posted

Forum: Music

Let's discuss- Milo or Allroy?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cashlin

posted

I'm partial to descendents but I've listened to more of them too. Found the all demos of everything sucks on youtube recently and they were pretty cool. i think something about milos voice is really perfectly hardcore and melodic at the same timeĀ 

Report Reply

Reply by bohreage

posted

Yeah, the Descendents have always been ass-kicking through and through- it's just that perfect mix between aggressive (yet catchy) music with Milo's raunchy voice just boosting things and literally pushing them one step forward. On the other hand, Descendents have become sonically better with age- It's no wonder my fave outputs are Everything Sux, Hypercaffium Spazzinate, Cool to be you and 'Merican just to name a few. Again- this has nothing to do with songwriting.

When you think about all, I can def spot on big flaw- they were never able to find someone nearly as good as Milo. Had vocal lines been less smooth on their records, they would have certainly able to win more approval among punk rock fans- be them returning Descendents fans or just a plain new fanbase. However, albums like Mass Nerder, Allroy's revenge, Allroy Sez and Allroy Saves are top tier material (especially the very first title on top of the list)

Report Reply