« Back to the LGBTQ+ Scene Forum

Dating thoughts?

Any LGBTQ+ individual is welcome to respond. Your opinion is valid, but my gay men out there, what're your thoughts on being gay and dating? Do you find it easy? Hard? Any wild stories?

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by NosyCat

posted
updated

Dating? What's that? If it wasn't for the internet I'd have no love life.

Edit: that said, I didn't have one anyway before coming out, so.

Report Reply

Reply by Linda

posted
updated

I was in 7th grade, a few days after my birthday I got a message from a girl wishing me a "late happy birthday" and started flirting with me. She was a friend of a friend. I liked her back and we hit it off, but as soon as we met we didn't have anything to talk about. That continued for every other meetup. I didn't wanna rush into a relationship without knowing if we can even communicate normally. She didn't understand and was pushing me into a relationship (like asking every single day), that bugged me off, so I ended communication. I think her friends hate me now. 

Finding someone who actually likes you is hard.

Report Reply

Reply by Crow

posted

i’m nonbinary transmasc but being afab in the dating scene everyone viewed me as my birth gender and it was absolutely terrible. then i met my now bf and he loves me for who i am and i feel seen and heard by him. really just gotta find the right person

Report Reply

Reply by Kori

posted

the last relationship i was in was 2 years ago. I haven't been able to go on a date since then and i can't stop thinking about that dude. I've tried dates since then, maybe had 2 but they didn't lead to anything at all. I kinda just gave up on trying and am focused on money and my career, no time for heartbreaks or bullshit. 

doesn't stop me from feeling lonely af tho. 

Report Reply

Reply by ThatLionLoser

posted
updated

I actively try to not think about dating. I have to not think about it, for my own sake.
Thankfully, there's no pressure for me to think about it, so I almost never do.

I'm a sex-repulsed asexual, and it's impossible to find any positivity about people like me dating. It's always "we had to open our relationship to make it work" or something.

Asexual-centered spaces are no good for this either. In fact, they're the worst environments you could ever ask for. They're all 25% people talking about sex, 25% echo chambers of hopelessness and self-loathing, 25% "some asexuals have sex," and 25% "please help me break up with my asexual partner I'm so miserable."

Sorry for the negativity. u_u I've never seen anyone else talk about this, though. Maybe it'll help someone feel less alone. *shrug*

Report Reply

Reply by BudderPecan

posted
updated

I guess I have never tried it.

I don't really think I'm mature enough to be dating anyone anyways right now, despite the fact that I am 22. I dunno, I'm a little childish and clingy to the past so it's would probably be a drag to date me right now.

I think I should grow up mentally a little before I go for it. Actually have a home of my own or something first.

Report Reply

Reply by DONNIE ☆

posted

I wanna date an emo boy so ba d

Report Reply

Reply by This Is A Name :3

posted

i dated a non-bianary person, but that's it :| (they were really nice tho, we just lost contact) my pan ass just never talks to anybody.

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

If you're having trouble finding someone to start a relationship with or at least go on a date with, why not try different dating sites? I've heard good reviews on russian brides dating website, and there are many other websites, including for lgbtk+ people. I'm sure you'll be able to meet someone now without too much trouble.

Report Reply