« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Easy Understanding of how to change Text in your profile

Posted by firecat

posted

Forum: Web, HTML, Tech

One of the most common things i find in layouts is people unable or have not change text. One of them being " Who I'd like to meet:" or "username's Blurbs", etc. While not many care about it, some do because a theme will need to match with theme wording. Other times you want something that isnt "about me" and just want to write something. Let me show you how it is done.

The easy way is by testing your layout ideas in: https://nein-mc.neocities.org/csstest/index.html

You will have to use <style> because the code "display:none" is needed here.

If you have adblocker like ublock origin, use the "block element" to get the code of that area. In this example i will change "who i'd like to meet" into "follow me"

Do not change anything because ".section:nth-of-type(2) > h4" is telling to target that area and only that area, just like ad blocker. Also like add blocker the code will follow the command to hide the area selected and make any other text be hidden too. This means we can no longer use h4 for this area.

This is the code to hide "Who I'd like to meet:" text:

<style>
.section:nth-of-type(2) > h4 {display: none; }
</style>

This one is for "About me:"

<style>
.section:nth-of-type(1) > h4
</style>

Now to write something is easy, you either type it in and make it normal or add styles like h1, h2, h3, but no h4 because anything but h4 can be seen. I hope this help you, there isnt much information on the internet about such thing, i hope someone finds this and gets the help they need.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by spirit!

posted

is it possible to change the text of the about me tab to something like "my music" and is it also possible to change the color of that text?

Report Reply

Reply by Nitasha55

posted

Changing your profile text is a quick and easy way to personalize your online appearance. You can change your avatar, name, email address, and other information in your profile by clicking on the Edit Profile button at the top of your profile page. You should definitely check it out for better reviews. If you're using a mobile device and want to see this feature, tap the Edit Profile icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.

Report Reply

Reply by Kash_Koda2212

posted
updated

is it possible to change a text to an image? like turn "leave a comment" to a picture people could click on?

Report Reply