« Food and Restaurants Forum

food for Chinese New Year

Hey everyone! I am curious if anyone is making special food for Chinese New Year? Please share with me if you are, or suggested dishes to try and make!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Meredith

posted

I am not...but I did take up cooking Chinese food in quarantine! My grandmother left me a bunch of her cookbooks one of which was for Chinese cooking (apparently it was very hip for Jewish ladies to take up Chinese cooking in Los Angeles during the 1960s and 1970s). My Char Siu Bao is getting pretty good (flavor wise...my dumpling folding technique... needs a lot of work). Char Siu Pork is pretty easy if you have access to the ingredients, a fridge, and an oven, and lots of time! 

Report Reply

Reply by watot76795

posted

If you are a regular customer of Hardee’s or Carl Jr., then there is a happy news for you. TellHappyStar

Report Reply

Reply by Elkins6

posted

Chinese New Year festivities are incomplete without the vibrant array of traditional dishes that symbolize good luck and prosperity. We offer you to get indian grocery nyc and learn things related to Indian food websites. From dumplings representing wealth to fish symbolizing abundance, each dish carries auspicious meanings. The reunion dinner, featuring specialties like longevity noodles and sticky rice cakes, fosters a sense of togetherness. These meticulously crafted culinary traditions not only tantalize the taste buds but also serve as a cultural celebration, enriching the festive spirit.

Report Reply

Reply by New China Eat

posted
updated

For Chinese New Year, serve symbolic dishes like dumplings, spring rolls, fish, longevity noodles, and sweet rice balls. Include red-colored foods, oranges, and tangerines for luck and prosperity. China Express is very famous in the United States due to its delicious menu. China Express menu includes all types of food especially Chinese food. 

Report Reply