« Back to the Entomology Forum

favorite bug

what bug is the coolest and why argue your case

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rev

posted

I think cicadas are pretty cool i like that they leave their exoskeletons everywhere and scream until they get some  

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

So hard to choose. I like butterflies and moths because I like to see them flapping around and a lot of them are just real pretty. I like bees because they are so cute and pollinate stuff and make honey and dance. I like cicadas because they are big and pretty and leave their exoskeletons for me when they shed them. Sometimes I don't like how loud they are but sometimes its just the song of the season and it's nice. beetles <3 bugs are great

Report Reply

Reply by xxjettxx<3

posted

the best and my favorite bug is the wheel bug. they're in the hemiptera "true bugs" order (the heteroptera suborder) relating them to the stink bug (they start to stink when under stress!!) and they are part of the reduviidae family, also called the "assassin bugs" because they use their needle-like nose thing to impale and liquefy the insides of their prey. there are 3 species i know of in the arilus genus (which is the genus of the wheel bug) my personal favorite is the arilus cristatus aka the north american wheel bug. they also have wings and a cogwheel on their backs!! their bite is described as being worse than a hornet sting. 

Report Reply

Reply by Beetle <3

posted

I love beetles!! My favourite would probably be the bombardier beetle because it's such a cool example of evolution and it's just cool!

Report Reply

Reply by FuneralEyes

posted

Hmm, probably chrysocale principals... Idk the English name but it's such a cool looking moth, Gorgeous colours and patterns 

( the pic is from butterfliesandmoths.org )

Report Reply