« Life Forum

30somethings fun zone!

Posted by Ms. LC Webs

posted
updated

Forum: Life

It's even harder to get out there and make friends due to the dang pandemic, our joints are starting to creak, and I for one am just entirely sick and tired of adulting. So let's refuse for a minute.

What's the dorkiest or most juvenile thing you do for fun? Or want to get back to doing for fun post-Covid?

I'll go first: I'm 36. My husband and I have started doing "cereal and cartoons day" every Saturday morning. Sometimes it's pancakes instead of cereal, but the cartoons are non-negotiable. And the cereal is not allowed to be healthy.

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by KaylenMariee

posted

I love this!! My boyfriend isnโ€™t too into cartoons but he does love cereal! So Iโ€™m sure heโ€™d endure some Dexters Laboratory with some captain crunch! Plus I do have a 9 & 6 yr old that would LOVE watching cartoons with us!

Report Reply

Reply by Churi

posted

I'm 31 and only do adulting on the most basic levels tbh.

I collect dolls, play with Lego, and have asked my mom to watch me play video games a couple of times, which has been fun. she got super into it when I played Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. :')

Report Reply

Reply by Ms. LC Webs

posted

Awww, I love this.

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted
updated

You and your husband having "cereal and cartoons" day every Saturday morning is literally the most wholesome thing ever and I absolutely love that idea! I'm nearing 40 and my inner kid is definitely still very much alive. I sometimes eat unhealthy cereals too, such as Nesquick chocolate cereal and Froot Loops and although they're mainly meant for kids, they're my guilty pleasure because they taste so dang good lmao!ย 

I do mostly try to opt for healthy whole grain cereals but every now and then I give in to temptation and buy some of the above mentioned sugary cereals. Why do sugary things gotta taste so good dammit! (and they're also typically way cheaper than healthier alternatives)

I've also always been an avid Disney fan ever since I was a kid and when Disney+ came to Norway last September, I made an account in a heartbeat and it feels so awesome to browse on there and watch old favorites such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas etc, as well as discovering gems on there I've never seen before! And the new Star section of non-Disney stuff more tailored for young adults and those older has tons of awesome stuff there as well. But yeah I love Disney and although I'm a grown ass man in my late 30's, I am not ashamed to say I love Disney! :)

Report Reply