updated

Forum: Pets and Animals

A place to talk about pet rats! (NOT FEEDERS, PETS!) πŸ€

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Anna Mae

posted

Once I figure out how to put photos on here I plan to share pics of all my babies. And yes I said ALL meaning I have a LOT of ratties.Β 

It all started with my teenage "foster" daughter bringing home a small rat a little over a year ago and begging to keep it. Her mother's snake wouldn't eat it (long story on the mother thing).Β 

6 months ago, nearly 7 now, she died, and I was left with a rat to care for. I didn't know shit about them so when I came out of my grief enough I started researching. The poor little guy was depressed and I figured out why, she had been his only companion and rats need friends. So I rescued some rats that were meant to be feeders right.

Turns out the 2 females were preggers. Oops lol. So I did even more research. They had their babes 4 days apart and we had a LOT of baby rats to keep an eye on!

And of course I feel head over heels in love with each and every one of them.Β 

So... We have a lot of rats lol. I am trying to downsize due to cage care being a bit overwhelming, I have 4 young kiddos and a lot on my plate, so 2 of the boys have a new home. But the rest are still here and we absolutely love them to death. Who knew I was a rat person? lol.Β 

We have :Β 
Kenny (late daughter's rat)
Mara (mom)
Enid (mom)Β 

Grayce
Sundae
Dotty
Mittens
Sandy
Ellie
Millie
Jane

Eric
Stanley
Bandit
GreywormΒ 
and
Cream Puff

So I guess at this point that's 16 ratties. Yikes lol. We are still learning, every day, but I can tell you this, I don't think we'll ever go back to not having a good sized bunch of ratties in our home.Β 

We've socialized the babes since the day they were born so they're super friendly and cuddly. They each know their names and love when mama sings to them. I really don't know how the hell I ever thought having pet rats was weird. They're just AMAZING pets.Β 

If anyone could help me figure out how to dull those razor sharp nails though that would be great because I'm covered in scratches lol. I got Kaytee lava ledges but they barely seem to be helping. Any advice on that would be appreciated! For now though I'll gladly deal with a few scratches to enjoy the company of these wonderful little critters.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Sara Ali

posted

This bear looks so cute, I wish I had that. I would love to buy it but I'm stuck with my dissertation.Β Gulf Writer gives you the full satisfaction related to your work and challenges. You just have to contact them and share your academic burden then you can relax. Now, it will be their responsibility to solve all of your challenges by using their highly equipped tools. They have the best phd proposal writers from all over UAE.

Report Reply

Reply by Adilah Bisar

posted

A great post, the teddy bear was my love from childhood and still, I've 2 teddy bears from years and I still talk with them sometimes while working remotely at home on CV writing services, I always makes him sit next to me. I know this sounds awkward but It's better for me. Thanks for sharing such adorable post.

Report Reply

Reply by 333H3llBl4ckC4t666

posted

Rats, rats, we are the rats, celebrating another birthday bash! MI CHELΒ  it's your birthday today! Cake and ice cream is on it's way, and MI CHEL you've been a good boy this year! Open up your presents while we all cheer!

Report Reply

Reply by fyolai’s love child

posted

I LOVE RATS SO MUCH AGH (not sewer rats yuckers) AGHHHHHHHHHHH

Report Reply

Reply by Sam

posted

I love rats so much! I wish there wasn't so much stigma around them.

Did anyone see this article that just came out recently? Apparently rats have the power of imagination!

I've had eight rats total, but sadly, I'm down to my last two :( <3

Report Reply