« Pets and Animals Forum

Please help my Prince of kitties, Ghost

046-D8-F8-C-3-BA8-49-C3-852-D-CBA879-B7-E3-B7

My beautiful boy Ghost was taken to the emergency vets on Friday. After undergoing emergency blood tests, an emergency procedure, X-rays and a round of steroids and antibiotics, it turned out he had pneumonia and a congenital heart condition that had, until Friday, been asymptomatic. He was discharged and sent home Friday evening.
Unfortunately, Ghost took a turn on Saturday. We rushed him back to the vets, but he passed away in the car park, looking up at me, in my arms. They attempted to resuscitate him for fifteen minutes, but he had left us.

Unfortunately, his insurance only covers cremation if he had been euthanised. Furthermore, we are unsure as to what other treatments that he underwent are not on the policy. He was four years old, we did not think we would even be thinking of these things.

For a long time it was just Ghost, his sister and I. He was more than a cat, more than a pet. He saved my life, he was my only friend when I couldn’t leave my bed because of my illness. 

Please, if you can, help me bring Ghost home by clicking this link: Bring Ghost Home

We are so close to our goal. Any money not needed for his treatments will be donated to the RSPCA (the charity who our vets support) in his name, so he can leave a legacy.

Thank you so much.

Report Topic

0 Replies