« Life Forum

I think I'm kind of a people pleaser but also...

Posted by Marblechalk

posted

Forum: Life

I think I'm kind of a people pleaser but also I just enjoy helping people and have learnt to prioritize my own well being first.

I used to be the kind of person who would be there for everyone else but myself and my mental health isn't the best but it is a lot better then it used to be and I've learnt to kind of put myself first, before helping anyone else but yeah I'm such a "I'll help you" person. 

But like, you need someone to vent to? I am right here, I'll listen! You want to go somewhere but don't want to go alone? I'll come with you! You don't want to be alone overall? I'll stay with you as long as I can and will check up on you if I do have to go somewhere!! You want someone to watch your fav movie or cartoon with you? Let's do it! You need a study buddy? I'll help as much as I can. You need notes from the classes you missed? If I have them I'll give them to you! You feel sad? I'm here for you. You want to yap about life? I'll listen go on! You want to just get your mind off of your own life and listen someone else talk? I can talk your ear off lmao. You a friend? Well you got one now!! You don't have money? Don't worry about it, I'll get it for you. You are a very clingy person? My arms are open, you can have all the hugs you want!!! You don't want to hug and would rather just have some space? Sure I'll make sure to resect your boundaries. You haven't eaten today? Please go eat, we can go get some food together if you'd like!! You feel like you can't get out of bed? Let's go lay outside instead, we don't have to do anything at all but laying down on a blanket, in the sun, maybe also listen to some music, doesn't that sound nice? You haven't taken care of your hygiene lately? I can wash your hair for you and we can brush our teeth together, I'll help!! Your room's a mess? I'll clean it for you! or we can clean it together!! You want to play games together? Sure I love games!!

and so on.

Sometimes I feel like being this kind of person can get you hurt in the end but if you manage to prioritize yourself as well and take care of your physical and mental health, its quite nice to be able to be even a bit of help. I don't know when exactly I started thinking like this. Of course it's not possible to be there for people all the time and instantly respond to texts of calls every single time but if I will get back to people as soon as I can!!

When I was younger I tried to be there for people ALL of the time and if anyone is like I used to be that is reading this, please take a break, get some water, take a nap, give yourself a bit of love and appreciation. You've earned it! 

And even if you reading this right now are in fact not a people pleaser, you still deserve love and I hope everything goes well for you!!

Anyway I just wanted to yap about this, now I realize I should have written this as a blog but you know.. its whatever.

I hope you have a great rest of your life stranger or well if you are one of my friends reading this then I hope that same thing for you obviously just you're not a stranger lol

Cute car picture to ease all your troubles!!

Report Topic

0 Replies