« Life Forum

what will life look like post-covid?

Posted by addy allure

posted
updated

Forum: Life

it's been over a year since the pandemic began and we all went in2 lockdown. it's been rough. we lost many loved ones during this whole circus, and we have all been thru mental health struggles during these times. we used the internet as a way of escapism, we all have used zoom 4 school and communication, and we have lost many connections w/ friends, acquaintances, and/or any family.

i miss a lot of things we did pre-covid, and i desperately want 2 do all those things again, as i'm sure many of u feel the same way, but i understand we have 2 stay safe, social distance, mask up, sanitize, and just c what will happen in the future.

i have so many questions. what do u think?

but yea, hopefully u all r staying safe @ home, getting vaccinated, and all that other good such.

i luv u sm!!

Report Topic

32 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by 人間の肉

posted

Only when the city center is free of fent zombies will the pandemic truely be over.

Report Reply

Reply by rheadiazx

posted

If you are looking for reasonably priced travel options, you can get in touch with Ryanair Teléfono to improve your travel experience. They can help you with booking, flight details, special needs, managing your booking, refunds and compensation, travel policies, group travel, feedback, and inquiries. By saving the number in your phonebook, you can easily reach out for assistance whenever you need it.

Report Reply

Reply by Sopi

posted

My life turned into a shit

Report Reply

Reply by fluffle

posted

i think it completely skewed everyone's perception of time... no one feels their actual age. i think we should collectively agree to knock off 2 years of everyone's age haha. i still feel 19 lol

Report Reply

Reply by Emaemaema

posted

I was fourteen when the pandemic started. Now, three months from now I will be eighteen. I feel no adult at all, I had no experience to allow me to feel this transition. I'm just another child being forced into maturity.

Report Reply

Reply by Minty

posted

I think it's a misconception to believe we will ever truly be "post-COVID", in the same way we will never be post-flu. Variants/sublineages of this virus are going to continue circulating indefinitely. 

Society has decided that it is moving on, tanking whatever losses may come.

Report Reply

two or three types.

The cautious type- priotizes health and hygiene
 The unfazed  type- disregards the pandepic ever happned and goes on about life normally
 The conspiracy type- suffering on behalf of their terms. very closed off and way too openminded. 

but anyways i hope masks are normalized in america; some of yall have horrendus manners or mouth hygiene LOL

Report Reply

Reply by ratmorgve

posted

I honestly really enjoyed the pandemic life and am having a hard time adapting. I´m so used to wering a mask constantly and now I feel so exposed without it. I was never one to go to crowded places and such but now it feels extra weird. Plus I miss online school so much, having in-person classes seems useless and a waste of time (with the traveling especially). 

I do feel like I´m in the minority tho, most people just straded to pretend that covid is over and it´s a bit disappointing becouse... it´s not?

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐝

posted

I'm having more trouble adapting to the post-covid world than I did adapting to the pandemic tbh. Can't find solitude outdoors anymore because there's always other people around now. During the pandemic, I could go for a walk on a night and not see a single other person. It was awesome.

Report Reply

Reply by Shoe

posted

Honestly I can't imagine a future without covid and not having to wear masks. Its been so long and wearing a mask in public is the new norm. its so weird not wearing one.

Report Reply

Reply by N A T H A N

posted

i think that it wont ever end but it will fade out and everyone will get it or get use to it after everyone gets the vaccene 

Report Reply

Reply by bigdiggitydawg

posted

I dont think therell be ever a post covid life ... itll honestly be here forever.

Its literally so ass!

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

i hate those idiots that dont think its real or are camping out infront of parliament bc they think the vaccine is sum sorta microchip or whatever. ppl are dying and being hospitalized all around them and they still keep those selfish opinions that dont benefit anyone not even themselves. some ppl who have died or have had close ppl die would have given anything for there to be a cure before then but those other bitches are just whining their asses off saying "nonono the latest facebook thread says that someone is trying to control us or whatever" like whats the logic behind that??????

Report Reply

Reply by Flynn

posted

i dont think there will ever be a post coivd, though i do think itll just exist like the flu only needing to get like a shot every year. Kinda sucks but ig thats how its gonna be

Report Reply

Reply by Kinnie

posted

I know that I'll be in therapy by then because something went wrong during late 2020. That, and probably trying to restart my life.

Tbh I kind of like wearing the face masks and could see myself wearing them after it all ended.

Report Reply

Reply by xX♡ sushi ♡Xx

posted

I just got my first shot today. I feel weird about it. Idk if this shit will ever be over

Report Reply

Reply by xXAlieeXx

posted

I don't even know. My son is 4 now and I don't think he remembers a pre-Covid word. People wearing mask, the tv PSAs, lockdowns, its all normal to him and something about that is really scary to think about. 

Report Reply

Reply by LuLu

posted

honestly this crisis taught us so much about the reliance on globalized production systems that I am really hopeful these networks will move back to Western countries, which would be amazing news for building a more sustainable economy.
Mutual aid, and second-hand economy are also booming now like they've never boomed before, and ofc people are realising that big cities are harmful to the health. The same people who called us "country bumpkins" ten years ago are now selling everything they own to buy houses in our dying small villages.
Masks staying mandatory in public spaces would be amazing news for people with chronic diseases as well : they're very sensitive to seasonal illnesses, even a simple flu could kill them. If everyone wore masks in publics settings, their risk of death or severe illness would be significantly lowered. If this crisis can teach us that the good of the greater public has much more value than individual freedom, then we'll be all good for the future.

Report Reply

Reply by oakleythespaceman

posted

Well, I really hope things get better, even if everything seems to be taking a downward trend. It makes me wish I was something like a tardigrade living on a patch of moss so I didn't have to worry about human bullcrap. Urgh

Report Reply

Reply by 𝓬𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

posted

I’m hopeful we can get back to semi normal. It depends on how we all act and getting over fear. I’m done being afraid of getting it. I don’t want to get it but I’m beyond done letting the fear rule over my life. 

Report Reply

Reply by Samantha

posted

Honestly at this point, I could give a fuck about a virus. If I catch it I catch it. I love halfway across the country from my family (career changes and shit) so it's not like I'm about to spread it to them. I'm damn tired of putting my life on hold for something I may or may not end up getting. I'm vaccinated. I wash my hands. I socially distance when I can. But shit, I just went to my first concert in well over a year last Saturday and I'm happy af I took that risk.

I think it's high time the high risk individuals quarantine while the rest of us make our own decisions on what we feel comfortable doing from here on out. Maybe it sounds harsh, idk, but that's where I stand with it.

Report Reply

Reply by Black Sheep Derrick

posted

Everybody will be so scared of the virus people will be willing to transfer there consciousness into a robot body so they won't get sick anymore.

Report Reply

Reply by GIRL CANVAS

posted

I think life during COVID gave people time to figure out who they are in their interpersonal relationships. I realized hella imperfections in myself and in the world. (Not that I wasn’t already aware of a lot of them already.) 

I think life after COVID, (meaning life after we fight and are able to adjust, if that’s possible),  will give people a more frequent desire to think interpersonally about what matters to them most. We all have issues in our lives, we all are surrounded by issues. All of us should be putting more thought into what we want to do about that anyway. I think COVID gave us a small sliver of what life is like when we can’t run away from it.

Report Reply

Reply by GIRL CANVAS

posted

I love when people post things like this. These are the conversations I want to have!

Anyone who wants to speak more on these topics should add me/read my blog. Leave thoughts/opinions!

Report Reply

Reply by muj

posted

La pandemia fue un respiro después de todo personalmente fue algo bueno, me hizo dar cuenta lo mucho que necesitaba ir a terapia superar mis problemas tambien me hundi en otros pero aun asi fue una pausa de mi vida en la normalidad.

Report Reply

Reply by necromancer

posted

this is just a dry run of what our lives will look like under climate change tbh. we'll miss these days. also I'm so scared of antibiotics resistance lol

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

I feel like I went into 2020 as one person and came out entirely
new. Almost everything in my life has changed since COVID became this
really important thing and I almost consistently feel like something
worse is coming. It's hard to believe anything is looking up but I also
am trying to do better than being defeatist all the time. Seeing so much
traumatizing and horrible news for over a year now paired with seeing
the absolute lack of basic human empathy in so many people has changed
my perception of the US but also just of people.
Countless
people have been lost and I came very close to losing my own father to
COVID and the idea that everybody that surrounds him in his social
circle are all vehemently denying the severity of the virus as well as
almost the entirety of our state feeling the same is... angering lol
My hope is that at least in America (at least some) of us might actually start masking up for cold/flu season like plenty of countries have been doing already once COVID is not an immediate concern. And maybe, just maybe I can do a bunch of fun stuff I didn't get to do for my last big chunk of teenhood :P

Report Reply

Reply by fendi

posted

idk about yall but imma be wearing a mask for the rest of my life now

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

At this point it's kinda hard to imagine, I'm so used to it now that it's kinda weird, I feel like everyone else around me is getting super used to it too.

When life goes back to normal I feel like a lot of things from covid will still be a part of American culture, as in I feel like more people will be inclined to wear masks when they are sick or not go into work, I feel like people will still want to use food delivery, and a lot of things might remain online out of convenience, but who knows, it seems like a lot of people could also do away with those things as well

Report Reply

Reply by raie<3

posted

its sad, honestly. people are dying, and people still don't think it's real. :(

Report Reply

Reply by bunny

posted

This shit is never gonna be over. 

Report Reply

Reply by SuperrnovaKitty ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

posted

guy above me sucks their own toes up their booty.

besides that im hoping things calm down. working in health care ive been in the frontlines and progress is being made as long as people are going with the CDC guidelines.

the problem is the people who think they are above this all.

personally im gonna be wearing a mask whenever years to come because its pretty, hides my face, and keeps you warm in the winter.

At least biden did more then the baby ass cheeto 

Report Reply