« Games Forum

horror games!

anyone play any horror games? i always love hearing people talk about horror games, whether it's one they've played or want to play! they're super fun c:

here's some fun questions:

what's your favorite? 
what's the most recent one you've played? 
what's the best one in your opinion? 
what's one horror game you think everyone should play?
most underrated?
most overrated?

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by badwolf

posted

It's a pretty old Horror game which always stuck in my mind but it was called Ecstatica.

Report Reply

Reply by MareepTheSheep

posted

I started playing Omori on steam. It’s more of a psychological horror game without the jumpscares. Very beautiful. Will recommend 10/10

Report Reply

Reply by MareepTheSheep

posted

I started playing Omori on steam. It’s more of a psychological horror game without the jumpscares. Very beautiful. Will recommend 10/10

Report Reply

I cannot decide if my favorite is Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill 2? Both games stuck with me for a long time after I beat them YEARS ago.

I still love revisiting the world and lore of both from time to time.

I also really enjoyed Clocktower 3 but that game is also a mess, haha. "Allyssaaaa"

whew lad. 
I need to dust off my ps2 and play these games again.

Report Reply

Reply by Alexander RODENicanhazcheezBURGr

posted

not a huge fan of horror but have had a lot of fun playing phasmaphobia

add me on steam if you play
Aubmaire

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I think one horror game everyone should play is Alone in the Dark. It's hard to go back today and play it due to how dated it is, but it set a lot of the horror game trends in the 90s with it's fixed camera and tank controls like in Resident Evil.

One of my more modern favorite horror games is Cry of Fear. it super spooky uwu.

Report Reply

Reply by Jose Gonzalez

posted

Manhunt has all the essentials of a Horror game. That's my favorite 

Report Reply

Reply by Guppy

posted

I can’t find that Omori game anywhere 😭

Report Reply

Reply by Max.

posted

I like sallyface, all the characters are good and the art/horror is pretty neat.

Report Reply

Reply by lord frank sinatra

posted

anyone played postal 1?

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I just bought a new horror game called "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" on GOG. So far i'm liking it. It has some good atmosphere.

@lord frank sinatra. I have postal 1 on steam. I played it a bit and i like the more horror atmosphere compared to the subsequent games, but Postal 2 is way more iconic.

Report Reply

Reply by Dessicated Corpse

posted

I thought Call of Cthulhu was from 2005, I played that ages ago.

Report Reply