« SpaceHey Forum

audio autoplay? :c

Posted by cup

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

I guess this site doesnt support autoplay of embedded audio? hmmmm >:( not having luck doing that. also having issues setting the audio player volume in css, it seems like the lines get cut out when trying to add these attributes. havent done any web design stuff for years its good fun getting back at it :D

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Yeah I've been trying to figure out Autoplay too, I want to just autoplay the vid on the top of my video. I'm not going to hide it at all so it'll be easily paused. Just wanna add to the atmosphere of my profile as if it were my own bedroom for others to see.

Report Reply

Reply by πŸͺ

posted

I remember on MYspace i had the Coolest audio players and such i wish we could get that again.
i had a cassett tape. it was awsome

Report Reply

Reply by magdalen rose™οΈ

posted

I did some research and apparently MySpace stopped supporting autoplay in 2009 because it was costing them A TON of money. Understandable I suppose

Report Reply

Reply by David Freitag

posted

I'd really love autoplay as well, half the fun of old school myspace was getting on someone's super gawdy page their music started playing, all was good, it was simpler times. Also with the whole costing money thing that wasn't what was happening all the music was served through other sites I would assume it was a security hole since there wasn't a way to autoplay music back in the day except an iframe or flash.

Report Reply

Reply by ATG All Tyme da G

posted

I used to get hundreds of plays a day on mypsce from my music getting autoplayed and a lot of the fans I gained followed me to other social media like twitter & facebook afterwards. And the crazy part? This was before the streaming era so I never got a dime! Now If that could be repeated on here if not from a native player then from maybe Spotify then that would help a lot of us artists gain additional revenue during the pandemic.

Report Reply

Reply by MeMyself&I

posted

Insert the below coding into the coding for the Youtube video you imbed, to autoplay the video:

?rel=0&autoplay=1"Β 

Below is the Youtube music video in my profile, and the auto play worked after I used the above coding:

Β <iframe width="460" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oxHnRfhDmrk?rel=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Trying to code/add stuff on this site is much harder than MySpace was, but I still like it, and I'm sure it will get better.Β  Good luck!Β Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Bri Valentine

posted

All I could figure out to do was use Soundcloud. The link allows you to set up autoplayΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Slummy

posted

?rel=0&autoplay=1” worked for me!! I had to replace the entire YouTube url though, just replacing the final bit didn’t work for me. Also making sure browser settings are set to allow autoplay :)

Report Reply

Reply by SpidersFromMars

posted

I actually stumbled upon a profile that managed to do it, I asked them how but they haven't responded. I want autoplay on my profile so bad ;-;

Report Reply