« Life Forum

PTSD awareness & support

Posted by Jesijane

posted

Forum: Life

Hello all you cool dogs and puppies, do you suffer from PTSD or know someone who does? Or maybe you just want to give your support to people struggling with their PTSD and recovery...Who ever you are thank you for reading this. 

I would love to find some new friends that are in a similar situation as I am. I am starting my journey to recovery from a lifetime of feeling like I am different from everyone on the planet. Now that I know I'm not the only one that feels this way I am searching for people who are also on this journey and could use support and someone else that understands what it's like or have found a way to get thru it all and are willing to share their story with me. I don't have much support and I tend to struggle with many things caused by my c-ptsd. I feel that having people to talk to that understand would be extremely helpful to me and I hope I could also help others too.

Everyone has been affected by ptsd in some way, you might not have it but it is highly likely that you know someone who is suffering from it. I didn't know until this year that it's been kicking my ass my whole life because there are so many ailments and issues that can be caused by experiencing trauma. In my case I never got a chance to be any other way because I was mentally, physically, sexually abused, and consistently abandoned by the people that were supposed to protect me.....

If you or someone you know is living with this I highly recommend the book The Body Keeps the Score. 

I know that I was all over the place, I always am, but if you stuck around and want to talk or show support please do so. It would mean a great deal to me. 
Thank you

Report Topic

0 Replies