« Music Forum

anyone here like blur/oasis/britpop in general?

Posted by lilizard

posted

Forum: Music

huge fan of 90s/80s britpop, mainly blur, oasis, and radiohead (if you consider them as britpop, maybe britrock?). anyone else a fan? i have adhd and ive been hyperfixating on this topic since last june :P

my fav albums!

oasis: the masterplan, wtsmg, and dm
blur: leisure, mlir, and 13
radiohead: in rainbows, pablo honey, ok computer

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Boo

posted

is that a thing? hyperfixing? i've never heard of that phrase before.

during the 90s at that time, i was mainly going to raves and listening to a lot of jungle and gabber. in terms of more mainstream stuff i was mainly listnening to portishead, tricky, garbage, green day and playing a lot of kula world on the PS1 lol. blur always pipped it for me over oasis though. 

Report Reply

Reply by lilizard

posted

hyperfixating is just when you find a topic that you divert your focus to for a long time, sort of like a special interest lol

i defo prefer blur > oasis but i mean i do like them both. im still sort of exploring garbage's discog. though, and i grew up around some of green day's music so i'm well versed in that

Report Reply

Reply by Boo

posted
updated

have you looked into shoegaze bands that were around when britpop was big? bands like slowdive and MBV are amazing. ride is an amazing band also. pale saints, cocteau twins, mazzy star etc. 

i'll throw in this gem of a song by a really great underrated band called kitchens of distincion. 

https://youtu.be/9JXk_oV4nbo

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

Fan of all three you mentioned, I listened to Oasis quite a bit recently 

Report Reply

Reply by Nebula_In_Space

posted

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THOSE BANDS!!! I don’t here many people talking about them anymore so i get super excited when someone else loves them too!

Report Reply

Reply by grace <3

posted

Reply by julian

posted

I got into Britpop recently, I love Blur, Pulp and Oasis alot! I listen to Blur more than the other two though..:D

Report Reply

Reply by Fig

posted

I love, love, love all of those bands! Blur especially. On that note ... what are your thoughts on The Ballad of Darren? I personally loved it! 

I was introduced to Britpop through my friend and ever since then I have loved it so much. Also, what is your favourite Britpop band and Album? 

Report Reply

Reply by Hobo

posted

im in a band inspired directly from oasis and blur,

love shit like (whats the story?) morning glory, and parklife and so much more

Report Reply

Reply by AriDaEnby

posted

honestly, leisure is so underrated, i love think tank but its so hated on cuz graham isn't on it smh

Report Reply

Reply by Forsarek Slayer of Glerbo

posted

https://linktr.ee/morphineskin

Report Reply

Reply by emily_oasisversion

posted

Omg I love the masterplan 

Report Reply

Reply by connor

posted

yeah britpop is mega + u should listen to the stone roses