« Back to the Game Shows Forum

What're your favorite game shows and why?

Posted by Cory

posted

Forum: Game Shows Group

Tell us what your 3 favorite game shows are and why.

1) Jeopardy! it's a quintessential, barebones, barely-any-frills trivia game that really is a pure joy to watch. It won't ever be the same without Uncle Alex, but it's cemented itself as a stalwart of American game shows.

2) The Chase. It's the UK version of Jeopardy, in terms of game enjoyment and format strength. 

3) Taskmaster. It's just fun. It's never the same show twice. 

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by SeliiSpookzYuhh

posted
updated

i use to looooove wheel of fortune!
and who wants to be a millionaire! :D
i couldnt think of a third one lolll

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

Does Whose Line count? And yes, you are spot-on about Jeopardy! 

Report Reply

Reply by zheanna

posted

Jeopardy, 70s Match Game, Lingo, Weakest Link, The Price Is Right, Chain Reaction, and yeah, Taskmaster is always great

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

I love the price is right. it’s my all time favorite game show. 

Report Reply

Reply by Michael

posted

Price is Right will always be the greatest gameshow of all time but I also like Let's Make a Deal, Taskmaster, 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, and Pointless.

Report Reply

Reply by acid drive

posted

good question, bc there's a lot of good ones out there.

i think if i had to say a fav rn, it'd be press your luck (both versions), by far, just because of how funny the whammies are, how intense the game can get sometimes (especially things like matthew's "record" game or cathy & lori's spin war), and just how fun it is to watch multiple episodes back-to-back

Report Reply

Reply by anthony

posted

i love so many game shows.The Price is Right,Family Feud,Card Sharks,Deal or no Deal,Jeopardy,Wheel of Fortune so many more.I love to see people win.So exciting,thrilling.

Report Reply

Reply by ~TréVann Ra§had~

posted

1. Figure It Out (1997-2013) <—— they actually dipped for several years then came back. 

Because it was just cool seeing kids come on tv showing the world what weird talent they can do/done. The fact that they would pick kids in the audience too. Plus Seeing cast members from my favorite live action Nick shows get slimed was priceless.

2. What Would You Do?? (1991-1993)

If anyone remembers this show you are a real one!! Marc Summers as the host CLASSIC. Nickelodeon was just everything in the 90s and 2000s.

3. Deal or No Deal (2005-2019)

Come on now how can you not love this game. That game you could walked away with 1 penny or 1 million dollars by just picking the right case or take the offer the banker gives you. Watching that game as a teenager really showed me how greed is the root of all evil not money. They need to bring this game back. 

Strong 4&5

Supermarket Sweep

Let’s Make A Deal. 

Report Reply