updated

Forum: Books and Stories

What is favourite genre to to read?

Report Topic

65 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lolly

posted

I typically read love stories, not romance novels - but right now I'm reading a few good ones.Β 

I'd love to get some recommendations because I'm just now really getting into reading. I like fiction. Obviously pretty vague.

Report Reply

Reply by xXNIAXx

posted

I used to like fantasy with lovestories in it, but at the time my favourite genres are darkfantasy, historical stuff and scienes fiction xD

Report Reply

Reply by Malyn

posted

I'd say my favorite genres would be romance, fantasy, sci-fi, adventure, historical, and thriller.

Report Reply

I absolutely adore Fantasy, horror, thriller, mystery, a really good crime book. I'm not a super fan of romance as a primary genre but I'll check it out if the summary looks interesting.

Report Reply

Reply by Rebecca

posted

I read a lot of YA fiction, but I'm specifically reading modern Fey stories right now. Like Holly Black's series, if anyone has a recommendation.Β 

I also read a lot of mystery, fantasy, and romance with a sprinkle of sci-fi.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Casey Brooks

posted

mostly YA. and anything on historical figures like Marie Antoinette. I also have tons of books about the Tudor family.Β Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Megan{AZ}

posted

Tragedy, gothic romances, and/or contemporaries depending on my moods and motivation levels.

Report Reply

Reply by Megz

posted

Sci-Fi for sure.

Report Reply

Reply by Aylien

posted

I'm not much for reading fiction anymore, except books by Exurb1a. I love reading philosophy and physics, it's very beautiful. Stoicism and existentialism are my favourite subjects.

Report Reply

Reply by Daniel Price

posted

Science fiction and fantasy.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Queen Amber

posted

Mostly YA for me.

Report Reply

Reply by Catisaurus-Rex

posted

while i'm hesitant to call this a genre in and of itself, i've been really into comic books lately. i've always liked manga, and as of october, i started reading western comics... i am absolutely hooked. my favorites i've read so far are the killing joke and harleen.

Report Reply

Reply by April

posted

Urban Fantasy and Sci-fi

Report Reply

Reply by Brian Palmer

posted

It depends on my mood, but I do like contemporary tales, literary fiction, women's fiction, sci-fi/fantasy, that sort of thing, and I like reading both Adult and YA titles.

Report Reply

Reply by Tayla Gaffney Blake

posted

Normally Sci-Fi or Murder Mystery

Have quite a few video game related books (Gears of War and Assassin's Creed) and a few auto bigraphies

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

I love reading erotica, romance, and mystery

Report Reply

Reply by Trish

posted

RH, si-fi, paranormal, fantasy

Report Reply

Reply by Anxo

posted

It's sci-fi for me! Actually I end up reading half science fiction and half fantasy, but I like sci-fi more. I'm too deep into feminist science fiction and I'm always looking for novels written in the 70-80's.
I'm also starting to read in between some YA and romantic novels. It helps to relax after reading some dark, cryptic science fiction.

And I'm constantly reading fanfiction too.

Report Reply

Reply by am4ra!

posted

i LOVE fantasy + romance and ones that make me sobΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Riona

posted

I'm into high fantasy. Right now I'm huge into Cosmere, like Stormlight Archives and Mistborn. I'm trying to get into Wheel of Time but the prose is kind of dry and I'm having trouble getting past the first book.

I had trouble getting past the first Stormlight Archives book too but that series ended up becoming my favorite book series of all time so sometimes it's worth powering through a tedious beginning, lol.

Report Reply

Reply by scourgu!

posted

shounen and seinen for comics, detectives and russian sci-fi for books (russian is less idealist so it makes me less mad about the fact we're in a low tech dystopia)

Report Reply

Reply by ayuxx

posted

Fantasy, especially high fantasy.

Report Reply

Reply by Anna Schröder

posted

I love reading anything that's mysterious, historical or fantastical. Something that provides me with proper escapism.

Report Reply

Reply by Swiftpaw

posted

I don't read as much as I write but I enjoy middle grade and animal fictionΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Christina Ireland

posted

My favorite genres to read are horror, psychological thrillers, thrillers, murder mystery, and true crime. So I guess anything dark really lol I just love the suspense!

Report Reply

Reply by Christina Ireland

posted

My favorite genres to read are horror, psychological thrillers, thrillers, murder mystery, and true crime. So I guess anything dark really lol I just love the suspense!

Report Reply

Reply by Kloudchild

posted

I mostly read nonfiction. Lots of autobiographies, memoirs and books on certain subjects. I want to jump back into Russian literature and I'm hoping to settle in with a fiction writer who has a long bibliography and go through that over time

Report Reply

Reply by gravy dog

posted

sci fi and apocalypticΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Cali

posted

My favorite is Murder Mystery or Scifi Thrill

but i read everything

Report Reply

Reply by CoffeeBun (γ‚’γƒ³γƒŠ)

posted

I love strange stories, horror stories, stories with plot twists...Β 

Recently I read "the yellow wallpaper" and I can recommend it 100% ^^

Report Reply

Reply by MostLikelyLeah

posted

Fantasy, Romance. Both of them combined.

Report Reply

Reply by debleb

posted

i love fantasy (low fantasy in particular) but i especially love anything where the main characters are animals !!

Report Reply

Reply by jo

posted

probably dystopian or fantasy

Report Reply

Reply by Valen

posted

anything with a good plot

Report Reply

i most commonly read graphic novels, the only other books i read that aren't graphic novels or manga is the "little house in the big woods" books lol

Report Reply

Reply by Sepan

posted

I used to read dramas a lot, but rn I'm more into horror stories.

Report Reply

Reply by kris

posted

Horror and paranormal romance!

Report Reply

Reply by Ani

posted

might come off as childish but children's comedies (such as diary of a wimpy kid and dog man) are my favorites

Report Reply

Reply by Frosty

posted

Sci-fi

Horror/Thriller
Mystery
these are my favourite genres

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted
updated

Fantasy or horror would probably be my favorites.

Report Reply

Reply by Mr. Crisis (Nick/Ethan)

posted

I adore horror books as well as classical books (eg. Pride & Prejduice, The Great Gatsby, Great Expections, etc)

Report Reply

Reply by Chux

posted

I mostly love reading histories they give me surprises

Report Reply

Reply by Chux

posted

I mostly love reading histories they give me surprises

Report Reply

Reply by Tommy

posted

I like the more amazing ones. https://basketrandom.fun/

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

im not sure if classical literature counts, but i love that. gothic novels and thrillers are also great.

Report Reply

Reply by Eros

posted

fantasy romance ftw, especially with lgbtq undertones

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

Murder mysteryΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by apolaustic

posted

"literary" fiction :)

Report Reply

Reply by -ˋˏZeeˎˊ-

posted

I usually read fantasy books with a small love story

Report Reply

Reply by VSJ

posted

Horror and murder mystery. Wouldn't say no to fantasy or sci fi tho!

Report Reply