« Back to the Therian & Otherkin Forum

How did you find out you were therian?

A place for us to share and discuss how we discovered our therian paths.

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Faye Galloway

posted

Oddly Enough it was through MySpace as a preteen.  it's a story of sorts if anyones interestedd but here goes.

I was almost 13 browsing myspace while on vacation at my moms house. I had recieved a friends request from someone I didn't know but decided that i would add them anyway because she had a cool looking wolf profile pic.  

*mind you during this time i was experiencing phntom limbs and what i can only describe as feral anger sensations when in hightened states of emotion & I was very very drawn to wolves at the time and it went beyond the normal favorite animal phase*

She messaged me, told me her name and that se was drawn to me, because her spirit guide had showed me to her.  Over time I learned about my own family history with Native Spirits and Animal Guides from my uncle. Her spirit had led her to me and mine, and through her and my uncle I learned some of my Native heritage and came tot he kowledge of Therians and otherkin,  I haven't ventured to meet many, outside of R and her then husband, then later on after their divorce, her future partner, and one of my best friends I'd met and grew up with.  I formed some amazing life long friendships that helped get me through some testy times and i learned alot about myself, and learned that being outside the box isnt so bad.
over the years Ive learned that its not only just wolves but large Cats that I'm close to,   Snow Leopards Specifically, and Foxes as well. 

Report Reply

Reply by 🐾~Arrow~🪐

posted

I was on tiktok and on the alterhuman side and started doing quads and I had shifted and now I know x

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

If I'm gonna be honest, It was mainly because of phantom ears tails, and paw like feelings an the other half is more memories and "connections"! It all started about last year, this year and m=mainy found them out between like march-june ish im not sure .

Report Reply

Reply by ⦻Proxygremlin⦻

posted

It started with Phantom shifts and then I started experiencing animalistic behavior then I started having tooth shifts i then found out about therians and quadrobics I started quadrobics then felt extremely connected to coyotes and having dreams about coyotes and running on paws I recently awakened as a coyote and pallas cat therian I'm proud to be a therian and others should too! It's a wonderful and sweet community

Report Reply

Reply by Eddison,Eddie,Hewitt/hewiey/huito

posted

I was 13 on TikTok. And YouTube. I thought "oh wow.. they are like me, I feel like that" I felt like I’m not alone. I also thought "if I don’t feel like a human. Then why identify as one" so that’s when it first started lol. Felt like this for so long just never knew what it was called.

Report Reply

Reply by _kotakarnage_

posted

in 2019, I was going through a lot of trauma and it helped me sleep at night. I found out I was fox therian at that time among so much others. Now, its a coping mechanism.

Report Reply

Reply by Carol!

posted

Since i was a kid, i was like, I was amazed by cats, but it wasn't a like a favorite animal, or anything, it was a very strong feeling, I felt as if, idk, they were part of me, i was (And i am) so conected w Cats. Then, a yeaes ago, like at 12 more or less, i awakened Up, BC Of a friend. (He was a therian, and he told me, so i get so curious that i imvestigated about theriantropy in internet, and i was like: OMG, thats so me!!) 

Funfact: my sister awakened as a squirrell therian a month ago (she is 7 lol, im so proud of her)

(SORRY IF I WROTE SMTHNG WRONG, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LENGUAJE AND I AM STILL LEARNING IT, THXX<3)

Report Reply

Reply by Faith

posted

ever since i was five a was really really conneted 2 wolfs and i would expirence animal like urges and behaviors and when i was 6 i heard a wolf howl it felt like it was grabing my soul or like talking 2 me and them when i was 8 i played wolfs with my friend and i just felt so natural and real when i was acting like a wolf i would crawl on all fours alot but this time it was just different and i alwayed believed i wasn't human and i was some type of creature besides human and then one day in 2019 i saw a video about therians and i just instantly felt like it was me and then i had a aura shift and after 4 years of researching and random shifts i now identify as a therian <3

Report Reply