« Books and Stories Forum

Book Recommendations? (realistic fiction/memoirs)

Posted by Ratgirl

posted
updated

Forum: Books and Stories

Hey! I'm looking for some cool memoirs/realistic fiction I could dig into. I just finished "Stone Butch Blues" by Leslie Feinberg and I really enjoyed it. Super open to any suggestions, just hoping to learn n grow my brain a bit as I read :] 

Report Topic

38 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by MarMustDye_

posted

OMFG I LOVED STONE BUTCH BLUES 

In a similar vein of butch memoirs I really recommend Butch is a Noun by S. Bear Bergman

I also love Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner, one of my favorite books of all time tbh. Another great memoir

Report Reply

Reply by MarMustDye_

posted

OMFG I LOVED STONE BUTCH BLUES 

In a similar vein of butch memoirs I really recommend Butch is a Noun by S. Bear Bergman

I also love Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner, one of my favorite books of all time tbh. Another great memoir

Report Reply

Reply by Roy Butler

posted
updated

Stone Butch Blues" by Leslie Feinberg is a powerful exploration of identity and experience. It's great to see you're open to discovering more thought-provoking memoirs and realistic fiction. Happy reading and expanding your horizons.
New Assignment Help offers comprehensive Management Assignment Help services tailored to students pursuing management degrees in the UK. Our experienced team of expert writers specializes in various management topics, ensuring top-notch assistance with administration management case studies, essays, research papers, and more. We prioritize understanding each student's unique requirements to deliver high-quality assignments that meet academic standards. Additionally, our editing and proofreading services help polish assignments, guaranteeing error-free submissions. Trust New Assignment Help to alleviate the stress of management assignment writing and achieve academic success. With our specialized Management Assignment Help UK service, students can excel in their studies with confidence.

Report Reply

Reply by Sofiii꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱

posted

mistborn of Brandon Sanderon

10/10

Report Reply

Reply by Roy Butler

posted

New Assignment Help provides top-notch assignment help services delivered by expert writers in the UK. Their team of skilled professionals is dedicated to assisting students in achieving academic success. With their user-friendly approach and commitment to quality, New Assignment Help is the go-to solution for students seeking reliable support with their assignments. Trustworthy, efficient, and tailored to meet your academic needs, their services ensure that you can excel in your studies without the stress of looming deadlines. Choose New Assignment Help for a seamless and expertly crafted assignment experience in the UK.

Report Reply

Reply by Marry

posted

As a computer science major struggling with my algorithms course, Computer Science Assignment Help connected me with an expert tutor who helped me understand the logic behind graph search methods. He didn't just give me the answers but walked through examples step-by-step until I grasped the key concepts. My final project code ran so much faster thanks to his optimization tips. I aced that class thanks to the personalized assistance from Computer Science Assignment Help!

Report Reply

Reply by smiley._.

posted

i read the color purple recently and it was pretty good

it was an easy read with nice msgs and a good story line would def reccomend u go check it out!

for me it was an 7.5/10 read

Report Reply

Reply by Lily George

posted

The digital revolution has heralded a new era in education, bringing forth cheap assignment help through online platforms. Accessibility, affordability, and expertise converge to redefine the academic support system.

Report Reply

Reply by Isabella

posted
updated

"For students in the UK navigating the intricate path of assignments, finding a reliable 'assignment writing service in the UK' is pivotal. Your commitment to delivering top-notch assignment writing services is truly commendable. 

Report Reply

Reply by JoanneMorales

posted

"To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

"When Breath Becomes Air" by Paul Kalanithi

"Becoming" by Michelle Obama

Report Reply

Reply by

posted

Multiple studies show that more than 80% of students in the UK strive to deliver their assignments before the deadlines. In fact, most are seen seeking  Online Help research paper services

Report Reply

Reply by Jalynn <3

posted

okay im like millones of years late but Free Lunch + Punching bag are SO AMAZING !!! also, The Poet X, + Somebody's Daughter are so good too

Report Reply

Reply by lidia

posted

catcher in the rye is a classic, not too sure about the memoir part, though. 

notes from the underground, because dostoevsky is always pretty interesting

try the outsider/the stranger by albert camus, it's a pretty fun and quick read if you're looking for something easy. 

frisk by dennis cooper is especially interesting :]

Report Reply

Reply by Eva

posted

The opposite of butterfly hunting!! it is literally so good and it will stay with you <3

Report Reply

Check this out! https://a.co/d/aDQGbi0 

Don't ignore just cause I posted a link ;;this is my poetry book which serves as a memoire for my life you might think 29 is too young to have a memoire or even material for one, but I've been on my own since I was 13 and lived a wild, misfortunate life xx

Report Reply

Reply by eliottlawery

posted

Get help with all the Dissertation Writing Services from experienced writers at Native Assignment Help. A simple, easy and effective way to deal with your dissertation. Our expert writers will help deliver a custom dissertation to the standard of your choice. If you are looking for Statistics Dissertation Help from dissertation expert writers? Our experts can assist you with data analysis, interpretation, and writing up your results. We can also help you with selecting an appropriate research design and methodology. Contact us today for a free consultation.

Report Reply

Reply by Last_Futurist

posted

This doesn’t really fit memoir but it’s a pseudo-alternate history by Democratic Candidate Huey Long “My first few days in the White House” which is about Huey Longs plans after becoming president.

Report Reply

Reply by jamesshaun587@gmail.com

posted

We provide premium full grain leather since it adds to the durability and long life of the garment and is only possible with the best materials and craftsmanship. Consequently, you can choose from a variety of superb leather jackets made of calfskin, goatskin, cowhide, sheepskin and lambskin. Our Website The Designer Jackets is an outstanding selection of leather bombers and biker jackets,

Visit Here:Men Biker leather jacket

Report Reply

Reply by Suzzievens

posted

New Assignment Help offers the best online assignment help in UK to the college students who wish to score top grades in their academic career. Our team of subject-oriented and highly qualified writers promises to deliver the Top Quality Marketing assignment help UK and Secure A+ grades.

Report Reply

Reply by faekal_matter

posted

On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong

Report Reply

Reply by willjames

posted

Cheap Assignment writing has always grown to be a major challenge in a student's academic career. It takes much time, effort, and efficiency to know how right you are in your approach. Sometimes students finally decide on beginning with the work but end up being nasty when they cannot succeed. Native Assignment Help has the best expert writers in the UK and provides services 24/7 times. Sometimes they provide discounts and offers to the students.

Report Reply

Reply by willjames

posted

Write MY Database Assignment in UK is one of the most complex tasks out of all. None of the companies can function smoothly without proper computer programming and database. The reason is that database makes it easier to execute timely operations and keep records of the same. Native Assignment Help has the best assignment writer in the UK. So getting the services and reducing your workload.

Report Reply

Reply by henrynew000

posted

This is a fantastic and useful article. I'm delighted with your excellent job. You have provided the pupils with some pretty excellent information. If any college and high school students are learning. These details are beneficial for pupils. You talk about  Book Recommendations. nonetheless, I am looking for the best list of dissertation topics in nursing service right now for my assignment. This webpage is excellent and really helpful for my work. I can accomplish my coursework more quickly by using this website

Report Reply

Reply by willjames

posted

Doing python assignments and every time need of Write My Python Assignment in UK for students. Computer programming can be more difficult at times as people find it hard to learn. Python subject here makes it easy for them by providing clearer language and programs for running successful operations. Native Assignment Help has the best expert writers to do assignments and they assured your A++ grades.

Report Reply

Reply by tinaclerk

posted

I appreciate what you have shared with us. Honestly speaking, I do not have much interest in cars, but I have a friend who is crazy about cars. Therefore, I think I should share it with him, but first I need to find the Beth dutton blue coat on an urgent basis. I promise I will share it with him soon.

Report Reply

Reply by mortgagel212

posted

Flagstar Mortgage Login portal to get benefits of online services. You need to follow the steps, its requirements and you will need a one time password to login it. You can manage your mortgage payments.

Report Reply

Reply by willjames

posted

In this comment section, i will sharing an important information if you are searching the best British dissertation help writing in UK . then your searching is over because Native assignment help brings that service for UK students. Currently it offers discounts on dissertation writing so grab this offers.

Report Reply

Reply by panther

posted

we offer our customers the most affordable prices in town. Panther Jackets is the place you wanna be. We deal with jackets of all types. We intend to provide our customers with the most premium quality jackets.

Report Reply

Reply by daniellisa

posted

Reading more books and newspapers daily is good for growing your reading
and writing skills. You can buy essays online on different topics or a specific
topic according to your requirements. It will help you explore the different
fields with the proper outline and information about the field. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ellis

posted

I love Kevin Wilsons books. Some lean a bit toward fiction but most are realistic fiction. They're like Wes Anderson but unmedicated.

Report Reply

Tuesdays with Morrie was a fantastic read. It was about this college professor who was dying from a terminal illness and how he chose to live out his days, and just his overall mindset throughout the process of dying. The book was written by a former student of the professor, and was considered the last "assignment" he ever completed, as he would add more to the book after his meetings with the professor on Tuesdays. 

Report Reply

Reply by vulpex

posted

Survival the Killing Fields by Haing Ngor. It sounds a bit foreboding, but I picked it up because I had never really heard about the Cambodian genocide. The story chronicles a young Haing, an OBGYN living in the capital city when it gets invaded by communist Khmer Rouge. It's an amazing, sad story about the mans life before, during, and after the war. The author actually received an Academy Award for his acting in the movie based on his life, and was killed about 10 years later in downtown LA during a mugging. The book is so though-provoking, and so interesting, and has a great deal of history behind the entire uprising and made me cry so many times. 

Report Reply

Reply by edibleconcrete

posted

some of my favorite memoirs are:

med head (tw alcoholism, tourettes, drug use, suicide refs)
a list of things that didnt kill me (tw blood, hiv/aids, child trauma, cancer, death, drugs)
three little words (tw abuse, neglect, foster care)

theres a fiction book i like that reads like a memoir called girl in pieces (tw self harm) and if you dont mind a nonfiction lgbtq history book viral goes into the aids crisis and the lives of gay activists during that time :)

Report Reply

Reply by Katie

posted

No longer human 

The setting sun
The lonely city 
The bell jar 
Girl, interrupted 

Report Reply

Reply by TheBigFatCaterpillar

posted

The stars beneath our feet! It's a really good book about this boy who's brother is killed. It's about how he deals with this. Mostly using legos. It feels so casual and real as you read it, it's really good.

Report Reply

Reply by Geebez, The Nocturnal Scribe

posted

I am writing a fantasy novel series and released the first book last year. I worked on it for over a decade, and am almost done the second book. I've pasted the link to Amazon below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888X5MC3/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Report Reply

Reply by Francesca

posted

Hi, I've recently read In the dream house by Carmen Maria Machado and it's a great memoir!

Report Reply

Reply by Tayla Gaffney Blake

posted

I remember reading a trilogy in high school, by the author Kylie Chan

It's called the Dark Heavens trilogy and was about Chinese demons and gods and some dude name Leo (it has been close to 15 years since I read it)

Report Reply