« Games Forum

horror games!

Posted by renny

posted

Forum: Games

anyone play any horror games? i always love hearing people talk about horror games, whether it's one they've played or want to play! they're super fun c:

here's some fun questions:

what's your favorite? 
what's the most recent one you've played? 
what's the best one in your opinion? 
what's one horror game you think everyone should play?
most underrated?
most overrated?

Report Topic

126 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by badwolf

posted

It's a pretty old Horror game which always stuck in my mind but it was called Ecstatica.

Report Reply

Reply by MareepTheSheep

posted

I started playing Omori on steam. It’s more of a psychological horror game without the jumpscares. Very beautiful. Will recommend 10/10

Report Reply

Reply by MareepTheSheep

posted

I started playing Omori on steam. It’s more of a psychological horror game without the jumpscares. Very beautiful. Will recommend 10/10

Report Reply

I cannot decide if my favorite is Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill 2? Both games stuck with me for a long time after I beat them YEARS ago.

I still love revisiting the world and lore of both from time to time.

I also really enjoyed Clocktower 3 but that game is also a mess, haha. "Allyssaaaa"

whew lad. 
I need to dust off my ps2 and play these games again.

Report Reply

Reply by Alexander RODENicanhazcheezBURGr

posted

not a huge fan of horror but have had a lot of fun playing phasmaphobia

add me on steam if you play
Aubmaire

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I think one horror game everyone should play is Alone in the Dark. It's hard to go back today and play it due to how dated it is, but it set a lot of the horror game trends in the 90s with it's fixed camera and tank controls like in Resident Evil.

One of my more modern favorite horror games is Cry of Fear. it super spooky uwu.

Report Reply

Reply by Jose Gonzalez

posted

Manhunt has all the essentials of a Horror game. That's my favorite 

Report Reply

Reply by Guppy

posted

I can’t find that Omori game anywhere

Report Reply

Reply by Max.

posted

I like sallyface, all the characters are good and the art/horror is pretty neat.

Report Reply

Reply by lord frank sinatra

posted

anyone played postal 1?

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I just bought a new horror game called "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" on GOG. So far i'm liking it. It has some good atmosphere.

@lord frank sinatra. I have postal 1 on steam. I played it a bit and i like the more horror atmosphere compared to the subsequent games, but Postal 2 is way more iconic.

Report Reply

Reply by Ðꧧï©åtêÐ ©ø®þ§ê

posted

I thought Call of Cthulhu was from 2005, I played that ages ago.

Report Reply

Reply by Shk.aida

posted
updated

I havent played many horror games bc i dont have a ps4 and my computer doesnt work anymore -_-

But i enjoyed amnesia gameplay :) it has a very creepy athmosphere and i like that

Report Reply

Reply by mr.zorak

posted

I didn't get to play many horror games to be honest, I only played scp-087,  scp containment breach (the original), Hide and splatterhouse 3

Report Reply

Reply by CC ^v^

posted

Fnaf! i personally don’t find it that scary but the jump scares catch you off-guard sometimes! 

Report Reply

Reply by Lithobius Forficatus

posted

yo, finished this small one just yesterday: https://orbpal.itch.io/fbc
the playtime is really short, it took me around an hour. in fact it's just an interactive visual experience for the most part. i think the setting might seem a little unusual for western players but believe me - its elegiac and eerie atmosphere will definitely worth playing it (-:

Report Reply

Reply by Eden

posted

I've been playing Outlast. Pretty creepy.

Report Reply

Reply by KM.Art.Work

posted

Honestly I gotta go with either the Corpse Party series or Angels of Death. Either are perfect, far from it, but I love their styles and they both hold a special place in my heart as the first horror games I actually finished without quitting

Report Reply

Reply by KaYnE

posted

What's your favorite?
OG Silent Hill. The first one.

What's the most recent one you've played?
Dead By Daylight if that counts.
I play Indie Horror games on Itch.io sometimes.
Dead Space 3 (I love all of them). 

What's the best one in your opinion?
Hard to choose, I like the Layers Of Fear games, The Suicide Of Rachael Foster, Outlast 1, 2, and Whistleblower, There's a game called Home Sweet Home which is pretty sick.
Silent Hill Games, Resident Evil Games, and Alone In The Dark Games.
Evil Within 1 & 2.

What's one horror game you think everyone should play?
Dead Space 1, 2 and/or 3. (I know you said one.)

Most underrated?
Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare.

Most overrated?
Slender LOL

Report Reply

Reply by Kyoryu

posted

Favorite:
Haunting Ground or ILLBLEED. Both are great nice-ish entries in horror.

Most Recent:
I played a bunch recently so it was either The Ring: Terror's Realm or Fatal Frame 5.

Best:
Haunting Ground for its atmosphere, ILLBLEED for its experimentation, and Deep Fear for its soundtrack

Everyone should play:
Parasite Eve

Most underrated?
Deep Fear

Most overrated?
Anything in the Resident Evil or Silent Hill series

Report Reply

Reply by zorri

posted

silent hill 2 is one of my fav

other than that I love the resident evil franchise I think its very cool

Report Reply

Silent Hill 2 is probably the game that stuck with me the longest. The imagery and amazing soundtrack makes it a masterpiece in my opinion. I still remember playing it as a teen and feeling this uneasy fear that lingered with me for hours after turning it off. I was actually afraid of revisiting the games because of how uneasy they made me feel. I can appreciate them now but I still have a difficult time replaying them. Ask any silent hill fan and they'll agree that these games leave something behind after you've finished them. 

Report Reply

Reply by Korey

posted

Any outlast game from the series is probably my favorite
most recent would be a roblox one LOL but imma guess that doesnt count so Five nights at chucky cheese was the most recent

Report Reply

Reply by Bruce

posted

I'm about to start playing World of Horror again.

A retro lovecraft inspired game, with japanese vibes. 1 bit graphics.
The developer just came back from the dead and released some new updates.

Thinking about livestreaming it.

Report Reply

Reply by V4mpZtupid

posted

I LOVE SALLY FACE, and Fnaf, literally my childhood <3

Report Reply

Reply by Addison

posted

Most recent horror game ive played is either Until Dawn or Fnaf Sister Location

Report Reply

Reply by Addison

posted

I literally love silent  hill and resident evil so much

Report Reply

Reply by Leah

posted

the only horror like games i've played is the remakes of two and three, resident evil seven, resident evil village and resident evil revelations.

my favourite out of the ones i have played is resident evil two remake, resident evil village and resident evil revelations. especially the remake of two. it was the first resident evil game i had ever played, and revelations is the latest one i have played.

the best resident evil in my opinion is resident evil two remake or resident evil village. Those two are exceptionally fun.

i think everyone should give resident evil villlage a try. it's the latest resident evil. it's also fun. lots of action as well as horror.

Report Reply

Reply by not_lain

posted

• fatal frame series
  • i srsly havent played a horror game in a long time lol
  • fatal frame 3
  • fatal frame series
  • fatal frame
  • silent hill and resident evil

Report Reply

Reply by pesco

posted

- silent hill
- resident evil 2 (remake and og)
- IDK if it really counts as horror but quake is rlly fun
- until dawn
- outlast 1

Report Reply

Reply by Noel

posted
updated

SILENT HILL 2!!! Nobody ever talks about it, at least nobody Ik IRL does lolol, I loved every part of that game I would call it a masterpiece, actually the whole SH series is good honestly :p I also like Amnesia and FNaF but SH2 is on a whole different level!! 

edit; I saw ppl in the comments saying Silent Hill lmaoo, I've found my ppl 

Report Reply

Reply by Pandora

posted

I’m very into point-and-click psych horror!! My fav is definitely Fran Bow. The game itself is depraved and grim, and the music is top-notch. The entire game you’re left wondering if little Fran is a killer or not, and the artstyle is just *chefs kiss* would def recommend if you’re looking for an atypical yet fun horror-puzzle experience.

Report Reply

Reply by GEAR

posted

Whenever i hear "Horror Games" the first thing that comes to mind is either Slenderman or .EXE
:P

I've sure been on the INTERWEBS for quite a long time....

Report Reply

Reply by yossra_01212

posted

Outlast it’s scary without to much jump scares

Also why does no one talk about Fran bow
I know it wasn’t really scary but i still loved it so much 

Report Reply

Reply by kacey <3

posted

my favourite horror game is dead by daylight!!! i could talk about its lore forever tbh

Report Reply

Reply by kacey <3

posted

my favourite horror game is dead by daylight!!! i could talk about its lore forever tbh

Report Reply

Reply by Y222KC

posted

There's so many I like, but the OG favorite is Slender: The Arrival 

Report Reply

Reply by A

posted
updated

only played a little but if you want to play horror puzzle game you should try out Lomando its free.

Report Reply

Reply by Clovers_axe

posted
updated

id say my fave are silent hill 2 and outlast, goat'd games 

Report Reply

Reply by Aquasys

posted

Lmao last I played was DDLC I thought it was neat and everyone was really cute in a weird fucked up way

Report Reply

Reply by CoolBonez

posted

i scream like a little kid whenever i play phasmophobia. But if you like more FPS, scifi like horror games- even though its old, Dead Space is always a nice classic. 

Report Reply

Reply by x_girl69

posted

omori, sally face, yandere simulator and cooking companions are amazing horror games and i really recommand all of them

Report Reply

Reply by Bat

posted

My personal fav is the True Fear: Forsaken Souls series. It kinda started off as a spooky hidden object game but the plot and story building earned it a sequel. The sequel is more a puzzle game but still rlly good. The story is kinda confusing but the secondary plots r cool and the atmosphere and tension building is amazing. You can find it on almost all platforms.

Report Reply

Reply by kris

posted

HORNS OF FEAR ITS SO GOOD :D

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

1. cry of fear

2. cry of fear
3. cry of fear
4. cry of fear
5. cry of fear
6. slender

Report Reply

Reply by Sun

posted

I've played quite a few horror rpgs like ib, mad father and others but so far the best ,graphically has been pocket mirror so I recommend!!

Report Reply

Reply by Zeph

posted

i luv rpg horror games and one rlly good one that my friend recommended to me is called flesh blood and concrete. you can play it for free on itch.o!! 

Report Reply

Reply by el lel

posted

dead space remake! 

Report Reply

Reply by m4gg0t_c0rps3

posted

my answer to every one of these questions: the outlast franchise 

Report Reply

Reply by AnotherStupidSadBoi

posted

I honestly have been looking for more horror games to try on Xbox