« Life Forum

Losing Someone Close To You

Posted by Christopher Julian

posted

Forum: Life

So I lost my mom at 13 and it was in a very unexpected way and ever since then, I don’t think I’ve been the same. I was a mommas boy since I was the youngest and it’s honestly been insanely tough growing up without have a mother figure in my life. Have any of you lost a parent or someone very close to you that’s changed your life even to this day? How do you get by? What are some of your coping methods. Just thought it’d be nice to meet other people who understand the feeling so I don’t feel so alone.

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

My dad died when I was 8 and my mom died when I was 16. It caused me to grow up very fast :(

Report Reply

Reply by Angel Faith

posted

Almost a year ago I lost my sister, its really hard to deal with everything and I'm extremely depressed 

Sometimes I take comfort knowing shes no longer in pain, I know she wouldn't want me to be sad. Thinking about all the dumb things we did together helps a little bit. I talk to her when I'm having a bad day, just because our loved ones aren't here psychically doesn't mean they aren't here at all

Report Reply

Reply by Sofrítho

posted

I lost someone who was honestly the biggest force in my success at the time. She wasn’t my mother but she was my mother. My birth mother had a hard time raising us and when I met my second mother she did everything right and gave me stability. She cared more for me than she gave into her emotions and it’s what I needed in a mother. How I got by was I tried my best to make her proud. It’s been a few years. Sometimes I still cry. But I live my life and tell myself even though I can’t say I think much of myself, that she would tell me I was doing what I could and I always deserved to be loved and cared for. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lokita_5

posted

so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. I lost my mom last year at the age of 26 it was the toughest and most heartbreaking thing i've ever experienced in my life. Would love to connect!  Grief sucks and it's easier to navigate through in community.

Report Reply

Reply by Kyanna

posted

I've been looking for a thread like this for a little while. I've been having a hard time coping with the loss of my cousin. We grew up together, spent our summers together since we were kids. We were best friends and had lots of common interests and we just loved eachother so much. It's been about 7 months since she has passed and the hole just hasn't healed. It has spiked my anxiety so high to the point where I make myself sick. I don't know how to make it go away or get better, but it's been so crippling. Would love to connect with others who have felt this. My thoughts are with all of you guys who have lost someone important.

Report Reply

Reply by Sonic

posted

Although my account might be a joke account, everything I say to people is meant with genuine heart and take this with it as well.

It's hard to lose somebody close to you and it might feel like you'll never be able to shake the hurt and pain of waking up each day to see they don't come out of their room. It's not fair enough to say to somebody who lost someone to just appreciate the time that they had, because that's just sometimes not enough. I'd recommend taking some time off of work or whatever you may be doing and if that's not possible maybe consider looking into therapy or asking friends for help or just some time to talk. The last thing you need is to be cut off and left alone to let your thoughts take a hold of you.

They won't come back, and that's the harshest truth that there is, but they're not entirely gone either. You as the child/friend/lover whatever it may be, you're the one that carries on their spirit. And I'm not talking about ghost, I mean you take the best parts of those people and enter themselves into you. Whenever you feel alone it's okay to talk to yourself, rather you believe anybody is listening or not, that hope and that effort is what will make you feel better. 

I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry for everybody's loss. I wish you all the best of luck and my heart goes out to you.

Report Reply

Reply by xX♡ sushi ♡Xx

posted

Idk what's worse, the ones lost by death, choice, or both in one 

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

Reading all of your replies has been comforting but heartbreaking. I’m sorry to all of you who know the pain of having to bury your loved one and be without them. I don’t wish that emptiness on anyone. Even after 11 years of my mom being gone I can say I’ve learned to live with it, but not being able to call up my mom when I wanna talk kills me everyday, every birthday, every holiday. I wish you all the best and comfort in those awful times.

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

Reading all of your replies has been comforting but heartbreaking. I’m sorry to all of you who know the pain of having to bury your loved one and be without them. I don’t wish that emptiness on anyone. Even after 11 years of my mom being gone I can say I’ve learned to live with it, but not being able to call up my mom when I wanna talk kills me everyday, every birthday, every holiday. I wish you all the best and comfort in those awful times.

Report Reply

Reply by xXskullstomperXx

posted

I lost both of my parents before I turned 18. It may seem silly but it makes me more upset that my kitty died in the same few months they did. I didn’t have him to give me any cuddles :( 

I’m not sure I’ve really, truly gotten over it. I choose to not think about any of it as much as possible. I can definitely say I’m not how I once was.

Report Reply

Reply by RAGINGCONT

posted

when i was m 15, i found out my gf had cheated on me, so i went to my girl friends house after she, f 16, had lost her dad. It was a few days after the funeral and the mum was apparently was ready signing up to dating apps which was good news to me because she was a MILF, and i really wanted to hit. She was grieving, but apparently desperate to move on, so i was gonna help her do that. So i went upstairs to my gf's room and smashed her, (she had big tits just a btw.) and then, afetr that, i told her i was hungery so i went downstairs, and saw her mum bent over the table cleaning. anyway lontg story short, me and her mum got down, and then during it the mum starting crying and saying that she missed her husband, ew. he was uggo anyway? anyway after, i went into the living room, and jacked off into the dads urn, and then left. 

really helped me get over the grief of her cheating on me. 

Report Reply

Reply by sadking

posted

Grief is never easy, regardless of the person.

I lost my grandpa a few years ago, he was the first person to ever treat me like a man and to respect my age. My family always treated me like a child, even now and I'm currently 23.

He was the one person I respected the most and I cherished every moment I got to spend with him. It's been a few years, and though grief has subsided a little, it's still always there. I find myself often dreaming of being at his house, casually conversing with him, only to wake up.

Grief doesn't go away, but you find ways to build around it.

Report Reply

Reply by Jake M

posted

Dude i know how you feel. I have a friend who is like a sister to me and I haven't seen this friend since 2nd grade. Long story short she sometimes gets upset and I'm just afraid she'd do dark things(you all know what I mean)

Report Reply