« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

Historical Fashion

I am historical reenactor. I reenact the 18th century French and Indian war (not a war between the french in the natives, it was the french and southern natives fighting the British) 

Anyone else here reenact? If so lets talk history ^-^

Report Topic

20 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by OhKayTea_xD

posted

Nice!
I have just ventured into this but haven't finished anything or participated in a reenactment yet. I'm currently working on a pair of stays and a shift but I'm so slow x__x The group I'm apart of does Rev. War and I'm excited to try it out when I can finally finish sewing XD

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

I'm starting small but I also have stays to make, as well as an apron, pockets, cap and bum roll. Then I plan to make another outfit with historical native garb so I can choose 

Report Reply

Reply by OhKayTea_xD

posted

That's fantastic! I wish you a fun process with your work! Which tribe do you think you'll plan to rep?

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

Well for the specific reenactment group I'm in it's southern cree natives so cree

Report Reply

Reply by soft hearted ◡̈

posted
updated

Oh I'm not a reenactor but I do adore historical fashion! I'm making an 1898 Symington corset from the digitalized Symington Collection patterns, and I've drafted an 18th century stays pattern as well. 

I'm guessing that you reenact the working class for the French and Indian War(?). What sort of outfit do you tend to go for? I normally see people go for a jacket and skirt, but other people go for an English round gown, etc. Just curious lol

Report Reply

Reply by Icey

posted

Love this! I am looking at changing my wardrobe to have more historically inspired pieces. If anyone has an idea or tips, I'd love to get share some inspo! 

Report Reply

Reply by stealthz275

posted

I like to dress as a mob boss from the 1940s

Report Reply

Reply by Garfunkle

posted

I don't reenact but I love learning about historical fashions :-)

Report Reply

Reply by Creek ^_−☆

posted

I don’t reenact, but I have a special interest in historical fashion, and really enjoy learning about clothing and fashion trends from different points in history!

Report Reply

Reply by enfys

posted

not a reenactor, just a lover of historical fashion !!

i recently finished making two pairs of 1810s stays (one is an ill-fitting mockup, but it still works) and i'm currently patterning out a shift !!

Report Reply

Reply by ola

posted

not a reenact or but hoping to get into medieval clothing soon hopefully! i have a burda pattern for a shift, now i just need fabric

Report Reply

Reply by xx_ghostie_xx

posted

not a reenactor, but i LOVE historical fashion! a lot of my designs are inspired by different points in history, especially the medieval and victorian eras

Report Reply

Reply by shawn Wa

posted

Looking for the perfect leather jacket? Look no further! Our collection of beth dutton blue coat for women is unparalleled. From classic designs to trendy styles, we have it all. Explore our website and find your dream jacket today.

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

Sorry for going MIA life has been wild! If any of yall are interested in getting into 1700's reenactment, I can give resources on how to get started!

I want it to be something that lives on, a lot of reenactors are getting older, and passing. It's also full of a lot of conservatives and I think there needs to be more progressive people in history telling, so we can understand the true scope of history, outside the colonizers lense.

Report Reply

Reply by John Albert

posted

A historical reenactor is a dedicated enthusiast who meticulously recreates and embodies characters from bygone eras. They immerse themselves in the clothing, customs, and culture of a specific historical period, offering a window into the past for education and entertainment. These enthusiasts breathe life into history, preserving and sharing its rich tapestry. Click Here

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

please do not advertise in this forum. (if it not about reenacting, such as sharing events or legit places to buy things) 

John's comment above leads to some sort of drop shipping store with presumably shitty cosplay clothing

Report Reply

Reply by mementomorisys

posted

oh yeah i love historical fashion sm, i'm working on a Norman tunic from around the 10th century, all by hand :) i love studying general European fashion from before the industrial revolution and the sewing machine

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

@mementomorisys 

Thats so cool! please share when you finish it!

Report Reply

Reply by ケイ

posted

vintage is the way to go xx

Report Reply

Reply by gdiane1253

posted

quiero un vestido victoriano para mis 15 años, pero no han arreglado mi maquina de coser, aunque es como de los años 40´s

Report Reply