« Back to the Pagans and Wiccans of Spacehey Forum

How long have you been studying your craft?

Posted by Nat Corvid

posted
updated

Forum: Pagans and Wiccans of Spacehey Group

How long have you studied your craft?

I first started looking into witchcraft when I was roughly 11 or 12 when my mother first started practicing Wicca. I didn't take it too seriously and ended up dropping it for a few years before getting back into it around my late teens. I started seriously practicing when I was 18 and have been seriously studying for roughly 6 years now! I've definantly come a long way on my journey and feel like I still have so much more to learn. For now I've seperated myself from Wicca practices and have gone more into eclectic paganism, focusing my practice in on hearth and home with a smidge of kitchen and green witchery in there.

How about ya'll?

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by John the Verbose

posted

I started in college when I spent a semester in Ireland in 2004, so that's 17 years. 

I'd like to thank my Irish History professor for our unit on Pre-Christian Ireland and all those field trips to pagan sacred sites. The Neolithic and Bronze Age spiritualities seemed more enigmatic at the time, but there's a bit more in the written record about druidism (though not much there either). Druidism is much more accessible in modern terms and varieties, so I ventured down that path. 

I was solo by choice until 2011 when I wanted to experience more community interaction. I joined the Reformed Druids of North America, and that's been my spiritual home ever since. In 2013 I was ordained to the Reformed Druid priesthood and founded a Grove the same year. We've been meeting on the Wheel of the Year high days for rituals ever since.

Report Reply

Reply by leen <33

posted

I've been practicing tarot / oracle for about 2 years now. I eventually want to study witchcraft in depth but I feel like I haven't gotten to a point in my Tarot journey to move on to things more serious.

Report Reply

Reply by weed mem

posted

Shamanism is finicky it is how ever is my 

Ancestrel of birth right my prevous family was pure mohawk she was a medic Women
for her village 

Report Reply

Reply by toby

posted
updated

i have been in and out for a couple years im back in full swing now since my dad passed, he would keep me from practicing tarot and spell making lately i have been practicing with a pengulm.

haven't found what i like studying yet so im just trying out a lot of different things 

Report Reply

Reply by Strayshade

posted
updated

I have been practicing since I was 12 so 25 years now. Makes me feel old. My mom and grandmother were christian Witches I just dropped the Christian and stayed the witch. 

Report Reply

Reply by SandyFalkner

posted

I want to say 20 years 

Report Reply

Reply by Cranky Old Witch

posted

I've been practicing for about 35 years. Solitary and coven.

Report Reply

Reply by .-: <3 mania <3 :-.

posted

3 years now! 

i started by watching tarot videos on youtube lols!

Report Reply

Reply by Wybie

posted
updated

I've been studying for about three years now but I've been practicing since I was about 4 or 5. That sounds super young but my family members all practiced so i grew up in and doing the craft. 

And I generally I do all types of magick.

Report Reply

Reply by 3V1E

posted

I got interested in the subject when my dad started practising. I didn't really try anything though until a couple months ago when I started fuy researching into witchcraft and other things like astrology, only two days ago did I finally get my first couple of things to start my practise :D

Report Reply

Reply by goyangbi ☆

posted

literally weeks only :T

Report Reply

Reply by Metal Druid

posted

I started my journey into Druidry back in 1999 and was solitary until I joined OBOD in 2019. I am slowly doing the bard level studies, but I am enrolled in college right now and that takes most of my attention.

Report Reply

Reply by Eune

posted
updated

9 years and tarot for 6 years :)

Report Reply