« Life Forum

Fellow Autistics

Posted by kiteness

posted

Forum: Life

Hi, I am recently self dignosed autistic (I've been doing research for many years and can't afford an adult dignosis) I wanted to make a space for other autistic ppl on here. 

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Madeleine

posted

Hi!! I've found the autistic community online incredibly helpful. I was suspected autistic at age 4 but formally diagnosed at age 11.

I have many friends who are just finding out about their neurodivergence within the past few years.
I have found the most comfort in the online community, knowing that my struggles are shared and finding handy tips to deal with daily life.
Welcome to the family! 

Report Reply

Reply by Madeleine

posted

Hi!! I've found the autistic community online incredibly helpful. I was suspected autistic at age 4 but formally diagnosed at age 11.

I have many friends who are just finding out about their neurodivergence within the past few years.
I have found the most comfort in the online community, knowing that my struggles are shared and finding handy tips to deal with daily life.
Welcome to the family! 

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

Hi I don’t have Autism,but my son does. He is now 22 years old.

Report Reply

Reply by Syrk

posted

I made a group called "Autistic Community" here on Space Hey

Report Reply

Reply by SEREN

posted

OMG HI HI HI MY COMMUNITY HI <3

Report Reply

Reply by sai

posted
updated

Reply by wisteria

posted

im self diagnosed too! it sucks because it's so hard and expensive to get a professional diagnosis

Report Reply

Reply by nolan<3

posted

hi !! i'm also self diagnosed (kinda?) with autism :) i was suspected to have it according to my therapist, but my parents don't allow me to get a real diagnosis for reasons i honestly couldn't understand. 

Report Reply

Reply by Liana

posted

Reply by Lyla

posted

Hihi!! Formally diagnosed at aged 4 :))

Report Reply

Reply by Leah <3

posted

hey, I'm pretty sure I have autism but my parents won't let me get diagnosed because I get good grades, and growing up I didn't need much attention. Also growing up I didn't have any meltdowns (I did I just did it in my room because they would yell at me and I hate loud noises) and I was a super picky eater and still am because I can't deal with certain textures and feels and I used to cry every time I ate something with a weird texture. I also suffer from terrible anxiety and depression which I've heard tends to happen when people go undiagnosed for too long. Last year I broke down in front of my mum because I just wanted to know what was wrong with me and she still thinks I'm completely fine. idk does this sound like autism I might make a blog post abt this because this is just a tiny part of it or ill make a binder of it.

Report Reply

Reply by Nexus_Retrograde

posted

I was diagnosed by professionals with both ASD and Severe Social anxiety, though I protested the former diagnosis. And now they’re looking at what they’ve said is an "undetermined psychotic disorder" like schizoaffective or something like that, although I don’t believe I have anything like that. It’s maybe a way to get me to take more meds and SSRI’s which I feel will inhibit me negatively.

Report Reply

Reply by Emma

posted

me! (been since '98)

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

I am diagnosed lol

Report Reply