« Life Forum

Posted by Kusuan

posted

Forum: Life

What was your biggest take away from this year? It was a crazy year with everything that has happened. A lot of aspects of life changed. We practically have a new norm with mask and social distancing. What did the year mean for you? What did it do for you? 

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kusuan

posted

Wow that sounds like an amazing 2020! That sounds fun being able to work with the evolving music scene with everything happening this year! I know it was a challenge for a lot of bands and they have been turning to streamed concerts. I think the year in itself was a great way to get people out of their comfort zones, well at least for me. It forced me out of the standard routine and got me to get up and take a different approach to a lot of things. A lot of lessons learned this year for sure. Everything to put into the new year and make it one to remember. 

Report Reply

Reply by BDizzle

posted

I am so tremendously grateful on a personal level for 2020. As so much ugliness in the world boiled over to the surface like a grody froth of fear and hate; the overwhelming enormity of it all, combined with the isolation required by Covid, forced me to find an inner solitude through personal exploration and discovery. I think I learned more about myself in the year past than I did during several previous years combined. The people and things which are most precious to me were revealed in starker relief as I got in greater touch with my innermost values. I learned to establish better boundaries, internally as well as externally. I deepened my spirituality and found greater comfort through related practices such as meditation. By the end of 2020, I was in contact with a profound sense of serenity and gratitude that was not present in my life at the outset of the year - and I believe that was directly influenced by the challenges of the year.

Great topic. Thanks for posting and letting me share.

Report Reply

Reply by Kusuan

posted

That was a great response! Happy to give you the ability to be able to express. I think there is always light in darkness. The views and perspectives of the world is tied to the individual. Many might take the year at face value thinking only of the negatives that 2020 brought. There are many like you who have overcome the hurdles the year had to offer to become a stronger and more understanding individual. Thank you for sharing that! 

Report Reply

Reply by Jenny

posted

My year didn't start the best I was in my last trimester in February I was hospitalized for it got to go home for two weeks and had to go back had my son at 37 weeks pregnant emergency c section! The best thing that came out of 2020 for me would be my son. 

I also started a garden and I had a lot of fun doing so and it did very well and I enjoyed it so much that this year I am doing it again and also want to learn how to can things as well. 

What I took from 2020 is just to enjoy life you never know what can happen in a blink of an eye and never take any moment you have for granted I really stop and just take things in now where before I really didn't. I also learned who truly were my friends and who truly weren't for me. 2020 really opened my eyes to things that's for sure. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kusuan

posted

Congrats on your son!! That must be exciting, sorry that there were some bumps on that road but being a parent is exciting! Gardening always see  so calm and tranquil which I think is something slot of people needed this year with the chaos of the year. I do agree that this year pulled out different sides of people weather it be good or bad. Fear of the unknown has that power and unfortunately some true colors come out of those you thought certain ways of. None the less the year really shined some light on different ways to view life. I thinking being able to stop and smell the roses is something that a lot of people lacked that this year provided. That is something this year has also brought me. A lot of little things we take for granted on the daily that I look back on and now greatly appreciate. 

Report Reply

Reply by Megz

posted

I feel like I learned a lot about myself and grew a lot in 2020. I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and it helped me so much. I started understanding myself and how to notice my triggers and use coping mechanisms. They legalized medical here and I finally got my card and that has helped a but load too. 

So what I learned was fix yourself. If you're in pain mentally or physically put those things first. Money is money as long as you're surviving its okay and you don't have to feel guilty for taking care of yourself. And second I don't need no man. So I asked for a divorce. Through my therapy I learned what a toxic marriage I had and it wasn't fair to either of us. I also learned I need to set better boundaries and not let anyone walk all over me. I changed who I was growing up because the world taught me if I was more gentle and less mean and aggressive I would be listened to more. And now I'm like fuck that fucking shit. And I don't want to be soft and delicate and gentle for no one. Also I stopped shaving and it was the most freeing thing. Also help cut costs so I can get out of here. 

Report Reply

Reply by silas

posted

I think 2020 was the breaking point of a fragile system that was already on the tipping point from several other "epidemics" simultaneously, which in turn came crashing down like dominoes. All it took was a tiny, invisible virus. 

Report Reply

Reply by Princess N

posted

2020 actually brought a lot of good things for me and showed me things I needed to see. I met my boyfriend, who’s now my fiancé in the middle of an epidemic. I moved out of my parents house and into an apartment with my now fiancé. I graduated with my associates in behavioral health support. I got a new job, my fiancé got a new job. It was a year of growth. He showed me I’m worthy of love. I learned that I needed to take care of my mental health. It was a decent year for me, considering the changes our society faced. I needed change in my life.

Report Reply

Reply by scenemo.mess666

posted

well to summarize i think it started the chapter for a new social era. personally it was pretty hard as i was homeschooled for that year and moved states, so very lonely, but my creative journey took huge leaps, and i discovered a lot about my self. 

Report Reply