« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

Fellow Alternative Peeps!

If you are goth, punk, metal, scene, emo, or whatever else is there, pop in and say hi!

Who else is happy to know it wasn't just a phase?
And if it was just a phase, and you're feeling nostalgic, that's ok too!

Report Topic

147 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by X

posted

I legit whipped out my hair straightener for the rawring 20’s, but I definitely feel my style has evolved over the years. Still spooky, but ever evolving.Β 

Report Reply

Been goth since middle school and holdin' it down every day, eyyy. Style has DEFINITELY! evolved and continues to, but I'll always be alt.

Report Reply

Reply by Devin Lopez

posted

Could always use more alternative friends i call myself cozy punk lol

Report Reply

Reply by Junky Punky Patrick

posted

I hit my emo phase after high school, ironically right after cutting my long hair I had for like 5 years.

Still havent grown out of it so I guess it wasn't a phase

Report Reply

Reply by πŸ–€Obsidia LapidusπŸ–€

posted

I'm 34 and I still gravitate toward the clothing and music.Β  I'm constantly checking for black lipstick products I haven't tried yet.Β  *Maybelline superstay in Thrill Seeker, velvet kuckian is good but very drying, and NYX's Alien are good* I've yet to try black moon cosmetics

Report Reply

Hello everyone!~ Wasn't a phase! Or if it is it's been a very long one now, lol πŸ–€πŸ¦‡

Report Reply

Reply by Monika

posted

Hello!Β 

Report Reply

style evolves constantly.... but the spook is forever

Report Reply

Reply by NovaBYTE <3

posted

hey beautiful people :)

Report Reply

Reply by Britt Sevrie

posted

Β Still the same old girl 10 plus years later <3

Report Reply

Reply by DigiGhostπŸ’š

posted

hewwo :) i am your local elder emo

Report Reply

Reply by StuntGirl

posted

Heyyy emo don't plan on changing anytime soon!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by β›“Plumpkin

posted

Meee!! Defo not a phase! But its okay for people to have phases, too.

Report Reply

Reply by MareepTheSheep

posted

even though im considered unattractive to some of my peers, idc. I wear and look how i want <3

Report Reply

Reply by Kat ♥

posted

I am very happy knowing that it isn't just a phase LOL. I still dye my hair crazy colors, I got piercings that I have always wanted, tattoos, and I look how I have always dreamed of looking when I was 12-13 years old. xD

PS if anyone wants any friends I am always up to add people

Report Reply

i knew it was never a phase for me. when i was 12 or so, my mom let me dye the ends of my hair and bangs pink so that i could "get it out of my system", and now i'm 24 with fully pink AND blue hair!

Report Reply

Reply by Xx.Oh.My.God.Becky.xX

posted

Present!

Β 
I've been waiting for the rawring 20's to kick off!

Report Reply

Reply by xXLil4cLuXx

posted

there was a phase were I didn't use labels but came back into emo 'cuz i love the music and it feels more like myself, so hellow :D

Report Reply

Reply by n0str0mo

posted

Popping in!Β 

It was never a phase mom it’s a lifestyle!!

Report Reply

Reply by hrh eliott!

posted

Lockdown's done something weird to my style. A year ago I had been dressing like Gerard Way-circa-2004-meets-bondage and had been doing so for a decade. Now I've got a yellow mullet, my makeup is SFX-meets-Euphoria and the outfits are... decadent.

I love it. Finally got tunnels and not plugs for my stretched ears and they look sick

Report Reply

Reply by Lynchie

posted

heyy there everyone! im always down to make some new alt friends. im so glad i finally get to live out my myspace dreams

Report Reply

Reply by DJBLASTUM

posted

It is not just a phase!!!!

I was in 7th grade in 2006, and was always super envious of people who's parents let them dress goth! My clothes were more gamer-oriented (which ironically has been proudly dubbed nerd goth now) but I wanted the parachute pants, the vulgar metal shirts, the spikes and the crazy hair!!!

15 years later I'm achieving most of my dreams. I love collecting band shirts as my music library is massive and constantly grows. I love buying skinny black pants for cheap at the local Marshalls/Burlington/Ross. I bought my first pair of Dr Martens recently.

I love going to DIY music scenes in Los Angeles. I love being inspired by the millions of fashion senses of each individual. I love going to alt dance clubs and seeing elder goths there still shaking their thangs at 50+ years of age~~~

Literally some of my favorite people I've ever met are the ones that aged realizing that it wasn't just a phase. Embrace yourselves, loves.

Report Reply

I always knew it wasn't a phase for me, though had to suffer through middle school and high school wearing what I could get at home and not being allowed to dye my hair.Β  Always enjoyed the spooky and macabre on the inside though, and now can (kind of) afford and have freedom to do what I want.

I do miss my long green hair though (which I cut off in a fit of being too hot at work one day)

Report Reply

Reply by Amanda (Little 28)

posted

I'm lazy alt, I never look put together but you can bet I'm wearing black (mostly).

Report Reply

Reply by πŸ–€ Death Rae πŸ–€

posted

Hi everyone,Β 
plus size alt spooky queen here to make friends and relive my myspace glory days!Β 

πŸ–€ Ps. Please check out my babe's website! He hand designs and also curates alternative t-shirts and other fashion items.Β  He just made a really awesome mermaid babe t shirt and a goddess of death shirt that he hand drew and I think they areΒ  really cool! I am an elementary teacher by day and he is a print shop manager so any support, or willingness to check it out is sooooo appreciated! Thank you πŸ–€

www.strangeandunusualtshirts.com

Report Reply

Reply by gee

posted

hii, i see there’s a lot of alt ppl here and i’m still hella young, but wanted to know which label i fit? i get called several things but one i hear a lot is mallgothΒ Β dats me : )

Report Reply

Reply by π–’π–†π–™π–Ž

posted

hiii

im just alt egirl wearing fav artist merch but helloΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Angelofdarkness(^_///)

posted

Hey!

Defintley not a phase for me although I've toned down just a little bit not as dead looking as much

Report Reply

Reply by Angelofdarkness(^_///)

posted

Hey!

Defintley not a phase for me although I've toned down just a little bit not as dead looking as much

Report Reply

I'M NOT ANEMIC MUM IT'S CALLED GOTH.Β Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Steffi

posted

I just love alternative fashion and music. I’m into emo, industrial, goth, ska.Β 

I tend to wear what I want from day to day .Β 
When I was younger I definitely was more into dressing up.Β 
I’m an elder millennial , I’m getting old .Β 
But black is my go to color .Β 
But I love the rainbow 🌈 

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

I'm into lolita and punk fashion I actually make my own patches and sell them on etsy

Report Reply

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

Been a Goth since I was about 14/15. So its been about 10 years.

Report Reply

Reply by β™‘ Jess β™‘

posted

xX IT WAS NEVER A PHASE MOM Xx

Report Reply

Reply by Emily

posted

Hello there πŸ¦‡ glad I found this place!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by star

posted

I don't know if anyone still comments under this but heyyyyy. I started my emo phase in the beginning of middle school heheh, if you wanna be frens just add me <33

Report Reply

Reply by RatzNBatzRCute<3

posted

Reply by ren

posted

i always say to mom that it is a phase so she lets me do stuff hoping that the "phase" will go away

Report Reply

Reply by ren

posted

i always say to mom that it is a phase so she lets me do stuff hoping that the "phase" will go away

Report Reply

Reply by Alexei♥οΈπŸ¦‡

posted

It would be so great to make friends who are just like me!1

Report Reply

i've been alt since middle school, and now i'm a sophomore in college! definitely not a phase! i started out pretty emo and now idk what exactly to call my style lol but the closest i can think of is goth/metalhead/just edgy in general with a bit of emo mixed in still lol

any other alt peeps out there, feel free to friend me!!! i need more alt friends!!!

Report Reply

Reply by crashdiamond

posted

i definitely need more alt friends c: my aesthetic shifts anywhere between punk, funky ska dad, and whatever happens when you mix kurt cobtain, david bowie, and a mental crisis from the years 2016-present

Report Reply

Reply by joeythearsonjunkie

posted

i've been raised by a gothic metalhead and a punk metalhead my whole life, so there's no question i would turn out to be some dark emo kid lol. i enjoy the al community so much, so i'm here if anyone wants to appear in my messages lolz. i wasn't able to thrive in the scene kid community when i was younger and it was living, so spacehey is a really good chance for me to get my solid step into the community X3

Report Reply

Reply by Gabber

posted

I came to it later, but I am a proud grown up goth!

May the rawring 20's endure forever.

Report Reply

Reply by Micahskyy

posted

grunge kid hereΒ 

i love goth fashion and im trying to add more pieces to what i wear but when i try to wear a whole goth outfit it doesnt suit me :((

Report Reply

Reply by Jade Deceit

posted

Ohmygodfuckinggod

I don't even know you'd call meee. Back in my teenage years, I wanted to be scene SO badly, I remember begging my Mother for snakebites. Of course she said no. So I don't even know what label you'd put on me, now.

I even used the "labels are for soup cans" saying, as well as "rawr xd". I fear for my internet company.

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

I never got to explore it as a teen due to family and bullying issues, but now as an adult, I’m finally living it out and learning more about the community. Everyone here is awesome! :DΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by mewp2002

posted

I used to be a bit of an emo when I was 14, I used to wear all
black with converse and a moody personality to match. I used to act
really disinterested in everything in order to be percieved as
'mysterious', it's so painfully cringey to think about it now! XD

Nowadays
I tend to favour more of a diverse aesthetic, so much so that I can't
really give it a name. Although, I am really into pink things and
J-Fashion, talking of J-Fashion, I did have a decora phase (the only
reason I stopped it was becuase I was too scared of what others thought
lol).

I take little bits of inspiration
from lots of different styles and form it into my own. I take bits from
'alt' style, decora, goth, traditional Japanese dress, shironuri, 60s,
gyaru, Y2K, 90s, menhera and kawaii styles.

As
of now I frequent various vintage shops, a recently opened one in
particular. It sells an abundance of beautiful items including vintage
kimonos and yukatas which I have purchased two of. I absolutely love
them and the prices are not too high either. I like to style them with
more modern accessories such as hairclips, heels, unusual earrings, fake
nails and belts to which I have recieved many lovely compliments when
out in public. <3

Report Reply

Reply by MICHAEL

posted

Man, I wish my mom would allow me to dye my hair.

Report Reply

Reply by Phantom

posted

HELLO I def need more scene/emo/alt friends so if that's you HII

Report Reply