« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Theism vs Atheism

Theist Religions, including Monotheism, Polytheism, Personal God, and similar Gnostic things vs Atheism/Agnosticism/Nihilism/Egoism/Sceptisism/Similar  you can also include spiritual beliefs such as Buddhism, Confucianism and Daoism. You can also cover other ideas such as Ancient Astronaut.

Please Debate Logically, attack the idea, not the person, and try not to break logical fallacies. No Breaking Spacehey Rules, I do not want this thread banned. 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rainstorm Moonbow

posted

I’d be an agnostic theist: meaning I don’t know for sure but I lean towards there being a God or that the universe is God or that we exist as an idea in the mind of God.

Report Reply

Reply by Quentin

posted

There don't seem to be many theists on here. Which is fine, but I don't think that'll make for an active discussion about this.

Report Reply

Reply by Sofia Rina

posted

I'm a pantheist, I believe that the universe is God itself and God is the universe itself. We are part of the universe and that means we are God too. For me, God is just a concept not a a single entity that separated from universe.

Report Reply

Reply by Munshi Al-Haydari

posted

This discussion obviously didn't seem to hit off but I'd still like to add my opinion. Obviously, as a Muslim of the Akhbari creed I am a theist, there aren't many theists on this site, but I still love my atheist brothers and sisters and have many atheist friends as at the end of the day, we're all humans.  I'm a theist as I see flaws within the atheist view of life, and I am sure many atheists will see flaws in the theist view of life as religion and philosophy is both subjective and objective. If anyone would want to discuss the existence of God with me please IM me, I've written many articles on this in the past.

Report Reply

Reply by David V. Kimball

posted

Monotheism actually makes the most sense out of any form of theism and especially compared to any form of atheism/agnosticism.

This book changed my life, it's a great reference for how to logically break that down:

Holman QuickSource Guide to Christian Apologetics

Report Reply