk ==> Goth ==> Cybergoth

What can I say, I love it all! It's fun to have little periods of hyperfocus on one specific substyle every once in a while!

Report Reply

Reply by ⭒☆✯star_child✯☆⭒

posted

started exploring an alternative grungey kinda style over the summer, one day my punk ex bf and one of my goth bsfs gave me a goth makeover outside the mall and gave me old clothes and makeup and ive been loving it since!!! absolutely adore my style!!

Report Reply

Reply by Gorixology

posted

Im glad there are more BIPOC who are into it and arent afraid. It was aways hard growing up but now I can embrace it.....although I do miss the old days when you can be a goofball 

Report Reply

Reply by artisy2k1

posted

hi! i'm a bit of everything. i don't label myself wholly as goth, punk, metal, scene, emo or anything. personally i just take visual elements from multiple styles and combine them into outfits that work for me! i usually wear outfits that look 90s, early 2000s or late 2000s. just sometimes with a midge of early 2010s too. it depends on my mood, but commonly i be looking very punk-emo, or like a skaterboy with band tees. for music i love metal, nu metal, hard rock and art rock. send me a friend req if you wanna talk about diy'ing clothes or ideas/inspiration :D

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted
updated

hey! i don't really like to label what subculture i 'am', but i suppose if you were to label me, i would be trad goth (or just goth, as a broader generalization) and punk. im super into both goth and punk music, as well as the fashion and sort of ethos that come with both subcultures, but am more goth-leaning. i mostly take inspiration from seventies and eighties punks and goths for my looks, but i never pull specifically from one thing only.

anyways, it's super cool to get to meet all these cool alternative people in one place. have fun with all of your alternative adventures!!

Report Reply

Reply by dakota🦇

posted

hi!! im sort of tradgoth/romantic goth(?) and also a mix of vkei^^ i just recently got into these subculture like 3 months ago so im kinda new

Report Reply

Reply by thrxshrrtea

posted

heyooo ;D

im all over the place but i switch between 80s glam metalhead/80s thrasher/90s-00s mallgoth a LOT  :P  im leaning more towards mallgoth now and i just happen to love the style <3 so glad that fashion is making a comeback, it needed to happen!!! thanks monster high for making me look like how i imagined my teenage self as a kid LMAO 

Report Reply

Reply by MATT

posted

Reply by kyliee<3

posted

absolutely destroyed by the fact that i have naturally curly hair bro. i had to stop straightening it everyday after years because it was falling out ;-;

Report Reply

Reply by _d4ddy_issues_

posted

I have loveddd the emo/goth culture since I was a kid but cant partake in it due to some social circumstances irl but im sooo proud of all yall for being yourselves <33

Report Reply

Reply by Abashiri

posted

I hate emo because it's all based on race. You have to have pale skin and dark hair and of course be of European to descent to be in the Emo culture and fashion. Hell, there are more black guys in kimonos than there are anybody of non-western descent in the true Emo culture. 

Report Reply

Reply by shelf

posted

yo guys chillllll im poc (asian) emo trying to break those stereotypes/widely believed stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Corrupted ningyo

posted

Reply by lost land of seth

posted

WOW THESE COMMENTS ARE OLD THERE ARENT MANY PEOPLE STILL ACTIVE ON THIS IG 

Report Reply

Reply by gyaruzxbooo

posted

Heyyo!

Im gyaru and idk what else to write (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Report Reply

Reply by avenue4strangerz

posted

been a broke scemo in middle school and still is but broke and creative it most def isn't a phase <3

Report Reply

Reply by katesmith1304

posted
updated

Reply by ForgetMeNot02

posted

Hi! Im scene and emo! 

Report Reply

Reply by at0micaAv

posted

not a phase, I've practically always been alt. ehe.

Report Reply

Reply by doctormantistoboggan

posted

@_@

been into the alt scene since elementary bcuz of my older brother!!! don't know what category I fall under rn lmao but I like dressing a mix of emo, grunge, and goth <3

Report Reply

Reply by altfashioncorner

posted

Hi! I've always been interested in alternative fashion since I was very young. I looked up to all the older emo and goth kids at my school, daydreaming of becoming as cool as them when I got older x) I used to dress mostly emo when I was 13-14 but as I grew up and my music taste also expanded I also got into other styles like grunge and even the 80's glam metal look.

I run an alternative fashion page on instagram, @altfashioncorner. Would love to make some more friends and mutuals on my page so feel free to add me and shoot me a message! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by rollingboyx

posted

Im gonna be honest, I have no clue what I fall under but to make it simple I just say I’m alt/dress alt even though I would much rather be dressing emo or scene

Report Reply

Reply by eresys

posted

Reply by GwenlinXD

posted

hello! alt person here. been alt since little have a metalhead as dad and a goth as mom hihi.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔫𝔞

posted

i wanna learn to sew so bad, and my friend made a skirt and it was so cool, it was black and ripped at this edges and it looked so sick 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔫𝔞

posted

i wanna learn to sew so bad, and my friend made a skirt and it was so cool, it was black and ripped at this edges and it looked so sick 

Report Reply

Reply by victor⚣

posted

Hihihi hello!!! I’m living proof it wasn’t a phase 

Report Reply

Reply by xx_ghostie_xx

posted

Reply by d r y f r y z

posted

hello!!!<33

Report Reply

Reply by Cat <3

posted

I wish I could get more clothes in my style!! (I actually don't have a specific style yet so I claim to be alternative lol) I've really been into the emo scene recently. Can anyone recommend places I can go shopping for some alternative clothing??

Report Reply

Reply by kat

posted

Reply by Kero

posted

Haiiii xd

Report Reply

Reply by AdairTrashart

posted

im just vaguely alternative i dont really follow a set thing when it comes to fashion or music or anything else
i wasnt really able to act on it until recently because my dad is so judgemental about everything vaguely unusual if its not something he would personally do and im so glad i dont have to be around him anymore

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Livin large and still going at it <<3333 Find the most joy by being myself and meeting others alike :33

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Livin large and still going at it <<3333 Find the most joy by being myself and meeting others alike :33

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

Report Reply

Reply by D3ADSTAR!

posted

Honestly I've always knew that I was different growing up and it's not just cause of my autism, just more so been kinda sheltered, so when I found out about the whole alternative scene thats been going on through the covid era of tiktok, I just knew that I'm not gonna be those basic girlies and instead be those weird yet cool goth/emo/alt kids.

Report Reply

yoooo! happy it wasnt a phase but my hair probably disagrees. its so dead, its been through a lot. im sorry.

Report Reply

Reply by kai

posted

It was never a phase :P

My style changed a lot through the year and even tho I always kept it dark/alt now that im an adult I can go kind of all out and get the things I always liked (tats and piercings). Music was my biggest inspiration but learning about fashion history made a big change in how I view clothing and subcultures. My music taste is very eclectic and it goes in cicles so sometimes I kinda feel like a poser ^^'

Report Reply

Reply by Vira

posted

I'm following in my mums footsteps and have been alternative since I was a kid. Its not a phase its a way of life :P

Report Reply

Reply by Cyrus

posted
updated

Heyy I consider myself to be alt with a bit of indie and a whole lot of chill, but I am broke and I can’t buy anything

But I love making friends!

Report Reply