« Helping each other Forum

TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL/EDITING?

Hello! I've struggled with weight my whole life and today I decided I wanted to document my weightloss journey in a more digital format. It would be my little digital diary! But at the same time I would like to have aesthetically pleasing videos. For the camera I would just use my phone (even if the quality is bad). If anyone has any tips and tricks, I would apreciate it a lot! (I'm not hoping for fame and recognition, it'll just be a place to reminisce)

Anyhow, wish me luck 🐧 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by ⸸Nuclear Vexx⸸

posted

What kind of videos are you trying to make? Are you trying to make daily or weekly vlogs of your journey? Are you looking to do recaps of transformations? Self-care routines? Fitness routines? 

It's very important that you know what direction you want to design, format, and edit your videos in, otherwise it will become confusing and daunting. 

As for content creation essentials, you may want to get a different camera as you professed you want aesthetically pleasing content. 
- Tripod 
- Microphone + Headphones
- Lighting (most use ring lights)
- Backdrop
- Video editing software 
- Computer/Laptop + Storage
- ND Filters (if you're filming outdoors)
- Gimbal (if you're looking for smooth stabilized shots)
- SEO Tools (optimizing video titles, tags, and descriptions)
- Royalty-free music (can go with a service/sub, or various websites - though you will need to verify the licensing so you do not get DMCA'd)
- Graphic Software (creating thumbnails) - Postermywall, Canva, or Adobe Spark work well.

If you are missing essentials, and do not have the appropriate skills to go down this endeavor, it will be difficult but not impossible. For a long-end setup, may cost you $400 USD, for a mid setup, $800 USD, and high-end setup with easy to use software + utilities will be floating around $5,000 USD. 

Without a true synopsis of type of video you want to create, I can only guess at the possible applicable necessary tools. 

I also create content, but I have an arsenal of skills to where it reduces cost significantly. 

Permalink Report Reply