« Quiz/Survey Forum

Things That You're Grateful For!

I had a great day today and realized how awesome life is.

What are some things that make you grateful you're alive?! Or what are some things you want to live for to see/do?? (▰˘◡˘▰)

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Palmfridur Hanna Gudsdottir

posted

Wow, you have posed an excellent question.  :)  It deserves at least a few more replies!  :O  

In the meantime, I will share mine.  It had already been posted to my Facebook.  

30 Days of Thanksgiving 🦃 - things that I am thankful for.  Thirty does not even begin to cover it but these are what come to my mind.  They are not in order of preference. 

1.  God / The Lord Jesus Christ. 

2.  Good parents who teach their children right from wrong with the right mix of firmness & love; traditional family values; homemaking / marketable skills. 

3.  Kind, gentle, friendly folk who are upbeat, positive, steer clear of stirring up trouble, discord, dissention, etc.  They walk the walk, lead by example, and spread love. 

4.  Keepers of (Judeo-Christian) history & tradition (museum curators, linguists, translators,  teachers, apologists, et al). 

5.  Those who keep the earth clean & pretty (anti-litterers, sanitation workers, housekeepers, remodelers, gentrifiers, architects, construction workers, departments of transportation, et al). 

6.  Good food & drink (bread 🍞, cheese 🧀, nuts, juice, water, etc.). 

7.  Modern conveniences (air conditioning & heat, fans, indoor plumbing, microwave ovens, elevators, transportation, laundromats, etc.). 

8.  Media / technology (radio, computers, calculators, Facebook & the like, YouTube, etc.). 

9.  Toiletries (flushable wipes / toilet paper, soap & shampoo, sanitary napkins / maxi pads, nail clippers, etc.). 

10.  Groomers (barbers / haircutters, pedicurists, etc.). 

11.  Beds 🛏️/ cots, blankets, etc. 

12.  Funeral homes / end-of-life care. 

13.  Helpers of the poor (homeless shelters, food pantries, soup kitchens, clothes closets, charities, etc.). 

14.  India (Telugu & Malayalam movies; music; traditional family values, technology, etc.). 

15.  Israel (the apple 🍎 of God's eye and a light unto the nations.  The world would have imploded eons ago without this set-apart, chosen people). 

16.  Tools for communication (paper, pens, envelopes, postage stamps, etc.). 

17.  Coupons, value menus, and other money-saving resources. 

18.  A job that one loves / is good at (not applicable to me) and actually helpful.  

19.  Birthday parties 🎉🎂🎈 (cards, cake 🍰, ice cream, gifts, etc.)! 

20.  Medicine / medical profession (pills, doctors, nurses, paramedics, pharmacists, scientists, vaccines, etc.). 

21.  Relaxation (rain, massage, naps, sunshine, parks, sounds of trains,  beverages, etc.). 

22.  Time-trackers (clocks, watches, alarms, calendars). 

23.  Protectors (angels, police, firefighters, self-defense instructors, detectives, etc.). 

24.  Scissors (I use them every day!). 

25.  Music / recording technology. 

26.  Cats 🐈(cuddly vermin-chasers). 

27.  Crocs. 

28.  Greenery (philodendron, cacti, ferns, and other beautiful, lush plants) & fruit trees. 

29.  My apartment & living in a city. 

30.  Friends.  It is good to know that there is at least 1 person who cares.  [Jennifer has been especially wonderful, above and beyond.  I cannot thank her enough.  I am grateful daily for her.  The Coronavirus / COVID-19 crisis has shown me who my true friends are, which are not many, sadly.  Also, my Aunt Judy was a big blessing this year, 2020.] 

[Originally posted in 2019; slightly updated in 2020.] 

Report Reply

Reply by rat

posted

I'm so grateful for my bf like they really have been by my side through a lot. They have seen me at my worst and yet she's still there for me. We're long distance so when I can imma move in with him and I'm looking forward to it sm. Just he is the most amazing partner I could ever ask for.

Report Reply