« SpaceHey Forum

Make sure Spacehey doesn't die early dead

Posted by Magnetron

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

I was reading earlier today the following article: https://www.lifewire.com/why-experts-say-spacehey-wont-replace-facebook-5112487

I found this part very interesting:

"SpaceHey will see a lot of initial sign ups (capturing on the nostalgia) and then become littered with abandoned, half-filled-out profiles."

I'm also a little bit worried that this will be the case... How did the old myspace kept their users active? I'm already seeing many forum topics being 1-2 months old, and not many news ones created, I'm also not seeing that much activity between profiles yet. We need to get some momentum going on, like activity being doubled every month, instead of it stagnating.

Or am I missing out on all the activity on the site?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by l LUSHLYTS l

posted

there is some activity from the friend group I have. I feel like they should add more things that engages people. There used to be chatrooms, games, you could leave picture comments.. and I beleive some people may be frustrated because it's harder to edit this time around.

Report Reply

Reply by VivaFriends!

posted

Yeah, after initially creating my account, I have tried to be active but it is pretty hard... I made a bulletin post that had no interaction. Perhaps it is due in part to the fact that I have only 9 friends but yeah, even the forum and bulletin posts seem to have the biggest and oldest ones at the front, with any new post being pushed to the back. While you can technically filter by date, I kind of wish you could do that within categories. But yeah, I do keep trying to create fulfilling relationships because I’m just so worried that it’ll become a novelty. (sorry if this came of a bit rants haha I’m about to go to bed as I type this) .

Report Reply

Reply by SafeInSanity

posted

I think it may need a better notifications system more like Facebook's where you are notified even if your friend farts!

Currently it's a bit primitive and awkward.

Report Reply