« Travel and Places Forum

the great blizzard beach mystery

Posted by arby

posted
updated

Forum: Travel and Places

let's start from the beginning.

as a child, i loved theme parks. i still do, but as a homeschooled kid who did nothing but watch TV 24/7
i became attached to certain disney VHS tapes.
my favorite was one called Mickey's Fun Songs: Beach Party at Walt Disney World.
there was a specific scene shot at Blizzard Beach that i would watch and rewind over and over due to this one particular ride. the theming was great but it looked incredibly fun - i had never seen a waterpark attraction like it.

visited walt disney world on a family vacation in october 2006. we went to the park and asked for the directions but
no one knew what we were talking about. walked around all day and it was never found.

https://youtu.be/4cwjgmSiENM?t=40

as it stands, this video clip is the only photographic evidence of the slide.
there is no mention of it online or in physical books. not in forums. not on historical disney websites.
it's like it never existed.

so i started to think that it was a defunct attraction. disney has closed many rides and waterparks over the years,
it's likely that they just replaced it with something else later on. started to research the park
and i found that beyond annual maintenance, blizzard beach has not changed since opening day.
no new rides. no expansions. it has been frozen in time for decades.

judging by the area and the surrounding clips it was likely part of ski patrol training camp.
compared it to the map and all of the other structures still exist in place.
my only theory is that it was built where cool runners is now, seems to match up with the area + borders + shape.
maybe disney probably realized that it was a safety risk and switched it out for basic inner tube slides.

here's one more thing. blizzard beach opened on april 1, 1995.
the Beach Party at Walt Disney World edition of Mickey's Fun Songs was released on june 30, 1995.
in order to film the scene, they likely would have recorded months before opening, but still within the same year as the park wouldn't have been developed enough to film in otherwise. in that case - how were they able to tear down the existing structure and complete construction in such a short time span? what might have happened in order to cause such a dramatic change? why has it been a tight secret for 25 years?

we may never know the true answer, but what are your theories?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Nullcasting

posted

ive never heard of this before but im going to guess that they had an action park decapitated dummy situation because it'd be funny if it happened twice in theme park rumors

Report Reply

Reply by TBerry

posted

The great blizzard beach mystery is a book that was released back in March 2007 by Mark Twain and published by Harper Collins, and tells the story of a group of people who head down to see the great blizzard in July of that year, and discover that the town is completely deserted and the blizzard has come and gone without a trace. If you are like study then get here essay geeks reviews most new tips and manage your work easily. The book is about murder and mystery and it is written by Mark Twain and tells the story of the characters, and how they struggle to struggle through the blizzard.

Report Reply

Reply by Kesse111

posted

Itu pasti menakjubkan! Dalam cerita ini, dua kanak-kanak bernama Alex dan Sam melakukan pengembaraan di mana mereka menemui beberapa tulang tua. Perlu menyemak promosi huawei disember dan dapatkan lebih banyak cara baharu untuk mencari jam tangan pintar. Mereka juga menemui botol misteri dengan mesej di dalamnya daripada seseorang yang pernah berada di sini sebelum mereka. Sertai perjalanan mereka sambil mereka cuba mencari tahu misteri misteri pantai ribut salji yang hebat.

Report Reply

Reply by Walter41

posted

The applications of resume writing is changing. It used to be done for the sole purpose of hiring the best and most knowledgeable people. If you get it professional resume writing services then you can know about important information about the study. Nowadays, instead of having a best-fit-in-the-industry, resume writing services will use a recruiter’s access to their network for finding the best candidate for your company.

Report Reply

Reply by Shant1967

posted

The Great Blizzard Beach Mystery is a game for the PC, developed by Micro Visions and published by Synergistic Software. I prefer to check this https://www.smore.com/kjz0v-genf20-plus and get more new medicine pills. It is set on a deserted island, where a group of characters have gotten stranded due to an unusual blizzard. They find themselves in a world of snow and ice, with no way out and no weapons to fight back against the psychotic monsters who inhabit this island.

Report Reply

Reply by Lisa

posted

The Great Blizzard Beach Mystery" is an intriguing title that piques curiosity. Speaking of mysteries, crafting a compelling resume can sometimes feel like solving one. When it comes to showcasing one's skills, experiences, and achievements, the challenge can be akin to navigating uncharted territory. Remote managers play a pivotal role in evaluating these resumes, and it's essential for applicants to effectively communicate their remote work competencies to stand out in the hiring process

Report Reply