« Music Forum

Looking to listen to a new punk rock band? PUP!!!

Posted by ♫ Gage

posted
updated

Forum: Music

Hey you! Yeah... YOU, reading this!

Are you tired of going through your day listening to the same 6 or 7 bands since middle school? 

Do you just hate the way all this "new alternative punk emo pop" music sounds nowadays? 

Perhaps, are you looking for a place for all the negative voices in your head to go instead of driving you up a wall and instead scream about being a failure and how life is just a big fat pile of shit and sadness?

Well, please allow me to prescribe you with PUP! Canada's (And, well, actually, the world's) greatest true punk band of recent times! 

Hold up, wait! If you've come this far, let me convince you...

Stefan Babcock, the singer, is a phenomenal musician who writes songs focused on confronting life's problems dead on and singing about being lost and struggling in a world where relationships don't last forever but the guilt you feel after you lose them do. Life's hard when you're a piece of shit, so fuck it. EMBRACE THE NEGATIVITY.

And if that hasn't hooked you and you're looking for a more "musically sophisticated" reason to listen to them, then let me just inform you that they are fluent experts in odd meter rhythms, playing songs in time signatures like 5/4, 6/8, and (my favorite) 7/8. And a lot of the songs flow SO GOOD between multiple meters as well. They are also experts in dissonance, masterfully expressing ideas clearly and effectively. Which basically just means that they all can hit just the right notes to itch that apathetic and angsty itch in your brain, so long as you can count to 5. And then to 6.. And then 5 again... And then 6(i fucking love it)

If you're a fan of these dudes already, then im glad im not the only one using music to cope with my anxiety lol.

Let me know what you think or what you have to say! <3

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by THE Chris Of All Time

posted

This band slaps highkey!! My favourite song by them is DVP, absolute banger

Report Reply