« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

weird dreams thread!!

there's no single thread for sharing weird dreams so i thought i'd start one up. post your odd, unnerving, weirdly foreshadowing, whatever kind of dreams you've had that struck you as being particularly weird :))

Report Topic

34 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by alex

posted

A few years ago I got really into lucid dreaming and somehow managed to have about one or two a month

I became interested in doing the things you're not supposed to do while lucid dreaming (looking at yourself in the mirror, looking at the sky, telling someone you know you're dreaming)

At one point I'd decided that I wanted to tell someone that they were in my dream, I tried a few times but the dream would get weird and I'd get scared and end up not doing it

There was one time when I was dreaming that I was on a pretty crowded street, there were lots of people walking fastly and a girl who was the only one who was still. I decided I was going to tell her that she was in my dream and began approaching her. But when I was close to her I hesitated and didn't do it. Then she looked at me and asked me "is this a dream?", or something like that, in a creepy voice. As she said that those colour lines and static that appear on old tvs when they are not working properly started to appear, with what she'd said writen on the air, below her, and it started getting darker and darker.

I managed to wake up at will but found myself inside of another lucid dream. I "woke up" laying on a bed, in a room that wasn't my own. I then stood up and looked at myself in the mirror to find out I was invisible, I could see clothes in the shape of my body but I didn't have neither a face nor arms.

Then I looked away and back and the mirror and saw my full reflection, and then the dream stopped being lucid and became a normal one

I have many stories like this one, but have stopped experimenting with lucid dreaming because I kept on having scary ones

Sorry if it's not very well written, english is not my first language, I hope I've made myself understood :P

Report Reply

Reply by y.zmine :3

posted

to be honest, im not sure whether or not this classifies as a dream, and i was about 3-4 years old when it happened.

so, i was like sleeping in the same bed as my parents at the time (we’re not privileged) it was comfortable, but i digress. anyway, i remember these orange n green snakes n alligators crawling on my parents whenever i opened my eyes.(im pretty sure i was awake?? so thats why idk if this is a dream it something else) they weren’t scary or realistic, they were mostly little blobs but it still scared the shit out of me. i tried to reach out for my parents, but whenever i tried to move, i literally couldnt. like, my parents were still sleeping and unbothered, but i slowly started to see myself get covered in them aswell. i think i started to cry? the rest of the night was just me trying to move and crying (???) i guess. when i tried to close my eyes, the alligators or crocodiles or wtv n snakes were still there, but it was otherwise pitch black.

i tend to remember i had this dream like once a month or so, so im glad i could share it w some people🧟‍♀️

Report Reply

Reply by Natethanael

posted

Two nights ago, I had a dream that my mom showed my siblings and i a video of a Cupcakke concert and said, "Don't be like this when you're older."

It was hilarious

Report Reply

Reply by Lomito

posted

Well, I have a dream that I don't know if it's weird or not but here it goes.

First of all I don't remember EVERYTHING so I'll just count the fragments.

FIRST FRAGMENT: I was pregnant at the same time with my mom, I was preparing my bag with no idea what to put in it, I was talking to someone but I don't remember seeing anyone there I was just talking and that's it.

SECOND FRAGMENT: I had a cat, similar to the cat that I have but this one was bigger and had a chest like to take it for a walk, I get on a bus on my way to the coast or beach and when the truck starts to go I turn around and in the distance I see myself in another bus looking out the window. I was so confused.

THIRD FRAGMENT: Well, this is the one I remember the least but I think I was renting an apartment, it was very small (I think I had dreamt about that place before) and it was really messy (I don't remember more but the apartment was horrible).

Report Reply

Reply by Z0mb33Gia

posted

Once I had a dream about being in a ritual surrounded by blue fire and dark mist and there was also lots of singing But then I got bashed in the head before waking up 

A lot of my dream are weird. Like lots of my dreams are from my sisters pov

Report Reply

Reply by ️caden

posted

I'm in a theatre, a fancy theatre with chandeliers and gold leaf on the ceiling, watching the non-existent sequel to Rocky Horror (there is an official sequel called Shock Treatment, but this was something completely different)called Eddie's revenge. In the movie, a girl living in a Florida slum randomly gets picked up by a very wealthy man and taken out to dinner at an almost-fancy restaurant. It's reminiscent of the dining room on the yacht in Triangle Of Sadness. the man is charming and the lighting in the restaurant is tacky, like an Italian restaurant that's just okay. 

She gets up to go use the bathroom, and suddenly the girl is me, and I'm creeping through the restaurant trying to find a bathroom. one of the waitstaff notices me and points me down a dingy staircase into what I can only assume was the backrooms where they keep all the meat, judging by the compartments filled with ice chips. Below the ice I can see little bits of fish peeking through the top of the frozen mounds, and some things that look suspiciously different from any type of red meat I've ever seen. the backroom walls are made of metal the color of a manila folder with cold lighting that makes your teeth clash together. there's streaks of blood on the walls and black rubber scuffs on the floor. Because i'm in the movie, I can hear the soundtrack of the movie in the background creating suspense as the audience gawks at me. I however am still looking for the bathroom. 

the music keeps modulating and I'm getting more anxious. Hugging the walls as I went. peeking around the corner, I see what I was afraid of. Meatloaf dragging a frozen corpse behind him. it's bloody and gruesome and I don't say a word. He turns around. we make eye contact. I'm back in my seat, watching the credits roll. as everyone shuffles out of the theatre into the frilly formal tea room attached to the theatre, it's immediately obvious something is going on. In the Lobby/Tearoom the muppets are gathered, and it seems some sort of protest is going on. The Count from sesame street is standing on one of the tables, next to a tower of treats almost as tall as him. he appears to be giving a speech. 

"Too long, we have been under your tyranny. your artistic direction is stifling!!" the crowd cheers. Kermit is brought forward so he is in front of the count. "Kermit the frog, you can no longer lead the muppets..." the count shouts. "you are too gay!!" kermit pleads with his teammates, trying to convince them he wasn't gay, but in the end he's overpowered and he sulks away to his green horse and carriage, and rides away. 

then I woke up. I don't know what it means, or why the muppets were homophobic but it sure was a dream I had

Report Reply

Reply by Yush ☆

posted

I’ve had a lot of dreams where i’m being chased by something or someone and more often than not, it’s a cannibal?????.  someone’s just out for my blood and they always chase me down a street and then i almost get caught but then I conveniently escape each time. Sometimes i lose a limb or two along the way

Report Reply

Reply by ililyopuppy

posted

this dream was from like, idk.. 6 years ago?? remember it like it was yesterday

I was on a plane. a Roblox plane, and I was flying over Roblox islands. the plane crashed and Roblox zombies started chasing me. it got closer and closer to me until I woke up. it traumatized me and I didn't play Roblox for 2 years after.

Report Reply

Reply by namuH

posted

i had a dream one time where i was at my old middle school, and outside, there was ronald mcdonald. he gave me a box of cheezits.

just more proof that my dreams mean nothing.

Report Reply

Reply by not_euthe

posted

i had this dream twice, which makes it way to odd. so in the dream i'm kinda just sitting on a log or the ground in what seems to be a forrest. it's rlly peaceful and i'm chilling and it's all good and i'm talking to mother nature (something i do a lot while i'm hiking/camping/in the wilderness) but these times i got a response, and it was a light shining through the trees. it was blinding, and kind of seemed like the telatubbie (my b if i spelled that wrong) sun. yk, the one with the baby's face on it? anyway it was kinda like that but with ANDREW GARFIELDS face instead. then he like, descended and was all like "i am god, and u are good" and i was rlly happy in the dreams. bc andrew garfield was a chill god and just talked with me abt stuff. it's rlly goofy, esp bc i don't believe in any god. or maybe it'd be weirder if i did believe in a god? idk

Report Reply

Reply by Reb✮⋆˙

posted

I had a strange dream where I was standing on the seashore next to which there was a huge dark castle (Who came up with the idea of building black palaces right on the paradise beach? I'm still trying to understand), I somehow realized that I was a witch and goldfish were literally flying around me. After a moment I find myself in some strange tub, dirty and overgrown with plants, I decide to look down at the water in the bathroom, I look up at the tile on the wall and there is a face on it, and then black matter comes out of it, swallowing the whole space. I have been remembering this dream for several years and so I can't understand why and why the brain showed me just such a dream

Report Reply

Reply by ☆𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖔☆

posted

I've had some weird dreams before, but not as weird as this dream I am going to share to you. The dream started simple, when me and my sister were watching TikTok on my phone for fun, or YouTube shorts, I didn't really pay much attention. Then, this viral video popped up and it was posted by 5-Minute Crafts. It looked like something that would show up on YouTube Kids. There were random objects showing up and a bunch of little kid voices would name that object. Near the end of that video, the guy who was recording the video got a hot dog and started playing with it as if it was a squishy toy, although it looked like he was giving it CPR for no reason. The little kids named it, "Levi!" and then a monkey toy came out and these kids yelled, "Beast Titan!" I was confused and didn't get the hot dog part, so I asked my sister what they meant of the hot dog being Levi Ackerman and she said, "It's his peepee." When I finally realized, I started screaming at the end.

Report Reply

Reply by Cattafang

posted

this one’s more funny-weird than disturbing-weird but about last week i had a dream where Jabroni Mike was my dad and I took him to a Cici’s Pizza that was inside of a grocery store and he was just extremely disappointed with the dessert pizza (and probably with me).

Report Reply

Reply by sal!

posted

Down the street by my grandparents house there's was a abandoned house. Once I had a dream where I was at my grandparents house, playing ball out side and the ball rolled down the road. So I went to go get it, and it somehow bounced up on a curb and into a window of the abandoned house. So I went inside. Then a really creepy looking guy started sprinting down the stairs straight toward me. I screamed, and then woke up. I had to go to my grandparents house the next day. And when I got there my cousins wanted me to play ball with them. The ball started rolling down the road, and I refused to go chase after it because of that dream. 

Report Reply

Reply by lunacy ravenway

posted
updated

I had a dream where i was in a group of prisoners and we were all in boats in this glass castle that was full of water. we were being held hostage by police, but somehow managed to throw the officers off the boats and row away several times.

Report Reply

Reply by BeardedDragon

posted

I made a blog about this, but I was sitting on a sidewalk staring at a bleeding crow slowly dying. For some reason I, or my brain, was slowly zooming in on the crows eye, until it was all black. I woke up really sweaty. Does anyone know what this means, or has had a similar experience?

Report Reply

Reply by Thedemonroxxi

posted

I have three recurring dreams that I believe there's a deeper meaning to. Sit back and relax cause this is gonna be a while.

Dream 1:

This first dream is also the earliest. In the dream, I'm in my parent's room peeking out the door. The room is completely dark but I could see my friend lying on the bed. Although the dream didn't specifically say it, I felt that my friend was dead. 

I dreamt that same dream a few months or even a year after (I don't remember). This time, I saw two men pushing an old lady in a wheelchair from the other side of the hallway. 

That part I don't think has much meaning, but the dead friend part? I could see exactly who that was, and I knew the friend. It wasn't just a random person inserted in my dream. 

Dream 2: 

In this dream, I'm a student at a castle-looking school(I think). I remember that there was a room non of us could go into, but of course my friends and I went in. I don't quite remember who the friends were, but I have never seen them before. 

The room looked like a normal, fancy living room. There was a fireplace to the left and a painting directly above it. The painting was a portrait of someone that looked like Abraham Lincoln, but it wasn't. The painting felt important too.

Underneath the painting was a treasure chest, and I didn't get to open the treasure chest when the dream ended. The weird thing was though, my brother told me that he too had a dream like that. He was in the same castle place, but he wasn't a student. He said that he went into that room as well, and opened the chest to find a sword. 

And that was all I got from those dreams

Dream 3:

This was a very recent dream actually, and let me give some background info before I start. I'd always have chase dreams where I escape from something (I never know what, but I do anyways). In those dreams, I'm usually in a smaller version of the city that I live in, and I can fly. My flying speed is really quick, but somehow the chaser always gets close. 

This dream was one of those, but with a little more plot. My friend and I went to this normal school in the city, not because we were students in it, but because my dream said so. Halfway through the school day, we all felt that something was coming to get us. The fear was real. So we ran around the school, in hopes of hiding from the monster. I hid in the auditorium, where an assembly was happening like nothing was wrong. I asked some kid sitting beside me about the situation, and they said that I should look in the school opposite us. I grabbed my friend and ran out of the school to look for that other school. The dream didn't show what happened in the other school, but when we came out, we got the understanding that we must destroy these water tank towers to stop the monster. 

The first time we tried, we failed and the monster kept chasing us around. A long time passed between the first try and the second try, but I could not remember. On the second try, we got on the tower and somehow broke it. 

We realized the monster was still there, so I grabbed my friend's hand and flew us out of here. The thing was though, that I could never load other cities as real cities. It's like when Minecraft blocks don't load in and it's all blank. So we just stood in the middle of white nothingness and awaited the monster.

I've realized that every time I let myself get caught by the monster, I wake up. I can never escape even if I go so far away. I do remember that if I forced myself to wake up before the monster got me, I could "escape"

Report Reply

Reply by aliyah

posted

I have this recurring dream of my entire family being hunted down. I’m talking assassins on every corner. On 1/21/23, the dream continued and I fell in love with one of the assassins

Report Reply

Reply by Aegan

posted

i had a dream where i woke up at 7:42 am, and put on my clothes that were folded and laying on the floor. once i actually woke up from the dream, it was 7:42 am and my clothes were folded the exact same way they were in my dream.

Report Reply

Reply by Miles

posted

had a dream when i was a kid that spooky spoon from the numberjacks was chasing me along the fence at my little sisters school, i was like 7 i think? nothing else happened in the dream at all i just remember waking up scared and for some reason i still remember the dream after almost 9 years

Report Reply

Reply by Z

posted

i dont rlly remember anything else that happened in the dream but for some context at the time i had a pimple on my chin and i was always staring at myself in the mirror and picking at my skin. so much that it carried over into my dreams lol. so basically the only thing i remember is me staring in the mirror and popping the pimple on my chin, the ish that came out was huge and white and even in the dream i was like "holy shit fuck". then what came out was teeth. human teeth, not just like one tooth or three or five like dentures. the top half of someones dentures came out. i woke up shooookkk.

Report Reply

Reply by Cecil

posted

ive had several!
most recent was one had everything looked totally void and there was a bunch of overlapping voices talking to each other, then the shape of a man wearing a trench coat opens the door to my room and tells me to wake up. Right after that I actually woke up and then a few seconds later my alarm went off.

a while ago i had a pretty normal dream! really weird and blah blah blah, but then I started looking up at the sky and noticed that it was about sunset, but instead of birds in the sky there was sea creatures, I think I mentioned something about it looking like cotton candy and then I said "wow this is so pretty, like a dream" and the two old ladies that were with me the whole dream said "yes, it is" I asked if I could stay longer and they said that they wished I could, but I had school soon.  And then my alarm woke me up.

And lastly, I've always had these dreams where I just go through the whole day and sort of predict the future? Somehow my dreams know when I'll have a test even if my waking mind doesn't know, though that can be chalked up to some sort of subconscious thing.

Report Reply

Reply by haydee

posted

I had a dream where my ex came out as gay.. im not saying being gay is weird bc im gay but its just so random bc hes straight. I just thought it was unexpected 

Report Reply

Reply by elvenlike

posted

I don't usually remember my dreams, but  like these ones stuck for some reason.

- a dream where my parents threw me into a pitch black void and I can only hopelessly see the light getting further and further away
- a dream where i was stuck in a tight stairwell (?) or like, i was inside a lamppost and my dad was trying to pull me out lmao

Report Reply

Reply by wren </3

posted

i get a lot of weird/scary dreams about people I love dying in very graphic or bloody ways. which deffo sucks :/ I've also had rlly bad nightmares recently, recurring, where i walk into an abandoned creepy house and walk around, getting lost, then i find a room covered in blood and a mirror in the center but when i look in the mirror my face is horribly distorted and scary. i h8 that dream so much ://///

Report Reply

Reply by m0n0squ1d🦑

posted

I tend to have a lot of apocalyptic dreams

I dont really remember the dreams, well I remember like one or two things, but I do remember having them 
There has been like one or two zombie ones but it's mostly other things

There was one dream I had where the world was overrun by like.. shadow people or maybe they were demons idk.  They were all black with no features. A few months later I had the *exact* same dream but instead of shadow people it was zombies. 

I do tend to have one dream and then about like 8-10 months later having the same dream but some things would change in it depending on what's going on in my life. Those ones are always weird 

Report Reply

Reply by m0n0squ1d🦑

posted
updated

!!School sh**ting warning!!
I have plenty of weird dreams but there are only about two of them I can remember a decent amount of. 

The one I remember the most starts off with me waking up in a mental hospital. I was really confused and I knew almost right away that something was off. Staff members let me do things im pretty sure most kids weren't allowed to do and they were treating me unusually nice. 

Whenever I tried to ask them why I was there they just looked away and never answered me. I distantly remember talking to other kids and talking about trying to escape and I remember having a notebook but I don't know why that's important.

Then it was lunch time. We were walking through halls and they looked like the halls of my elementary school(I think I had this dream back when I was still going there) and even the lunch room was the same. One important thing I remember is that I was told I had visitors. 

I sat down and two of my old classmates showed up. I asked them why I was there and they said "don't you remember? You saved [classmates name] sibling from a school sh**ter but you ended up dieing." That was not the answer I was expecting. 

Later on some people came we were told that we were moving buildings. Me and some other kids took this as our chance and we ran. Some people chased after us but we kept running. At some point me and another kid got on a train and I realized we were the only ones who made it and then I woke up. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kori

posted

How about a dream that affected you in reality? :0

I used to have sleep paralysis as a kid, one of my reoccurring dreams was a big black wolf with red eyes that would chase me, i was able to open my eyes but it was still there. 

That wasn't as bad, though, as the time it finally almost got me.
I was staying the night at one of moms mom's friends houses,

I dreamt I was in an old junk yard, everything was black and white and i was being chased while this thing was leaping from mound to mound of old cars and parts, i saw a bright yellow school bus and ran to it, right as i was climbing in the emergency door, the wolf reached out to grab me, i felt its claws scrape my back, and then i woke up. 
Fully awake, not dreaming anymore, my mom was sitting on the couch, i was laying in a recliner, i sat up and it felt like my back was burning so i asked mom to look at it and i SHIT YOU NOT, i had 3 parallel scratches on my back that looked like an animal had scraped its claws on me. 
I told my mom about the dream and we got all our stuff and left to my grandmas. 

She also had a dream about that wolf, way before that incident happened. She said that it climbed on top of her chest and she felt like she was suffocating, she said it was screaming in her face in many voices, and then she said she started praying to god to make it go away and all of a sudden, she started chanting in a language she didn't understand but said it sounded like arabic, whatever she said made the wolf run off and then she woke up. My dad had moved from the bed into the living room to sleep, my mom asked him why he did that and he said he heard her speaking tongues and it freaked him out. 

I think it was more than a dream tbh, my dad was an alcoholic and always talked about hearing voices and having demons around him, once she left him and we moved back home to kentucky, the dreams stopped. 

Report Reply

Reply by moss

posted

I've had a lot of weird dreams but the ones that upset me the most have to do with maggots inside mine or a loved one's body (once i dreamt my teeth were rotten and full of maggots; in another dream i was forced to cut off my boyfriend's head and instead of blood his neck was full of maggots; another time i dreamt of biting an apple and it was full of maggots...) idk what the meaning of maggots is but these dreams were a bit upsetting

Report Reply

Reply by Newtype

posted

Oh god lmao where to even tackle with this one

Had a dream once where I was trapped in a never ending Little Ceasers: Every Door I took lead me back to the same Little Ceasers save some different design choices or length. I could eat, drink, whatever was there at the Little Ceasers. However, I was constantly on the run from something. Everytime it drew closer I could hear what sounded like basically someone bashing their head on a piano, I could always outrun it but dear lord when it was near by, you could hear and feel its presence

And what was that, you may ask?

A floating, Mets baseball cap

Report Reply

Reply by vi/violet

posted
updated

(heads up for fellow squeamish homies, maybe don't read this lol - the imagery freaked me out for like 48 hours post-dream until i got it off my chest. i may be easier to freak out than i imagined.)

had a recent dream where one of my sharp teeth (idk the science word for it) fell out - dream context the whole tooth was not Abnormally Large but like... large enough to not plausibly fit in my mouth irl; dream teeth are just larger ig but i digress - and while one side was kinda greyed out w rot, the other side had outlines of multiple smaller teeth inside it. all these 'dead' teeth inside a bigger tooth; they could've had the potential to replace the former one but didn't and stayed inside the teeth-tooth forever lmao

i feel like amateur dream analysts would have a field day w this one

Report Reply

Reply by Knox

posted

Oh boy, where to begin.

I remember when I was a child, maybe 3-4 years old I had this nightmare of me falling through this white void, like endlessly falling into nothing, yet for some reason in this dream I could sense that I was falling into this grand cityscape, I couldn't see these buildings or structures but I could just feel them next to me.

Another dream I had when I was very young was this one where I was at this fork in the road, one path led to this old western town, y'know like some cowboy town but everything was yellow, the sand, the buildings, the sky everything was just yellow. And then I looked to the other path and it lead me to this dark place, along this path were nothing but strange entities that took the form of black tar like blobs moaning and groaning in pain. It was upsetting, but me being me, I didn't like the colour yellow so I walked down the path that lead me through these black blobs. At the end of the dream I just remember stopping, curling up in a fetal position and crying.

More recently, one dream I had involved a lot of shifting scenes, like one second I'm at x and another second I'm at y but I remember at the end of this dream I saw this lightbulb that was on and around it was this cage and trapped inside the cage was this large black spider that pushing it's legs through the cage, reaching out to try and escape.

I have a lot more, but I feel like I'd be writing for hours if I continued 

Report Reply

Reply by Claudette Von Tesse

posted

Heyy and thanks for making this topic and option !!!

So speaking of weird and unsual dreams that are outside the norm... i have a dream last night which was seriously out of this world bizarre. So for reasons that are obvious i will be replacing names as the characters in my dream~

Well i started it as weird as any other,,, I was on a train that wasnt necessarily all the way put together but was still operating. Which was odd, but a lot of my dreams have partials to them; from people, to objects, to animals, etc.

Well i was on this train i assume traveling south and as i was walking around i happened upon a gent that look super familiar so i walked down this long stretch of flooring to reach him.. Well next thing i know i remember looking behind me to where the door to the neighboring cart would be and im zapped into my ex, Mitch's basement... Well mitch was no where to be found but i was walking around having this sense of familiarity but the house was actually different than the same. I was in this dimmly lit room now and im surrounded around music equipment. 

I'm trying to walk slowing in front of me cautiously to see if anyone was there and to my surprise no one was. I tried walking up the basement steps and the next thing i know i see my sister and my ex actually making out and going in on each other in the house and i was actually truly disgusted. 

So i try to run out of the house trying to hold back my vomit and i keep trying to swallow it back and down when i finally reach the door, run out onto the patio and barf my brains up... They walk outto where i am standing and they just looked at me. Almost like they were checking on me, but more so mockingly and then they just walked into the house and i was just so disgusted i gathered my witts and ran  until i came upon this park in the dark and sat on a bench... 

Someone else was walking by i suppose in the late night hours and he sat down next to me as i tried to wrap my head around what i had just seen.... I recall him trying to talk to me and we exchanged a few words before i woke up in a sweat....

None of it makes much sense and tbh those are just the major parts... there were a lot of other small details i noticed from other dreams there but none of it was worthy of writing down without prior backstory... Long story short,, I had one odd ass dream 

Report Reply

Reply by Shaina

posted

well, i often have prophetic dreams but most recently 2 days before these snowstorms and power outages hit in texas, I had a dream of being in a snowstorm, in the south, with the whole town having a power outage and people struggling to stay warm and alive. hurts my heart that anyone has to go through that, and with no help from the gov of course 

Report Reply