« Religion and Philosophy Forum

You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes FAN spirituality conversation

This is a spirituality discussion forum for any fans of the YMIW podcast with Pete Holmes or anyone into the teachings of folks such as Ram Dass, Richard Rohr, and Joseph Campbell. This forum topic is inspired by the famous question from the podcast: "What is the meaning of life?"

I'm, not as interested in answering that question as I am interested in hearing what works for others.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by smyleitskyle

posted

The metaphor I gleaned from when Richard Rohr was on the podcast which I can't not bring up when the topic of religion comes up is the one where Rohr (I think) compares God to water, and religions to different wells. Every religion is a different well but the the water, or religious experience, or God, remains the same.

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1) If the purpose for a discussion is to discuss something other than spiritual teachings, then the topic is about the spiritual world, not just the physical world. The topic itself should be about what is spiritual and why.

2) It is important to understand that the spiritual teachings that you have read are not necessarily the teachings that the individual or a group is seeking. The spiritual teachings are not just a matter for those who have studied and practice, they are also a matter of practice, not just a matter for the individual who seeks them, and who seeks to be part of their practice and their spiritual practice as they are. If you are a member of a religious community or community group, then you are a member, not an individual.

The spiritual teachings are not just the physical world that the individuals seek and are not just the teachings that a person is trying and trying to learn.

The teachings can and do have an effect. The individual is a member of a religious or spiritual community, and is trying, and is trying, and will be able to find and use these teachings in their daily life, even when that individual is not a member of a group or a spiritual or spiritual community. The individual can also use these teachings to gain the knowledge, understanding and understanding that they desire and desire to gain. If they are not a member of a religious or spiritual group, they are a person, but not the spiritual or spiritual practice.

The individual can use this spiritual knowledge to learn about their own life. If he/she is not able to learn about their life, he/she will not find and practice those teachings in the way they wish to learn them.

3) If the spiritual teaching that a person is seeking and seeking to gain does not exist in their lives or their practice, it is because of their lack of understanding or understanding about what they seek or need, not the teachings that they have been trying and wanting and trying, to gain knowledge and practice, not

Report Reply