« Travel and Places Forum

Does anyone travel to South Korea a lot?

Just curious about how much korean you need to know to get away with sight seeing there. I can read hangul but my vocabulary is low. I know I could translate with my phone but I worry I will be in a situation where I need to understand quickly. 

Other than that how is life there? I visited my uncles 2nd house in mexico for vacation and it was so peaceful. I loved getting up early and seeing the whole town up and around. I really liked that little convenience stores were within a 2 house distance. So you can buy snacks and drinks whenever and it was affordable. I got a large pizza, 2lt pepsi and 2 giant sauce bags for $7. 

I think If I was to visit an area in S.Korea like this I will have a fun trip :)

Report Topic

31 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rob

posted

I know this question was posted 8 months ago, but I just joined SH and noticed it. I have lived in South Korea and would say you could get by in larger cities note being great with the language, but definitely will need to know more of it the more rural places you go.

Google Translate has come a long way over the past 5 years and seems to work well enough to make an idea or message translate. 

Report Reply

Reply by Brook Well

posted

One of the best parts about travelling with friends is the stronger friendship that develops out of the experience. You will share incredible and unique moments and learn new things together throughout your travels. enterprise car rentals

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

People do no longer travel usually for the identical functions. Someone travels to gain knowledge and revel in, someone travels for pride, someone travels for enterprise purposes and many others. T for Traveller

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Someone travels to advantage know-how and enjoy, a person travels for pride, someone travels for commercial enterprise purposes and so forth. andaman ferry booking

Report Reply

Reply by mabel goodrich

posted

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! chat cam

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted
updated

By the end of 2017, South Korea was the second-largest tourism market in the world, and it’s expected to continue growing further. The country has seen a huge increase in its international travelers over the past couple years. Around 65% of South Koreans vacation planner abroad for business, pleasure or both. If you’re looking for a way to get your foot in the door and make some money, then there are plenty of opportunities at this moment in time. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

I visited my uncles 2nd house in mexico for vacation and it was so peaceful. I loved getting up early and seeing the whole town up and around.  I really liked that little convenience stores were within a 2 house distance. So you can buy snacks and drinks whenever and it was affordable. Ferrari world abu dhabi ticket

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Travel is an important part of our life and I think this is the best way to create positivity in life. Travel to new places in the world is also a way to learn about new things in the world. I think it is best for health. tour operator in morocco

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Research the market: Research the real estate market and choose a location that fits your investment goals. Look for areas with strong economic growth, low vacancy rates, and high demand for rental properties. invest in real estate online

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Once you've acquired the property, manage it to ensure it generates income or appreciates in value. This may involve finding tenants, maintaining the property, and handling any issues that arise. real estate crowdfunding

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

When it comes to selling your house for cash in Macomb, Michigan, finding reputable cash house buyers is of utmost importance. Cash house buyers in Macomb Michigan perfectly targets homeowners in this specific area who are interested in selling their houses quickly and conveniently.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Airport transportation Cabo is an essential service for travelers visiting this beautiful destination. Whether you're arriving or departing, having reliable and efficient transportation is crucial to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey. Cabo offers a range of options for airport transportation, with cabs being a popular choice among visitors.

Cabo's airport transportation services are known for their professionalism and punctuality. The cab drivers are experienced and familiar with the area, ensuring that you reach your destination safely and in a timely manner. They can also provide valuable insights and recommendations about local attractions, restaurants, and activities, adding an extra layer of convenience to your trip.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Kenya is home to a rich tapestry of cultures, each with its own traditions, rituals, and colorful celebrations. From the Maasai communities in the Mara to the Swahili culture along the coast, immersing oneself in the local customs offers a wealth of opportunities for capturing cultural diversity. The vibrant Maasai attire, traditional dances, and intricately crafted beadwork are just a few examples of the unique experiences waiting to be documented. Top locations Kenya

Report Reply

Reply by Zola

posted

Having some knowledge of Hangul will definitely be helpful during your sightseeing adventures in South Korea. While it's true that many people in tourist areas and major cities can communicate in English to some extent, knowing basic Korean phrases and vocabulary will enhance your experience and make it easier to navigate various situations. Simple greetings, numbers, directions, and common phrases like "thank you" and "excuse me" will go a long way in connecting with locals and showing your respect for their culture. As for the convenience and affordability you enjoyed in Mexico, you'll be glad to know that South Korea also has a vibrant street food culture, numerous convenience stores, and affordable dining options, ensuring that you can indulge in tasty snacks and drinks throughout your trip. With its unique blend of modernity and tradition, South Korea promises to offer you a memorable and exciting journey filled with delightful surprises.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

As with any car hire service, it's essential to carefully review the rental conditions and insurance options offered by the company. Pay attention to factors such as mileage limits, fuel policy, additional driver fees, and any potential charges for damages. Understanding the terms beforehand will help you avoid any surprises. Car Hire Barcelona Airport

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Hot air ballooning rides offer a unique and unforgettable experience. Drifting through the clouds, you can admire the picturesque landscapes from a whole new perspective. The tranquility and peace up in the air create a sense of serenity that is hard to find elsewhere.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Moreover, the Kenyan image gallery is a testament to the country's abundant wildlife. From graceful giraffes gracefully grazing on acacia trees to majestic lions prowling through the grasslands, these images reveal the raw beauty and untamed allure of Kenya hotels, national parks and reserves. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Wadi rum Trip appears to be a keyword or phrase related to travel and tourism. It likely refers to tours or travel experiences in the country of Jordan. Jordan is a Middle Eastern country known for its rich history, ancient ruins, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

While the novel celebrates the beauty of Romania, it also delves into its challenges and complexities, shedding light on social issues and historical events that have shaped the nation. This blend of the past and present adds depth and nuance to the narrative, making it more than just a picturesque travelogue. book room in Romania

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted
updated

It's essential for travelers to understand that ESTA is not a visa; it's an authorization to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. It comes with certain restrictions, including a maximum stay of 90 days and limitations on specific activities (e.g., no employment). esta usa

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Vietnam's history and culture are rich and fascinating. Tours that focus on exploring ancient temples, historic sites like the Imperial City in Hue, and learning about the country's complex past provide an enriching experience. Vietnam tours

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted
updated

Through their commitment to simplifying customs procedures, offering tax exemptions, and implementing investor-friendly policies, the Authority encourages multinational corporations, small and medium enterprises, and startups to establish a presence in these zones. international free zone authority dubai

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

Looking to furnish your space in Lahore? These furniture stores in Lahore offer a diverse range of styles to cater to your preferences. From contemporary chic to classic elegance, you'll find a plethora of options to transform your space into something truly remarkable.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

The stainless steel construction feels sturdy and durable, and the sleek design is a bonus. It's become an essential part of my daily routine – whether I'm at the gym, in the office, or out on a hike. Highly recommended for anyone in need of a reliable and stylish water bottle! leak proof stainless steel water bottle

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

It's essential to understand your institution's policies on using such services, as academic integrity is of utmost importance. Always strive to improve your research and writing skills, as they are valuable assets in your academic and professional journey. best research paper writing service

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

This tailored experience ensures that travelers in transit can make the most of their limited time, creating lasting memories and a sense of the city's character before continuing their journey. private Siem Reap City Tour

Report Reply

Reply by Marcy Choi 최은지

posted

If you have to use a translator, use Papago, a translator made by Koreans for Korean.

Report Reply

Reply by john

posted

Hersham Taxisprovides reliable and efficient transportation services. I've used their services multiple times, and the drivers are always punctual and courteous.

Report Reply

Reply by john

posted

Affordable, reliable, and stress-free – that's what our cheap taxi to Heathrow promises. Book with us for a cost-effective travel experience without compromising on service.

Report Reply

Reply by deary9

posted

Fethiye activities appeal to all kinds of people and allow you to have fun moments during your holiday in Turkey.

Report Reply

Reply by john

posted

Discover a wide range of bedroom furniture in Pakistan with prices that cater to every budget. From elegant bed frames to stylish wardrobes, our collection is designed to enhance the aesthetics of your bedroom without breaking the bank.

Report Reply