wrasslin superthread

Posted by j.m.

posted

Forum: Sports

it's good, i like it. here are some icebreakin' questions

1. who's your favorite?

2. who's the best?
3. what's your favorite part?
4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches?

for me, it goes like this
1. my favorite wrestler ever is Jushin Thunder Liger. first time I saw him, he was unforgettable. the more i learned about wrasslin, the more i liked him.

2. in ring, the best to ever do it is El Hijo Del Santo. on the mic it's probably Eddie Kingston at this point huh?

3. I watch a lot of old stuff and international stuff, so my favorite part is seeing what parts of wrasslin make it across the borders and the decades.

4. my favorite moment is this one with Austin Idol.

Report Topic

40 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Max

posted
updated

1. who's your favorite?

Has to be MJF or CM Punk at this point, I love Maki Itoh as well. 

2. who's the best?
In ring? Im a huge fan of what Swerve Strickland has been doing for awhile. On mic though, I love Christian Cage lol

The storytelling, the raw emotions of it all. I fully believe wrestling is an art form. 

CM Punk vs MJF dog collar match.... one of the best modern feuds imo. 

Report Reply

Reply by RavensForestStudios

posted

1. who's your favorite?

As of now? Eddie Kingston

2. who's the best?
Hard to say, but either Ultramantis Black, Pentagon Jr, Chris Kanyon, god I could go on forever. 

The pure emotion and action of the matches

Misawa VS Kobashi 2003, CZW Cage Of Death 2004, the six man from barely legal 97, Do Fixer VS Blood Generation from Supercard Of Honor 2006, Triple H vs. Cactus Jack Royal Rumble 2000, I could go on lol

Report Reply

Reply by John Highley

posted

Best in the world is back.

Report Reply

Reply by aj⁷

posted
updated

yess i have found my people!! also can i add that these are tough questions so i will just put the main ones i remember off the top of my head. (feel free to add me if you want to talk more about wrestling!!)

1. who’s your favorite?

my favorites would have to be aj lee, cm punk, all three shield members, and a lot more

2. who’s the best?

too many to name but i would say cm punk and jericho 

3. what’s your favorite part?

i like the promos and action packed matches. the tlc, no dqs, street fights, and all that kind of stuff

4. what’s one of your favorite moments or matches

cm punk and mjf’s thanksgiving promo thing, the long match with hangman and danielson on dynamite, ftr and young bucks, everything in the smackdown women’s division in 2015/16, and the match with reigns and riddle on smackdown for the undisputed champion

Report Reply

Reply by Ghetto-T.™

posted

1. who's your favorite? CM Punk/Sting

2. who's the best? Jericho
3. what's your favorite part? Heels
4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches? The Cena/CM Punk fued was epic. The CM Punk Pipe Bomb or when Hogan joined Nash and Hall to form NWO

Report Reply

Reply by d r y f r y z

posted

1. who's your favorite? 

Effy, Jeff Hardy, Riho, Maki Itoh, Parrow, and honestly the list goes on for days lol

2. who's the best?

Out of my favorites.. I have no idea who's the best. Definitely between Effy and Jeff Hardy tho. 
Part of wrestling? Definitely high-flying moves. 
Last Daddy Standing match between Effy and Parrow. 

Report Reply

Reply by Agathon

posted

Yaaaasssss I am here for wrasslin talk!  I'm a lapsed die hard WWF/E fan from the attitude & ruthless aggression eras.  I am now in love with AEW.

1. who's your favorite?  All time wrestler, Triple H (don't judge me!)  I adored him when I was a WWE fan.  All time personality, Mick Foley.  I will forever love him.  Current favourite, probably Eddie Kingston.  He keeps me glued to the tv screen.

2. who's the best?  Best wrestler of all time would have to be Bryan Danielson.  I didn't know much of him until he came to AEW but holy shit he's amazing.  Just leaves me in awe.

3. what's your favorite part?  Discovering new people!  I didn't watch wrestling for 15 or so years, so I love learning about everyone coming in to AEW, discovering all the ties between everyone, and finding new favourites.

4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches?  All time greatest match is the HBK/Hart iron man match.  Second is the HBK/Razor Ramon ladder match.  They are perfection.  My favourite of the current generation would be the Omega/Danielson match at the AEW Grand Slam.  Just spectacular.

Report Reply

Reply by steven

posted

oooo definitely some tough questions here!

1. current favourite is malakai black, fave of all time is easily bret hart

2. well they don't call bret "the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be" for nothing

3. the emotion and story behind matches, although i can always appreciate a match that's just a bit of fun

4. wayyyyyy too many to list lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Musette Von Wakenbake

posted

Top face for me right now would be Jon Moxley, heel wise, MJF is boiling lava hot.

Childhood wise, I was a Big Show fan.

Report Reply

Reply by Michael

posted

I have been an AEW fan since it began, and I’ve even collected the majority of the figures they’ve released too lol. I stopped watching WWE altogether, NXT 2.0 included. I just don’t like it like I used to when I was younger. I can’t wait to see what AEW’s future holds, and can’t wait to see who else walks thru the entrance ramp #LetHimIn #NoMoreWords

Report Reply

Reply by Kenton

posted

MJF/CM Punk roasting each other for the first 20 min of Dynamite was fire!

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

1. who's your favorite?

Stone Cold Steve Austin. Hands down. 

2. who's the best?
There are too many to name. Bret Hart. Shawn Michael's. Bryan Danielson. Hideo. The best spans many generations. 

The crowd. 

Any Stone Cold moment. Particularly, single handedly destroying WCW during the Invasion when he chose WWE. 

Report Reply

Reply by Samsen

posted
updated

1. who's your favorite?

I love Orange Cassidy a lot. I am a fan of comedic wrestling and just his charisma gets me a lot. 

2. who's the best?

Depends. MJF, CM Punk, and Eddie Kingston kills it with promos. As for matches, I think Kenny Omega is up there Jon Moxley and Hangman too. I would put Mick Foley up on the top for greatest wrestler back in the 90s.   

I love matches with energy. Bring out a no dq match and I will be glued to my seat 

Undertaker vs. Foley is one I can think of on top of my head. There are a lot of great matches. It would take forever to go though them all lmao

Report Reply

Reply by JD

posted

1. who's your favorite? - Definitely got to go with Triple H. Chris Jericho is a close 2nd.

2. who's the best? - That's a question that's almost impossible to answer. But I'll go with Hulk Hogan. As much as I don't care for his character or in ring ability. The guy pushed the industry into the mainstream. 
3. what's your favorite part? - Favorite part, that would be losing myself in a good story and feud. You know, one where the wrestlers have great chemistry together and just work the match to perfection. 
4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches? - Moments would have to be a episode of Raw in 1999. It was Undertaker vs. The Rock in a casket match. The corporate ministry locked the Rock in a casket, and at this moment I became a huge fan of Triple H, and the heel character, when he introduced us to the sledgehammer & just started demolishing the casket with The Rock lying helpless inside it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kenton

posted

FULL GEAR was fantastic!

MJF/Darby was match of the night for me but Hangman winning was moment of the night for me. Really good ppv!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝔇𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔉𝔞𝔠𝔢 ©

posted

anyone watching Full Gear on AEW tonight??

Report Reply

Reply by Geist Wolf

posted

1. who's your favorite?
 - Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, and CM Punk

2. who's the best?
 - Chris Jericho and The Undertaker

- When Edge cost Cena the match via Spear at ECW One Night Stand (2006)

-  Denying Virgil entry via Employee Entrance at the Mercedes Benz Superdome when working Wrestlemania 34

Report Reply

Reply by YukikoBestGirl

posted

1.Naito he's just the coolest guy ever tbh and I'm a huge LIJ mark

2. In ring probably Shibata just for the Shibata Okada match lol greatest match ever but Misawa and Kobashi are up there 2 ofc 
3. The storytelling and the crazy action
4. The Shibata Okada match and specifically the headbutts. Whilst the one that busted him open ruined his career it's an insane moment and I'm glad he's back. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kenton

posted

1. At the moment it's Bryan Danielson and CM Punk. Of all-time probably between Macho Man, Bret Hart and HBK.

2. Not sure whose the 'best' since there are so many I think are insanely talented.

3. The excitement, the drama, the action

4. I remember being in the crowd for the NXT Takeover match between Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura, the atmosphere was so wild.

Report Reply

Reply by Deadman Walking

posted

My favorites are: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Kane

Report Reply

Reply by Hernán L.

posted

1. who's your favorite?Zack Gibson. Love the man on the microphone.2. who's the best?

Simply put, Tracy Smothers. Guy could have a match with anyone.

The promos and the backstage moments. What happens in the ring is important but personally I'm mostly a fan of those non-wrestling sides that helps build up the match.

When Dr. Cube and UltraMantis Black met for the first time back in 2008.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖝

posted

Well hello there.

1. who's your favorite?

All time is Shawn Michaels. Currently Rey Fenix and about half the AEW roster to be honest there's so many good people.

2. who's the best?
MDK All fuckin day.

When a storyline you've been following finally pays off.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

1 and 2 Shawn Michaels

3 honestly, the off the wall things that happen between matches
4 April 28, 1996 going to my one and only time seeing a live WWE show 

Report Reply

Reply by Tamagoth3

posted

1. who's your favorite?  Right now it's probably either Zack Sabre Jr, Suge D or RSP

2. who's the best? - Kurt Angle, ez

3. what's your favorite part? - long term stories. It's awesome when two wrestlers can weave a saga that spans years like Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi.

4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches? - Kenny kicking out of the Golden Trigger at 1 in Bucks/Golden Cowboys at Revolution 2020.

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

I love pro wrestling. I am a huge fan of the new wrestling promotion, All Elite Wrestling, which has my favorite wrestler, Jon Moxley, on the roster. 

Report Reply

Reply by Matt

posted

1. who's your favorite?

There are two many to list. But AEW brought me back to watching wrestling every week and buying PPVs again.

2. who's the best?

All-Time? My answer for this probably changes daily but today I'd probably say Bret "The Hitman" Hart or Terry Funk.

When a match or angle is so good that you get worked and suspend all disbelief.

Report Reply

Reply by They Call Me Wade!

posted

1. who's your favorite?

ALEXA BLISS, BOBBY LASHLEY, ADAM COLE, AJ STYLES, MIRO, ERIC YOUNG

2. who's the best?

SEE ABOVE!

I LOVE THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!  REAL LIFE SUPER HEROES & VILLAINS BATTLE EACH WEEK!

HBK/BRET AT WM12 WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART.

Report Reply

Reply by Kris Blaze!

posted

1. Some of my favorites are The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Taz, Stone Cold and AJ Styles 

2. Ric Flair & Terry Funk some of the best of all time. 

3. My favorite parts of wrestling is the entertainment, hardcore stuff, story telling, characters, promos, a good back to back match. Whether its strong style or old school. I like alot of the high flying and lucha spots too but not the whole time im watching.

4. One of my favorite matches is definitely the royal rumble in general. Thats definitely one of the big reasons I like WWE specifically 

Report Reply

Reply by DaMightyBenStein

posted

1. Kenny Omega

2. It's a tie between Ric Flair and The Undertaker. Ric Flair has 16 world titles, while The Undertaker has managed to keep himself relevant all the way from the Golden Era to the WWE of today. If we're talking about tag teams, then it would be The Dudley Boys. Statistically, they're the greatest tag team in wrestling history.

3. The storylines and the athleticism.

4. This one's a no-brainer: the 7-star masterpiece that is Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada from Dominion 2018. It was the first time, in over 20  years as a wrestling fan, that I cried tears of joy after the match because I knew that I watched something special, something that would probably never come around again in my lifetime. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favor and go check it out.

Report Reply

Reply by Jessica

posted

1. who's your favorite? favorite EVER? idk maybe Undertaker. As a kid I loved Victoria, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Lita, Mickie James.. my current faves are Bray Wyatt & Sasha Banks

2. who's the best? Brodie Lee/Luke Harper came to mind
3. what's your favorite part? I don’t even know how to begin to describe this lol.
4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches? I always love Royal Rumble matches regardless of who wins. The Undertaker/Shawn WM matches always have a special place in my heart.

Report Reply

Reply by OG-Emo

posted

1. who's your favorite? Kevin Nash. Watch him in late 98. Over like rover

2. who's the best? Kurt Angle, hands down. 

3. what's your favorite part? Any shade of bischoff

4. what's one of your favorite moments or matches? Oddly nWo coming to help Sting

Report Reply

Reply by Gabe Kayfabian

posted
updated

1. My favorite of all time has to be AJ Styles. Growing up on TNA as a kid he did some awesome stuff in the ring. But another one of my top 2 was always Chris Jericho. He was so funny to watch and to see the many iterations of his character.

2. The best of all time has to be AJ Styles personally. He genuinely can make a brick look like a million bucks in the ring. Him and Daniel Bryan are top notch talents.

3. My favorite part of wrestling are the long term stories. Something that keeps me wanting to watch week after week is what I'm all about. Also the cool flips.

4. My favorite moment has to be the Paul Heyman speech from the first ECW One Night Stand. Just a passionate man having one last hooray surround buy fans and colleagues that cared about the shows he put on. And the pure emotion in that speech was PHENOMENAL.

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

@Luke heck yeah! 

After the end of the Monday Night Wars, my fandom went dormant again until I discovered TNA and ROH; most of my exposure to ECW was restrospectively. The rise of NXT and AEW thrilled me too - but I wanna spend more time watching New Japan.

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

1. Who's your favorite?

My favourite of all time is Sting, I was a huge WCW kid growing up.

Big shout outs though to Billy Kidman and British Bulldog!

2. Who's the best?
The Hitman!

Definitely the surprise pop when
someone unexpected turns up and the crowd go nuts!

4. what's one of your favorite
moments or matches?
I always loved the Hardy Boys vs
Edge/Christian and the Dudley TLC matches.

I started as a fan in the early
90’s with WWF then switched to WCW in the late 90’s because it was on free to
air TV.

Then I lost touch with wrestling for a
decade until I started on TNA and reuniting with old friends to watch the
annual Royal Rumble or Mania.

Only recently got back into it
with the birth of AEW which I’m thoroughly enjoying.

Would love to chat about it with people on here as Twitter and the dirt sheets are far too toxic for me!

Report Reply

Reply by KLCY

posted

1. who's your favorite?
kid me was obsessed with Goldberg for some reason. I stopped watching for like 10 years and got back into wrestling in 2014. My favs now are Su Yung, Effy, Zack Sabre Jr., Allie Kat, 

2. who's the best?
Mick Foley

I like when people throw people around with their legs 

I went to Joey Janela's Spring Break in 2019 and the match with the invisible man was.... so ridiculous and fun 

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

1. Current favorite is Jon Moxley. One of the few pieces of WWE merch I had was his "Ambrose Asylum" zip-hoodie that I treated myself to in grad school. His matches in WWE were great but his matches in AEW have been bonkers! Mustafa Ali is also growing on me.

2. Who's the best? Oof that is a tough call. It's just so subjective, but Roman Reigns is on another level right now. Best performance of his career.

3. Favorite part is a good question. I would say the myriad coverage on 411Mania/wrestling and also Botchamania. 

4. One of my favorite moments is when Eddie Guerrero finally won the WWE Title. Best match is a REALLY broad question. I'm glad I got to see Undertaker live before he retired, though. All the way back at Survivor Series '09. 

Report Reply

Reply by Juan

posted

1) Tough call, The Undertaker I guess.
2) Can I say Undertaker Again?
3) The finish (if it's good, of course).

Report Reply

Reply by Creature

posted

28 year pro wrestler on the indys. From Georgia but wrestle all over. Feel free to add me

Report Reply

Reply by Joe Horseface

posted

1. Terry Funk! No matter how many times he did the "My eye.. Damn it, Mick, my eye, I wince in horror. No better seller in the history of wrestling...

2. Right now? When Eddie Kingston grabs the mic, I'm glued to the TV... 

3. I love when a lower/midcarder finally has his coming out moment, going toe to toe with a big star, and either puts up a hell of fight, or defeats him. My head exploded when Kevin Owens first defeated John Cena...

4. ECW One Night Stand 2006 (the whole card).  I had been itchin' for an ECW fix for 4 and half long years and that show did not disappoint.

I dig all wrestling, though. From the time I discovered it on a Saturday morning in 1980-something, it was the only sport that mattered. They rest all seemed so phony....

Report Reply

Reply by Sam

posted

1. Sting and Taker are the reasons I fell in love with wrestling, but if I had to choose just one favourite, it'd be Sami Zayn. I'm also a huge fan of Adam Page, Bull Nakano, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, and Preston Vance. 

2. Probably Manami Toyota, but I can never answer that question with just one person. Old school Japanese women's wrestling is some of the most engaging and innovative all around, though. 

3. My favourite part? The tension, the emotion, the way a strong character and storyline can pull me in.

4. Right now, my favourite match is Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon at HIAC 2017, but I think Sami and Kevin have had some of the best story arcs from Ring of Honor to WWE. My favourite *recent* moment is 10 getting the pin in the main event of the Brodie Lee tribute. Moved me to tears, I was so happy for him.

Report Reply