« Music Forum

Any recommended Riot Grrrl groups/bands?

Posted by tedi

posted

Forum: Music

I want to try getting into some of the music but not sure where to start, does anyone have groups they like?

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cashlin

posted

i think bikini kill is supposed to be a good starting point because theyre really historically significant. i guess in the modern era pussy riot from russia ( am i right? hard to remember sometimes ) is a band that has gotten into the news for protesting. i also remember BRATMOBILE being really fucking awesome with really great sounding songs when i was going through and learning about 90s music on blogspot. i think the blog i was on the most was ihatethe90s dot blospot and that may be where i learned about bikini kill / bratmobile as a teenager 

Report Reply

Reply by shoopdooppoop

posted

Emilys Sassy Lime! pretty underground, i dont know if their still active but they have decent music. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nebula_In_Space

posted

I’m a huge fan of Bratmobile, be your own PET, Pinkshift, Slutever, Bad Static, and The Linda Linda’s. They are amazing and I highly recommend them!!

Report Reply

Reply by cathhh

posted

really recommend bratmobile, i LOVE their music

Report Reply

Reply by d4v1d_in_ch4ins

posted

Babes in Toyland, L7, Veruca Salt, Hole, Bikini Kill, 7 Year Bitch, Pandora (or Pandora's Bliss), The Breeders, Destroy Boys, The Muffs, Fastbacks and The Gits are some good recommendations of riot grrl, you`re welcome :]

Report Reply

Reply by d4v1d_in_ch4ins

posted

oh! and also The Lunachicks!!

Report Reply

Reply by 2.SLOW...

posted

L7 and a band called voiid are real good

Report Reply

Reply by Alan Drome

posted

Can't believe no one mentioned them before, but Dazey and the Scouts

I guess they are a bit different and separate from the classic bands like Bikini Kill, but STILL

Report Reply

Reply by mY_ch3mic4l_husb4und

posted

JACK OFF JILL!!!

Such a crazy good band...

and also..

Veruca Salt, Sleater Kinney and garbage i love love love

Report Reply

Reply by claire ☆

posted

BABES IN TOYLANDDDDD

the og riot grrrl band 

Report Reply

Reply by sminkus

posted

seconding dazey and the scouts, pinkshift, and bikini kill. a more niche band that i adore is peach club from the UK. also a fan of bratmobile.

Report Reply

Reply by ✩ezra✩

posted

Not a song but Kathleen Hanna, (from bikini kill and ale Tigre) has a documentary about her. It’s, “The Punk Singer” and it’s really good

Report Reply