Topic: Why I don't like streaming services (rant)

Sort Replies:

Reply by Alliboo

posted

I agree whole heartedly. I seriously thought I was the only one who felt like this about streaming services. I don’t watch much Indie content but as far as CN and the censoring of certain shows due to corporate control. I totally hate that crap. Just release it and be done. But it’s about money and control so πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ. Plus the prices to buy some of our favorite throwbacks are ridiculous. Not to mention, they just rebooted The Proud Family. I’ve been waiting YEARS for them to drop the original series on DVD.. They never even did a few episodes on a DVD. Raven, Hannah, Suite life even released a lil something with the DVD with only like 4 episodes on it. Sometimes it just urkes me.

Report Reply

Reply by mh95

posted

I'm somewhat surprised you didn't even touch upon quality.

I think Amazon is the only one even coming close to actually providing decent quality streaming content (to the point where you'd have to start looking for imperfections), everything else is so incredibly bit-starved it seems.

Report Reply

Reply by blackburn3000

posted

Just torrent the movie ecks dee

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless πŸ€˜πŸ‡΅πŸ‡·

posted

There is just too many streaming services to chose from today (it's starting to get too pricey), that's why I just use Tubi and/or search for movies/shows on YouTube or buy the f***ing DVD. . .Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days of renting movies from a local video rentel store.

Report Reply

Reply by Giuseppe

posted

Streaming service is a hit or miss but I prefer OWNING my own collections instead of corporations doing the owning for you. If I like a particular movie on a streaming channel I just go out and buy a physical copy. Enough said.

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I agree. I wanted to watch The Oblongs and Moral Orel on Hulu. Both of them was locked behind Moral Orel was locked behind Adult Swim channel and Oblongs wasn't any streaming service. There wasn't a complete box set for Moral Orel DVD set that was released in North America (only Europe). I don't watch many shows and paying $15 extra on top of the $5 just to watch one show doesn't really hold have a lot of value to me personally. In the end, it's faster and more convenient to pirate TV Shows.

There's a quote by Gabe Newell, the founder of Valve who is responsible for the popular PC video game client Steam "Piracy is almost always a service problem" - Gabe Newell, Valve.

I never pirate video games anymore due to the higher risk factor of video game cracks and there are services like GOG and Steam that is so much more convenient to just buy games legally. I don't see a reason to go jump through hoops to play games when I could just buy them on those platforms with a reasonable refund policy if I end up not liking the game.

Report Reply