« Games Forum

opinions on modern gaming ????

Posted by collei

posted
updated

Forum: Games

what is y'all opinions on modern games, personally older game titles or indie games are way more fun then a typical triple A game title, i'm just curious what everyone opinions on it! :>

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rambang

posted

new games are lameeeee, theres no magic feeling playing these new games, ive been playing ps2 games alot more recently (i highly reccomend parappa the rapper 2 for ps2 omggggg its so good)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by JohnnyBoy

posted

Like everything, it depends. There's obviously some trash games around there like Warzone, TLOTR: Gollum, Skull Island, etc... But in the other hand, you have absolute masterpieces like RDR2, TLOU 1 and 2, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and waaay more horrific games launched since the past 10 years

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by swaghaver

posted

i really hate how a lot of the bigger modern releases basically require a supercomputer for you to even get 60 fps so i tend to play games from the early 2010s and earlier

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Backslash

posted

indie games rule, AAAs are meh..... uhmmmm idk go play rain world

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Backslash

posted

in all seriousness, modern gaming is a real mixed bag with some of the most unique experiences ever conceived, or ummm... military guy shoot other military guy simulator #928135795983 (now with even more expensive cosmetics and microtransactions!)....

honestly, id say the current climate is pretty good if you behave like a sane human being and ignore the AAA slop that requires hardware more expensive than the actual game itself to play it properly and actually focus on all the insanely well made indie games floating around here and there

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Pelani

posted

Modern gaming is complete garbage, nowadays almost all games are online and with an increasingly toxic community, nothing more to say

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by 1st Generation

posted

too broke to buy new games, rather buy $5 xbox 360 games

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by 1st Generation

posted

too broke to buy new games, rather buy $5 xbox 360 games

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by joint

posted

i find myself revisiting older games but i still do play newer games too. i definitely dont have the money OR the space to drop 60 bucks on every triple A game that drops but the ones i have bought have been good ones. i still play a lot of somewhat older online games like red dead online tho, and while the games can be shitty sometimes, its the friends i spend time with that really make the gaming experience. i dont play online games alone for sure

i play skyrim the most even after all these years. im worried tes6 will be trash if that tells you anything

i feel like theres a huge focus on making games look realistic instead of experimenting with art styles sometimes which is sad :( i think red dead redemption made it work by capturing the beauty of nature but other games are meh when theyre hyper realistic. i feel like making hyper realism the goal every time just isnt always the move, yknow?

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by 🐰🥩 Jay → 🌒👹

posted

At this point, AAA modern gaming feels like it tries too hard to create The Most Epic Game Of The Year(tm) instead of an actually fun game that people enjoy, which is why people seem to shift their focus more towards indie games and what they have to offer (plus not to mention that the big consoles have large indie libraries now more than ever).

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by jeanette

posted

Sadly, a lot of modern gaming (especially AAA games) have fallen
into that pit of live service shooters and whatnot. And a lot of
companies just force their employees to work on something they don't want
to or to hurry it up already, essentially ruining the whole thing.
There
was definitely a certain magic to gaming back then, which I miss a
ton... Doesn't mean we still haven't got cool games coming out recently! Just not as many as there possibly were before. It's too stale. I'm praying for some major comeback or up tick in good, actual fun, not 'GIVE ME YOUR MONEY TO WIN' type games.

Oh, and AAA games nowadays being like 70 euros? Bullshit. Absolutely stupid, IMO. Indies and oldies are where it's at.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Sylvester

posted

i think big companies have drained all of the passion from video games and every time an indie company is bought by an A list, an angel loses its wings lol. indie game companies (especially smaller ones) tend to have some of the most creative, passionate, incredible people who want to make something artistic and fun rather than something that can make them money. indie games will always be more important to me than big title games, even when it comes to franchises i love.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by natalie m shoebuckle

posted

triple a companies dont care about what people want to play, they just care about making their investers and higher ups happy. devs are overworked to produce mediocre experiences that get repetitive fast. theres no more soul in video games, just the need to stuff their pockets with cash.  theres obvious exceptions but mostly, its all the same.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Nicholas (music on prof🎧)

posted

Unfortunately, mostly soulless. It's definitely not all shit and piss, but the majority of triple A games are. Stupidly expensive and require the engine of a jet to run games now days, only for a game with a bland plot that does nothing striking at all.

Albeit i probably can't have much of an opinion on this considering i don't have the engine of a jet on me.

Permalink Report Reply