« Quiz/Survey Forum

The future of SpaceHey by 2030?

As a massive fan of myspace and how much i disliked Facebook when they created "The Social Engineered News Feed Wall" followed by "Memes" then followed by "propagandized and political memes" which divided the masses more than it brought them together.

After the original ways of myspace are restored.
What are ways we could make this site different than Facebook or Instagram?
More games?
Maybe small little add-ons like the original Facebook had for a year or two before the news feed wall was introduced when they started super-poke? 
which allowed you to dropkick, slap, and etc. with your friends?
maybe a compliment box which allows you to compliment your friends and strangers?
Maybe keeping politics off of Spacehey in order to make this about unity, personality, and friendship instead of differences and virtue signaling?

I'd love to see ideas.
i am just grateful we have this again. it's so much more relaxing than being on Facebook and so much more simpler!
Parler is all about news and such.
what if SpaceHey was about uniting people again and making it more about social interaction, compliments, advice, games, and care for one another? instead of divisive memes, news, and social engineering like Facebook partakes in?

it would stand apart from other tech giants and allow us to get to know one another better and have fun without being divided. No matter our political differences. we are all people in the end with a Bright-Side to our moon and a Dark-side to our moon! we have so much we can learn about one another. even if it never goes this far. i am excited to see where this site goes in the future. i hope it is transformative in how humanity has treated eachother in the past 10 years. we are back to the basics and we can overcome hate here and allow it to never get the best of us!

Sorry for the typos and going off subject.
ADD
I'm also a Sun in Cancer
Moon in Pisces
and Scorpio Rising

leave your thoughts and ideas below ^_^

Report Topic

28 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Toneia

posted

I’m a leo sun and Scorpio moon and rising

Idk if Spacehey will last long, but yeah, I agree with the politics staying off of Spacehey or at least keep it in their separate forum, so other ppl who don’t want to see it, won’t have to. I personally want it to stay exactly like the old Myspace, but turn it into an app. I just want to design my page and make online friends. 

Report Reply

Reply by SusieQ84

posted

Keep politics in the politics forum. That's why MySpace and this site are great; there are relegated spaces for that specific content. That is why I was so glad to hear about spacehey. I needed this level of simplicity back. Just need it to be an app but that will take time. 

Also, I'm a Libra but I don't know my rising/sun or moon signs.

Report Reply

Reply by magdalen rose™️

posted

100% agree

One of the big difference is the lack of scrolling. Also, so far you can’t reply to other people’s comments on a thread. That shuts down a lot of dramas before it even starts and keeps things on topic because you can o my respond the OP.

If ads get involved, I’d say that would be the turning point where it will go downhill. Corporate interests will change the platform. Let’s hope we get to keep it!

Report Reply

Reply by Kymee Ostrom

posted
updated

First thing first NO politics note if you have an opinion express it when I say no politics I mean no deleting users post because it disagrees with your political views. I don’t want this to be like FB where the news feed is VERY political. Also have political post in a thread that way one choose if they want to read it. Note that will be a thread that I’ll be avoiding 2020 politics was enough to last me a lifetime, I also get enough of it off of Facebook (only reason I haven’t deleted is cause literally no one I know has a SpaceHey account and I’m not a trendsetter for example when my friends post they get 100s of likes when I post my likes/reactions range from 1 to 20.

2. Pics and videos not memes note memes are funny but i would rather see pics of your pets

3. Profile music and ranking friends ie top 5 as a throwback to the OG MySpace

4. No likes please let’s not make this an addiction where people try to get likes, be popular, etc let’s build up self esteem and not worry about how many likes a picture has or deleting a pic/post cause no one liked it

Report Reply

Reply by Kymee Ostrom

posted

First thing first NO politics note if you have an opinion express it when I say no politics I mean no deleting users post because it disagrees with your political views. I don’t want this to be like FB where the news feed is VERY political. 

2. Pics and videos not memes note memes are funny but i would rather see pics of your pets

3. Profile music and ranking friends ie top 5 as a throwback to the OG MySpace

Report Reply

Reply by electroslag

posted

Please please please never add an upvotes/likes system!!!

If there's ever a tag system implemented somehow, please keep it like old tumblr where only the first 5 tags matter. When tumblr changed that they made the search/discoverability way worse.

Ultimately though I know that there will be a need for as revenue just for upkeep costs, I just hope the ads are simple old school banner ads and nothing like the pop up or crazy targeted norm that goes on right now.

Report Reply

Reply by ATG All Tyme da G

posted

You know how facebook overtook myspace? Because FB created an app and put it on everybody's iphone, blackberry or early android phones in the late 2000s/early 2010s. More and more ppl gradually moved over to FB & the final straw was when they effed with the original site. If SpaceHey created an app then Facebook would be dead by 2023.

Report Reply

Reply by Ana Tigris

posted

ATG All Tyme da G you're so right! 
At the same time the beauty of myspace was the desktop browsing experience. I really hope that An is able to figure out a sustainable funding model that doesnt end up relying on ads or anything like that. I think this is what made instagram/fb the worst for me. Its like there are so many posts that are just about commerce. I know people gots to make money but like - all these other platforms already exist- can we please not make this a place where we are constantly being sold something or other, just make this what it is - a space for friends. you know?!

Report Reply

Reply by DaMightyBenStein

posted

I absolutely agree with the concept of #NoPolitics on spacehey, unless it's in its own section. One of the main reasons I ended up creating an account on here was to get away from all the divisive propaganda and the "independent" "fact checkers" from the Land of Cuckerberg. On this site, I just want to have a good, fun experience and talk to as many like minded people as possible. In the event that an app does get announced, I volunteer to be one of the beta testers for it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Shane Sosa

posted

a virgo here. i like this, i would love the lil games that were once part of the old facebook... music sounds perfect too... keeping politics off sounds even better. 

fuck trump anyway. cheers.

Report Reply

Reply by Palmfridur Hanna Gudsdottir

posted

I am sleepy and could only barely skim your post.  But I love the idea of getting rid of politics, being less divisive, more people-friendly, etc.  I HAAAATE politics or extremism of any sort.  It is very rare, almost non-existent, to find other apolitical folk.  Thank you for expressing yourself regarding this topic!  

Report Reply

Reply by Palmfridur Hanna Gudsdottir

posted

I am sleepy and could only barely skim your post.  But I love the idea of getting rid of politics, being less divisive, more people-friendly, etc.  I HAAAATE politics or extremism of any sort.  It is very rare, almost non-existent, to find other apolitical folk.  Thank you for expressing yourself regarding this topic!  

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

Sounds good!

Scorpio/Aries/Sagittarius

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

Idk if SpaceHey will still around by 2030. . .The social media landscape has changed in the last decade, these days people use computers less and smartphones more. . .As much as HATE to say it, without an app idk if this site will be around in the next few years but who knows maybe it will still be around (FriendProject, the other MySpace clone has been around since 2008 and they still don't have an app, hell not even MySpace has an app & they're somehow still kicking it in 2021 ). . .I don't think SpaceHey will EVER blow up like the OG MySpace and/or takeover Facebook, it will just be a niche thing like CD/VHS/Cassette tape/Vinyl collecting. 

Report Reply

Reply by Night Frost

posted

NO ads and NO nowdays stuff. Keep it old school html era!

Report Reply

Reply by Erica

posted

This is exactly what I miss of myspace!  I hope spacehey makes it.  We need the platform back where everyone was chill and not uptight.  Things were different.  Let's rewind to that time again. 

Report Reply

Reply by Vigilante Stylez

posted

What will make Spacehey great?  First a mobile app.  Second, nobody getting banned for saying whatever they want.  I can see them banning obvious spammers, that's okay.  But what made me HATE Facebook was their stupid Facebook jail for violating community standards which are unevenly policed. Yes, and keep politics in the politics forum, and let those people fight it out in there.  Don't ban someone because they share liberal or conservative views, extreme or not.  Let them argue there, and keep it out of the rest of the site.  

Report Reply

Reply by R4PT0R

posted
updated

We should have games like 

which were famous on facebook during the late 00's and early 10's, sadly they got shut down later on...
I seriously miss those games, it was fun to exchange / send stuff for my friends and breed all kinds of aquatic creatures. It would make a nice nostalgic addition.

Report Reply

Reply by xX_olivurrr

posted

i dont wanna jinx how long this site will last but i reallyyyy want it to be successful. there have been lots of sites inspired by myspace over the years and they all get abandoned or people get bored. OR it turns into a warzone like you mentioned!! so i def agree that everything should stay positive and civil :D

i think games would def be a good idea, and esp multiplayer games to keep ppl engaged in the social aspect too!
also having a place to post pictures more easily would be cool, like having a "photo album" section on your profile or something :3

Report Reply

Reply by _Going_to_Gerany_

posted

I hope this website lasts for a long time, a feature they should add which Myspace is being able to upload videos onto Spacehey! 

Report Reply

Reply by venus (won’t kill you)

posted

i’m an aquarius, not sure abt the others

but yes, politics has made everything so dumb. i lowkey wish we could all just be little elephants who don’t care and just kinda wowowowoowoooh whenever there are bees and stuff

Report Reply

Reply by GabrielWays

posted

If you want to increase your customer base you need to visit the website . Here you can order reviews that will help you grow your business, especially at the first. It will attract new customers that will leave their feedback on your page too, thus making you a small advertisement and that was help to generate traffic to .you website. 

Report Reply

Reply by Sydney

posted

I agree, keep the politics out of it. Our world is so not fun anymore, you can’t go anywhere or do anything without being forced to see all the nonsense. 

I’ve really been enjoying this website, I love the simplicity and nostalgia. I hope it never gets tainted. 

Report Reply

Reply by x.{finn}.x

posted

they definetly need to add videos like old myspace. photos too. its cool they have music already. having everything in one place would really set them apart from other social media the most tho

Report Reply

Reply by Iamthewalrus

posted

Keep it so you have to click on a blog to read a blog. Same with forum post.

That's what separates it from the likes of Twitter, Facebook and Mastodon.

I tried out Mastodon for a while with the promise of 'no algorithm will make it apolitical'... no it just meant I had an overload of American politics. I'm not American, politics stresses me out anyway & there's only so much politics I can handle when I know I can't do anything about it.

If you have a TL of what someone else is posting, they will inevitably post something that you don't like/click with because they are not you.

As for me I'm trying to be unpolitical on here. Trying to not give too many clues about anything 'cliquey'. But ugh it's hard :))

Report Reply

Reply by ~Ime~

posted

The website is starting...but put it as an app, along with tiktok type of media for the blogs then, boom. It starts going up.

Report Reply

Reply by Lemmingsishard

posted

sorry for the necropost (is that a thing here) but I am afraid to say I don't think this platform will blow up since it is built off of nostalgia, just like osrs. Just like osrs it is doing very well in the moment but as the people that were kids in the 00s get older and older, what most likely will happen is that these types of nostalgia things will start to die off as their populations leave for other more "important" things. I hope that this type of stuff, the stuff that is not hand fed to you by an algorithm where all your data is stolen to maximize time on the platform will grow on gen-alpha and I hope that enough of those guys and younger zoomers will in-habit soon to be dying places like here and osrs and openrsc (I really love runescape).

TL;DR, I think this platform will die as late millenials and early zoomers age.

Report Reply

Reply by crimson

posted

as a late zoomer, i dont have any nostalgia from myspace. i like this site bc its simpler and more fun than all other socials ive tried out, and a lot of it has to do with the amazing and rare lack of algorithms

Report Reply