« Writing and Poetry Forum

Is Roleplaying dead?

I was super excited to see a kind of reboot of Myspace. Still excited. But I m starting to think roleplaying is dead... I was really hoping to get back into it. But anywho, does anyone still do that? Or is it dead like the early 2000s... And I m just getting older.Β 

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Author Nicola C. Matthews

posted

I soooo miss it! I actually found my tribe through MySpace. All of us had profiles in our main character's name. We used to play Vampires! The Dark Alleyway and Abyss City. We had an old-fashioned email group through Yahoo. Man, those were the days. I loved it so much, I managed to write some 20k+ books all centered around those old RPGs and storylines we all created. Fun times! I'd love to see a reboot of it.

Report Reply

Reply by Zakuro Himara

posted

That is AMAZING! I miss those days sooo much. Sadly I didn't join to many big groups since I was still a noob at the time and developing my own skills. Now I probably wouldn't mind as much. I only had a close circle I Rp with everyday and secretly hoping I can meet some of them again and reconnect :3 But that is sooo cool that you did so many! ARGH I AM JEALOUS. But a good jealous. If that is a thing.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1.) It is dead. The only thing I can do is play with it, but if it dies, I'll be stuck in the middle, like a broken record.

2. If you're not playing with the robot and don't like it, you'll never get it back.

I think that this will happen, but it will take some time for me to figure it out myself and figure out the game.

I think that this will happen in my first year of school. It's a very difficult game and I have no plans of ever going to it again.

If it does happen I'm sure that I'll have a better time playing.

Report Reply

Reply by ijdme

posted

Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days
Wait, what's stopping us from creating our own PR group?

Report Reply

Reply by Sludgeguy

posted
updated

No, many sites have a multitude of roleplayers. And rather talented ones at that. It’s a very welcoming community (well from what I have seen so far.) if you mean on this site- not sure. Just joined though I can look into it.

Report Reply

Reply by xXQu33r_B0ngXx

posted

i miss rp so much and used quotev a lot but really wanna find people to rp with on here!!

Report Reply

I always wanted to get into RP, but I never got the chance to!!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Panda Warrior

posted

Idk if modern rp is the same as og rp but you need to go on discord or smth to find it. Trust me Ive stumbled upon many interesting(?????) chats and groups

Report Reply