« Writing and Poetry Forum

Is Poerty Dead?

It appears to have been months since someone last wanted to have a poetry discussion. I feel like poetry is dying. Anyone up to sharing?? ?

I've been working on a short prompt for a while, you all can have some fun with it if you'd like. 

"I used to kiss you in the morning, 
 now i'm mourning your kisses-"

no?..okay just a thought..

Report Topic

29 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by zorbnog

posted

i don't like to think that poetry is dead.

just not as common.

that is a pretty quote.

i'd like to have a poetry discussion sometime if you want. (:

Report Reply

Reply by Swampbaby

posted

Use the Improv thread! Please!

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1. It has to be the right kind, and it must not get caught. 2. The robots need to be smart, not lazy. 3. The robot should be a robot. 4. It has the ability to communicate. 5. If you don't know how it's going to communicate with the robot then it doesn't matter how good it looks at first. 6. If you don't understand it then the robot is just not good enough for the human mind. 7. The human brain doesn't understand it's purpose. 8. The robots have the right to be stupid.

Report Reply

Reply by haunter

posted

i see that this post was many months ago but if youre still looking to share and read poetry id be up for it ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by haunter

posted

i see that this post was many months ago but if youre still looking to share and read poetry id be up for it ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by ???? ?????

posted

poetry will never die. shhh dont speak such evil into existence

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

It depends what kind of poetry. 

Report Reply

Reply by ?????? ??????

posted

I like to write pomes but nothing has came to my mined to write anything as of this year and last year.

Report Reply

Reply by ?????

posted

poetry will never die.

Report Reply

Reply by JedediahG

posted

I don’t think poetry is dead

It’s traditional form just less popular than it used to be

The creative medium and spaces in which we express poetry or poetic themes are in different places now. Instead of the traditional written and rhythmic styles that is often thought of when “poetry” is thought of. 

I like to think of the laws of science, where nothing is created nor destroyed. Merely change into different forms. 

Report Reply

Reply by Juniper

posted

I hope not:(

Report Reply

Reply by leo the gemini

posted

poetry will never die, for it is immortal. the special technique in which the order of the words convey emotion can’t be replaced or duplicated.

Report Reply

Reply by ocean ?

posted

I've noticed books like Milk and honey or pillow thoughts are getting quite a lot of recognision

i wouldn't say it's dead or I at least hope it isn't !! >.< 

(( also love the prompt idea sounds super fun ))

Report Reply

Reply by Mar__

posted

Poetry will never truly die. Wherever there is an aching heart, there will be a pen inking a page. A lot of my poetry was written to help me deal with intense emotions, but after a while I suppose I dried the well. 

I've wanted to get back into poetry for a while, but I often don't have much inner resource to write from. The best poems are written from the heart, no matter if that heart is beating strong or breaking. 

Report Reply

Reply by evrst

posted

I don't think poetry is dead, because I used to despise and avoid poetry even though I'm an aspiring writer, but now I'm getting into it and even starting to write my own poems. So hi, I'm new to poetry and very interested in it (?^?^?) 

Report Reply

Reply by Aesthetic_Fluffz

posted

Poetry will never die <3

Report Reply

Reply by RAGINGCONT

posted

when i was m 15, i found out my gf had cheated on me, so i went to my girl friends house after she, f 16, had lost her dad. It was a few days after the funeral and the mum was apparently was ready signing up to dating apps which was good news to me because she was a MILF, and i really wanted to hit. She was grieving, but apparently desperate to move on, so i was gonna help her do that. So i went upstairs to my gf's room and smashed her, (she had big tits just a btw.) and then, afetr that, i told her i was hungery so i went downstairs, and saw her mum bent over the table cleaning. anyway lontg story short, me and her mum got down, and then during it the mum starting crying and saying that she missed her husband, ew. he was uggo anyway? anyway after, i went into the living room, and jacked off into the dads urn, and then left. 

really helped me get over the grief of her cheating on me. 

Report Reply

Reply by orion

posted

i've read some comments and i found out this forum is quite old, but if you're still looking for some answers to your question, for me poetry will never die because it got its impact even today 'cause it represents people's life and emotions, also a determinated historical time. regardless of this, we can also see poetry almost everyday, for example in music if we think about sogs: are just rhytmed poetries, or into ad spots where sometimes slogans are created based on rhetorical figures.

(sorry for eventual mistakes but english is not my first language)

Report Reply

Reply by Punk1ky

posted

I dont really think its dead, just not that common.

In my opinion poetry is beautiful, u can show ur feelings with it! I started to like it because of my school, it was a topic in our subjects lol

Report Reply

Reply by J.M. Knight

posted

Poetry seems like the most common form of writing imo

Report Reply

Reply by loveslasher

posted

I especially think of poetry as romantic and that kinda died down with modern romance, but there are still people who like the old romantic stuff like me. You just have to find people that have the same interest( ??? )

Report Reply

Reply by sug4rfxngs

posted

I could be vague and say, "What counts as Poetry is subjective."

However, I think I have more to say on this.

Basically....

Poetry seems dead nowadays because the "Writing Scene" so to speak, has been overflooded with very-bland-commericalized-feeling poetry. Cheesy quotes you'd in ancient interests posts that some would say "were SO 2016". Think, r/iamfourteenandthisisdeep type stuff.

I think new life could be breathed into poetry if a few authors, who were not just in it for the money, were able to get published. 

Report Reply

Reply by venus

posted

i dont think it is at all you just need to look in the right places 

Report Reply

Reply by witchey

posted
updated

I think nothing ever truly dies, maybe in some places it is dead.

yet that's the beauty of life, there's always a new place to discover, new people to meet.

cycles and progress you know? for me poetry is a part of who i am, so until i die its alive within me.

Report Reply

Reply by TinyAlec

posted

Está pregunta es muy antigua pero valió la pena leer las respuestas. Creo que el temor de que algo desaparezca o muera es inevitable, pero las respuestas me han tranquilizado y demostrado que los poetas o quienes aman la poesia, siempre mantendran viva su esencia.

Report Reply

Reply by sork

posted

a cada ditado desaforo ou frase dita ja pode se disser que certa formar pode ser parte de uma poesia, acho qe uma coisa tao bonita nao seja capaz de morrer mas certamente ser esquecida

Report Reply

Reply by no? ??ol ?

posted

things are only dead when you stop thinking about them. 

sometimes you just have to look for it a little harder.

what about the 2d realm isn't poetry?

we are always connected.

we are never alone.

we have found ways to speak without speaking.

we have found ways to act without physically moving.

the human race is the closest its ever been while being the most isolated. 

isn't that poetic?

Report Reply

Reply by nora h.

posted

Some years late, but anyway. I do understand that you are talking about poetry as a form of literature, but I find it comforting to think of "ways of expressing love" as poetry. Watch animals do their things for ten seconds and then going on with your day is poetry. Saying "hi" to that one person that you know nothing about, but still is in your commune to work or school or university is poetry. 

The way we see poetry as poems may be less than what it used to. However, while there's love, there's poetry. While there's suffering, there's poetry. While there's life, there's poetry.

Report Reply

Reply by Alan4567

posted

no creo que la poesia esta muriendo, siento mas bien que la estan dejando de lado aunque sigue habiendo escritos hermosos sobre diferentes cosas y temas 

Report Reply