« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

#freebritney + 1st ever forum topic post

Posted by addy allure

posted
updated

Forum: Movies, TV, Celebrities

alright, so this is my 1st ever forum topic post, and i thought i would use it 2 talk abt what i think is important.

so, i'm sure many of u r familiar w/ the #freebritney movement. it's a movement that will not only fight 4 britney spears' freedom, but it also brings awareness 2 the meaning of a conservatorship and also fights 4 the freedom of other people that r under a conservatorship, specifically amanda bynes. amanda bynes has also been in a conservatorship since mid-2013.

britney spears has been in a conservatorship since early 2008, and has since been stripped of her basic human rights (i.e. driving cars, getting married, using a phone, having children, leaving the us, drinking alcohol, hiring an attorney of her desire, voting, posting on her social media, and buying a coffee). it's disgusting.

her family and business manager, lou taylor, have full control over her finances and her life in general, and 2 this day, have refused to step down.

it's a long and complicated story, so i would suggest doing research and educating urselves if u have not done so already. there r many twitter threads, youtube vids, instagram posts, news articles, and all that good such discussing the issue, but basically, britney does not have any control over her life, her career, her finances, her mental health, and even the custody of her own children.

the #freebritney movement has been blowing up and gaining the recognition it rightfully deserves for the past 2 yrs now, and many fans have shown full support, as well as many celebrities and people that were close w/ britney @ one point, such as miley cyrus, britney's former assistant felicia culotta, paris hilton, lindsay lohan, missy elliott, will.i.am, sarah jessica parker, bette midler, kathy najimy, and jameela jamil among others.

@ this point, anyone that says that they support the #freebritney movement, yet have not done ish in showing their support, and continues 2 profit off of britney during these times, i will not believe them. i don't have 2 name any names bc i'm sure everyone can think of a bunch of those ppl just off the top of their heads.

we all owe so much 2 britney, and we owe her a big apology. she deserves better! we need 2 fight 4 her freedom, let her b a free woman, and let her live her life the way she wants.

so, when i say #freebritney, I MEAN THAT W/ MY ENTIRE CHEST! britney should not b locked up or treated as a product 2 b marketed. we need 2 help stop this madness! do ur part 2 dismantle this ish!

#FREEBRITNEY

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jelly-✭ (semi-inactive)

posted

I'm not rally a big britney fan, but no human deserves to live like this. Coming from someone who has lived in a really corrupt government system most of my life (only got out this year) it really takes a toll on your mental health so i feel really sorry for her. I'm jumping onto the #freebritney movement for sure

Report Reply

Reply by chickenplusone

posted

#freebritney movement is pretty cool, I want to join too

Tower Defense

Report Reply

Reply by Mary

posted

Britney's finally free!!

Report Reply

Reply by ✭ star laveaux ✭

posted

#FreedBritney

there’s a lot more that needs to be done. 

Report Reply

Reply by eva_bae

posted

yess #freebritney🤍

Report Reply

Reply by fleur

posted

britney's conservatorship just got removed #britneyisfree

Report Reply

Reply by 🌺 Æon Luxe 🌺

posted

seems like the latest big news is a new bill in California that will introduce some new regulations to conservatorships, which could have a positive effect on Britney's case!

more details  here 

also speaking of Amanda Bynes, the youtuber mila tequila has a great two part series on her career and current case:

Report Reply

Reply by z

posted
updated

I had no idea about Amanda Bynes

I really hope that this movement takes hold in the public consciousness rather than just the fringes of the internet. More people need to be aware of what's going on under their noses, peoples' freedom of choice is being taken completely away, grown adults who have no reason to be under someone's control.

There are so many mentally ill adults who don't end up in conservatorships, and they still have their lives and families and choices; the only difference is the amount of money they have. It's absurd and unethical.

Nobody should be put under someone else's control for their entire life for having a breakdown or drug issues in their 20s. Most people on this planet do one or the other or both. :/

Report Reply