« General Forum

#CancelCulture

Posted by Anna Mae

posted

Forum: General

A place to discuss the harm of cancel culture & the insanity that fuels it. 

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Anna Mae

posted

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/11/gina-carano-fired-from-the-mandalorian-after-abhorrent-social-media-posts

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors … even by children … Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views."

“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Does someone want to explain to me how she was "denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities" ???

Apparently saying we shouldn't be like Nazi's is now a social crime. One that calls for "cancelling" her. 

The rabid left has been "cancelling" people left and right, right down to brands, shaming and intimidating artists into changing their band names, ect...

But #CancelCulture doesn't exist? OK. 

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted
updated

So a private company, which has every right to do what they did since they are a private company, refuses to let someone star in their film due to what she said on social media.

A private company can hire anyone they choose to hire anyone without regulation in the US. This is capitalism at play.

Technically, nobody cancelled her. She still has her social media
accounts and basically still spreading conspiracy theories and
retweeting Ben Shapiro. She even is starting a movie project with Ben Shapiro. In what way, how was she cancelled? She still has a platform to spout her beliefs.

What do you propose to solve this? Do you think the government should force lucasfilms to make her star in this role?

Report Reply

Reply by Anna Mae

posted

From now on I'm gonna do my level best to ignore commies & rabid leftists. Conversations with them never go anywhere but in circles and end in someone (anyone who isn't going with the popular narrative) being labeled some form of a racist or some shit. I don't feel like giving nutjobs a sense of validity. Damn pigeons with diarrhea.   Since the block feature doesn't work great on here yet I figure the next best thing is starving them of the attention they so desperately crave. 

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

literally didnt check this forum, but I asked some genuine questions and your response is just "DURR RABID LEFTISTS" you're intellectually retarded lmao. Keep politics out of the General forum next time.

Report Reply

Reply by Hatch

posted

"Cancel Culture" used to just be called Consequences

Report Reply

Reply by Hatefulnateful

posted

Lmao this backfired quickly

Report Reply