8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by knut

posted

Reply by lucien zeal

posted

Reply by DNCNGLVNV

posted

I love the instant availability of digital music and the ability to access it seamlessly because you have the option of discovering new music quicker, the landscape is limitless it seems, and the transfer and deliver of your own music makes discovery of you more reliable. However, CDโ€™s are priceless. I canโ€™t tell you how great it felt to head over to a local CD Shop or a Half Price Books and discovering CDs of bands you had no clue existed. Bruh, I would take gambles at these stores in hopes of landing a great purchase and I rarely got disappointed. For exampleโ€ฆI think it wasโ€ฆ2003 when I found a little gem of a band called โ€œCrushedโ€ and their โ€œSelf-Titledโ€ album and at the time I was heavily invested in metal and all that and so at the time the album art depicted this sort of edgy, dark persona..I canโ€™t really explain it but itโ€™s on Spotify now. Check it:ย 

https://open.spotify.com/album/6PTXCksivi6qwbNkMxb6Tg?si=vBJ9GU8aQgWwJMnx2Vdbjw

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Fumez_Music

posted

Neither. I use vinyl, minidisc or open reel tape

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by rumination.

posted
updated

Personally I like physical media more because of the ability to interact with said media in a more personalized way and to ensure that I actually own it and it won't be taken away form me, but to also know that I'm actually supporting the artists I love. But I can't deny the convenience of digitalized media, Because I love lots of music and these songs can span many genres and availability so they may be on albums I don't particularly like or just aren't sold physically so i will give digital media credit for that. And obviously buying a whole album for a single song that I like would be a pretty shitty investment.ย 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by kathi <3

posted

i believe u don't properly own smth unless you have it physically,, one day all technology cld j go down nd ud lose all ur music nd photos, so cds are wayy better.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Itwaswritten.in.blood

posted

I love havin physical copies of my fav albums, (if its even possible to get them out there anymore bc im either listening to old music or underground ;/) but digital is wayy more accesable and free, so it still wins I guessย 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Randal ivory

posted
updated

Yess , something about owing a physical copy is just so amaZing

Permalink Report Reply